Did a post day 1 FA mock draft on PFF, no trades

28. Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
60. Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern
92. Luke Schoonmaker, TE, Michigan
131. Jakorian Bennett, CB, Maryland
164. Zach Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion
205. Mohamed Ibrahim, RB, Minnesota
247. Derius Davis, WR, TCU

Wow.  I did one last night too, and got almost the same thing....

1.  Jones instead of Harrison in trade back picking up an extra 3rd

2.  same

3.  Dell and Schoonmaker

4.  same'

5.  Same

6.  Scruggs for iOL

7.  Elijah Higgins since i already had Dell

I think we sign someone, be it Thornhill, Rapp, Love, or someone else.  I don't think we'll sign CGJ or bring back Bell somehow.  With Dax in year 2 and Anderson essentially a rookie after being injured last year, I doubt we take another one in the draft already having that much inexperience.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

What does everyone expect we do at the vacant safety spot? Wait for the market to cool in the coming days and hope someone like Thornhill or Rapp take what we offered Bell?

Going to have to sign one. Will probably try to get a cheap starter going into their second contract. Fall back is an older guy on a shorter deal.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

With carolina signing Hurst, gotta think we take one early (rounds 1 or 2) and another one later on.

They'll draft someone, but probably not early.  There's still several TE's on the market they're targeting, i'm sure. 

They'll likely re-sign Wilcox and Sample. Those guys are just hoping to make a roster somewhere. I could see them signing a starting TE in free agency. There are a lot of decent vets on the market. Once they start signing it becomes musical chairs. This is a good group of TEs in the draft so we might take one there too but if we sign a vet starter, it's less of an imperative. 

Losing Hurst hurts but someone like Gesicki or Hooper would be a like for like replacement.