Marvel Snap

JonStark

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I am waiting on Task still. I do wanna add Arnim, but I gotta figure out who I am going to remove. I really like having Hobgoblin for chaos, but it's probably him. 

Yeah the goblins are fun for other decks but there are too many good destroy cards for this one. Not sure who I'm going to remove if I ever do get Knull though. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, showtime said:

I haven't tried it, but I've watched people play it. Looks pretty cool. I normally avoid card games outside of Hearthstone. I might give this one a try tho.

I'd say give it a week and then decide if you want to keep going. Out of my 4 friends, 3 love it and one plays off and on. 

17 hours ago, JonStark said:

I'd say give it a week and then decide if you want to keep going. Out of my 4 friends, 3 love it and one plays off and on. 

That's one of the issues with games like Hearthstone and Marvel Snap. You need to constantly play them to get rewards/in-game currency to buy stuff or you start to fall way behind.

29 minutes ago, showtime said:

That's one of the issues with games like Hearthstone and Marvel Snap. You need to constantly play them to get rewards/in-game currency to buy stuff or you start to fall way behind.

The nice thing with Snap is just playing gets you the cards for the most part. Yeah you need to buy the season pass to get whatever card that is, but it goes into rotation after that and sifts down the tiers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JonStark said:

Just hit infinite for the first time! Aero really is the MVP of the game. 

My destroy deck is so much fun and has my favorite variants, but the on reveal deck is the way to go to move up. That and knowing when to retreat. 

I'm jealous. I have moved to an Aero deck though and have been climbing again. Hoping to at least get past 60 before the end. 

3 hours ago, JonStark said:

Just hit infinite for the first time! Aero really is the MVP of the game. 

My destroy deck is so much fun and has my favorite variants, but the on reveal deck is the way to go to move up. That and knowing when to retreat. 

Sunspot, Iceman, Liz, Electro, Wave, Jubs, Sandman, Cap Marvel, Aero, Doom, Odin, Magneto

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm jealous. I have moved to an Aero deck though and have been climbing again. Hoping to at least get past 60 before the end. 

Finally started moving back up too

My Surfer / Sera deck has been cutting through the ranks lately, I think because it’s so versatile to countering other popular decks.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Sunspot, Iceman, Liz, Electro, Wave, Jubs, Sandman, Cap Marvel, Aero, Doom, Odin, Magneto

I got up to 92 with my destroy deck but it was impossible to go any higher and fell back to 85. Then switch to my OR one and went up 15 ranks in 2 days. Just have to know to fold 1 or 2 cubes instead of pushing it, and if your hand didn't go the way you wanted but you have an idea what they want, use Aero on turn 5/6. Most of the time, they leave and it didn't matter you had nothing. My lineup was

Sunspot, Okoye, Thor, Ironheart, Wave, Wong, Shang Chi, White Tiger, Aero, Doom, Odin, She Hulk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm stuck around 65 still. Was rolling well enough with an Aero/Magneto/Sandman type deck, but the Aero nerf is gonna cut that some. Trying to figure out how to beat these better decks but struggling. 

Best way to beat the better decks if you didn't draw the disruption cards is to retreat for only 1/2 cube losses and live to see another day. I hate the Aero nerf. I still use her, but had to add Daredevil to my deck so I can see which order they play their cards on turn 5. 

Shuri escaped basically unscathed, but at least the Taskmaster nerf can help. Just have to Aero Red Skull on 5 away from Cosmo/Armor and have priority on 6 to Shang chi him out of there. Love the stone and Quinjet nerfs for the Thanos deck, but wish Leech got hit too.

I was able to get back up to Infinite with these 2 decks (the on reveal one took me the last 20 ranks):
On reveal: Sunspot, Daredevil (or Okoye), Ironheart, Thor, Wong, Shang chi, Enchantress, White Tiger, Aero, Doom, Odin, She Hulk
- If you can get an Ironheart, Wong, Tiger, Odin combo, it's almost a guaranteed win. If not, you have cards like Enchantress, Aero, and Shangchi for defense or Thor to build up.

Deathwave: Nova, Yondu, Titania, Carnage, Venom, Killmonger, Wave, Shang chi, Arnim Zola, Knull, She Hulk, Death
- Goal is to build up a knull that you can get out early with Wave by using Yondu early and eating Titania/Death with Venom, and then Zola him to double his power.

Electro ramp: Sunspot, Electro, Wave, Jubilee, Shang chi, Enchantress/Leech, Kingpin, Aero, Doom, Odin, She Hulk, Magneto
- Try to get electro out early so you can Leech, but if not you can try to get Kingpin down and Aero/Magneto cards there on 6. Can also get Doom out early and Odin him.

• Like 2