2023 Draft

THE DUKE

Can't stop, won't stop.  Traded Jonah for 75 and 225 after I secured Dawand, then traded down from 75 to 85 once I drafted Kraft at 71.

• CIN
    Dawand Jones
    OT Ohio State
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Julius Brents
    CB Kansas State

• CIN
    Tucker Kraft
    TE South Dakota State
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Israel Abanikanda
    RB Pittsburgh
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Marvin Mims Jr.
    WR Oklahoma

• CIN
    Moro Ojomo
    DT Texas

• CIN
    Ricky Stromberg
    OC Arkansas
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Riley Moss
    CB Iowa

• CIN
    Aidan O'Connell
    QB Purdue

• CIN
    Michael Turk
    P Oklahoma
    trade icon
  • CIN
    Xazavian Valladay
    RB Arizona State

• 2024 NO 4th
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Are you actually unaware that bigtime college football programs have bigger staffs than NFL teams? They have plenty of dieticians and nutritionists. 

They are student athletes. In the NFL it is there literal day job to focus 100% of their attention on football and their body.

Mike Hilton is 17 lbs bigger than Forbes (and 4 inches shorter). He's much more solidly built. 

For now. 

And Hilton had 0 tackles for loss in the 2021 playoffs. Stop making stuff up. 

You do realize we played them in 2022, right?

Broderick Jones has been slipping on some boards, PFF has him at 26 now.  I think he is more likely to make it to 28 than Darnell Wright.  I did a mock where both Mayer and Kincaid were gone and it was down between Jones and Forbes.  They have Bijan ranked 24th, which seems low to me and he was there, but I really don't think he will be come draft day so I kind of just ignored it.  If it did happen, I think I would pull the trigger.  

Went with Jones, then at 60 Darnell Washington was still there so I pulled the trigger, and then i'd be very happy with Darius Rush at 92, so I did that.  RB would have to wait until rd 4.

I hate that PFF locked down their simulator, they are the only ones who consistently update their rankings.  You get different boards on Fanspeak, but I am not a fan of that interface for the draft simulator.

Edited by THE DUKE

Talk about a wild draft board, I did the Fanspeak - Steve Shoup board and ended up with a defensive draft

28: R1 P28 CB Deonte Banks - Maryland
60: R2 P29 TE Sam LaPorta - Iowa
92: R3 P29 LB Jack Campbell - Iowa
131: R4 P29 DE Adetomiwa Adebawore - Northwestern
163: R5 P28 RB DeWayne McBride - UAB
206: R6 P29 WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton - West Virginia
246: R7 P29 G Jon Gaines II - UCLA

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The first tackle is for no gain. The second one looks like a tackle for loss to me but Pro Football Reference says Hilton had 0 tackles for loss in the 2021 playoffs. Is that from another game?

That's from last season's regular season game.

• Like 1

Competing mock drafts for mock draft Monday, both using the updated Joe Goodberry big board over at Fanspeak:

Attempt #1:

28: R1 P28 DL Calijah Kancey - Pittsburgh
60: R2 P29 CB DJ Turner - Michigan
92: R3 P29 TE Zack Kuntz - Old Dominion
131: R4 P29 RB Chase Brown - Illinois
163: R5 P28 TE Davis Allen - Clemson
206: R6 P29 WR Bryce Ford-Wheaton - West Virginia
246: R7 P29 LB Anfernee Orji - Vanderbilt

Attempt #2: 

28: R1 P28 OT Darnell Wright - Tennessee
60: R2 P29 TE Tucker Kraft - S Dakota State
92: R3 P29 RB Israel Abanikanda - Pittsburgh
131: R4 P29 CB Jakorian Bennett - Maryland
163: R5 P28 DL Cameron Young - Mississippi State
206: R6 P29 G Anthony Bradford - LSU
246: R7 P29 WR Matt Landers - Arkansas

6 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Put me onboard with draft #2. It hits our needs with good players, though I don't know much about the 5th and 6th rounders.

Bradford is a big athletic IOL who would be a bit of a project (hence why he is a 6th rounder), but he fits the larger mauling style that we seem to be moving towards.

I don't know too much about Young, but was looking for an athletic IDL.  When I get to the later rounds, I'm swinging for upside with high RAS since I don't know these guys like the scouts do.

I like Fanspeak's process when you turn it on difficult, because I almost think the simulation tries to pick your needs right before you pick to make it harder.  That coupled with Goodberry's big board made me just miss on guys I wanted to fall quite a bit and made everything after pick 28 a lot more difficult to pick than most all the other simulators.  That said, it keeps giving me absolute home run picks at 28. I had another one where it gave me Bijan at 28, and another where Paris Johnson was there.

The EPC mock draft has wrapped up. I ran the Bengals and ended up with the following players:

Round 1 Dawand Jones

2 Traded pick 60 for picks 71 and 130

3 Took Zach Charbonnet, Darius Rush (pick acquired for Jonah), Luke Schoonmaker

4 Karl Brooks, Nick Saldiveri

5 Zach Evans

6 Davis Allen

7 Jarrick Bernard-Converse (acquired along with Nick Foles for Lael Collins), Bryce Baringer (pick acquired for Joe Mixon), DJ Johnson

We doubled up at TE, RB, and CB and got a pretty good group of players.