2023 Draft

THE DUKE

Missed mock draft Monday, so here is one I did today using the Joe Goodberry big board over on Fanspeak

28. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
60. Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
92. DJ Turner, CB, Michigan
131. Israel Abanakanda, RB, Pitt
163. Jalen Redmond, DT, Oklahoma
206. Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR, West Virginia
246. Anfernee Orji, LB, Vanderbilt

55 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Missed mock draft Monday, so here is one I did today using the Joe Goodberry big board over on Fanspeak

28. Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee
60. Luke Musgrave, TE, Oregon State
92. DJ Turner, CB, Michigan
131. Israel Abanakanda, RB, Pitt
163. Jalen Redmond, DT, Oklahoma
206. Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR, West Virginia
246. Anfernee Orji, LB, Vanderbilt

I like picks 28,60,163. I think we could probably do better at 92 and 131. 

I did one for fun, also using Joe's board.  I uhhh, think it's probably unrealistic lol.  Only 2 OT's went off the board before the Bengals pick - B Jones and Skoronski. 

28: R1 P28 OT Paris Johnson Jr - Ohio State

60: R2 P29 TE Sam LaPorta - Iowa

92: R3 P29 RB Devon Achane - Texas A&M

131: R4 P29 CB Jaylon Jones - Texas A&M

163: R5 P28 DL Jalen Redmond - Oklahoma

206: R6 P29 WR Puka Nacua - BYU

246: R7 P29 FB Hunter Luepke - N Dakota St

The Hunter Luepke pick was for fun, because i want to see a FB play football in the NFL again XD

16 hours ago, theJ said:

I did one for fun, also using Joe's board.  I uhhh, think it's probably unrealistic lol.  Only 2 OT's went off the board before the Bengals pick - B Jones and Skoronski. 

28: R1 P28 OT Paris Johnson Jr - Ohio State

60: R2 P29 TE Sam LaPorta - Iowa

92: R3 P29 RB Devon Achane - Texas A&M

131: R4 P29 CB Jaylon Jones - Texas A&M

163: R5 P28 DL Jalen Redmond - Oklahoma

206: R6 P29 WR Puka Nacua - BYU

246: R7 P29 FB Hunter Luepke - N Dakota St

The Hunter Luepke pick was for fun, because i want to see a FB play football in the NFL again XD

I think it's much more likely that Paris goes top 10 before he makes it to 28, but weird stuff happens in the draft sometimes, so I guess you never know.  I'm not that big on Jaylon Jones, but otherwise i'm onboard with this.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

I think it's much more likely that Paris goes top 10 before he makes it to 28, but weird stuff happens in the draft sometimes, so I guess you never know.  I'm not that big on Jaylon Jones, but otherwise i'm onboard with this.

I'll admit to knowing nothing about the round 4-6 guys.  Basically just clicked a name lol.  I have some seen some highlights of Luepke though.  He's fun and I think the Bengals offense could do some creative things with him.

1 minute ago, theJ said:

I'll admit to knowing nothing about the round 4-6 guys.  Basically just clicked a name lol.  I have some seen some highlights of Luepke though.  He's fun and I think the Bengals offense could do some creative things with him.

I'd love a hybrid FB/RB/HB type of guy, I think Taylor could actually get pretty creative with that.  I also heard he is a solid receiver and at pass pro.  I'd much rather do that with Luepke in rd 6/7 than with Kincaid in rd 1.

I tried the Fanspeak mock with level set to difficult. But it still had CJ Stroud available at pick 28. So I don't think I'll be trying theirs again.

It would be nice to have a fullback on the roster and routinely convert on 3rd and 1. Or be able to pound it in after first and goal from the 6. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I tried the Fanspeak mock with level set to difficult. But it still had CJ Stroud available at pick 28. So I don't think I'll be trying theirs again.

It would be nice to have a fullback on the roster and routinely convert on 3rd and 1. Or be able to pound it in after first and goal from the 6. 

I miss Jeremy Johnson.  Football was more fun with FB's. 

It's no secret the Bengals are looking at CBs. I don't think this means Forbes is the guy, they've spoken with lots of them. 

Forbes has good length and speed and great ball skills. But he's also lighter than any CB currently in the NFL and not very physical. I could see our AFCN opponents just running at him every down. He's not going to slow down Najee Harris or Nick Chubb or JK Dobbins. 

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

It's no secret the Bengals are looking at CBs. I don't think this means Forbes is the guy, they've spoken with lots of them. 

Forbes has good length and speed and great ball skills. But he's also lighter than any CB currently in the NFL and not very physical. I could see our AFCN opponents just running at him every down. He's not going to slow down Najee Harris or Nick Chubb or JK Dobbins. 

I'm not saying that I approve, or anything, but there are plenty of corners that tackle about as well as a kicker running around the league. I'd be much more concerned about him just being manhandled by receivers at the point of the catch. It's hard to beat NFL receivers to the ball as easily as he did in his admittedly impressive college highlights.

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I don't know that i'd say he's not physical.  His size is certainly going to be a problem tackling larger TE's/RB's, but he'll get in there.  He's also tall enough that getting to 190 lbs with an NFL nutrition plan shouldn't be all that difficult.