DP8017's Initial Mock of 2023

Dawgpoun8017

* I preface this mock with saying I think there will be several restructuring of contracts in order to open up Cap room*

Free Agency

Daron Payne- DT

USATSI_17524446.jpg

Teair Tart- DT

6hRBBS1E.jpg

Anthony Walker Jr. (one year deal)

u1tfqli2momf6lala7yz.jpg

Draft

2.) Lukas Van Ness- DE- Iowa 

iowa-idl-lukas-van-ness.jpg

3.) Brandon Joseph- Safety- Notre Dame 

11408440.jpg

* Trade back into 3rd (4th,5th,6th)

3b.) Jack Campbell- LB- Iowa

GettyImages-1237228107-scaled.jpg

4.) Tank Dell- WR- Houston ( Player Comp: Poor mans Tyreek Hill)

IMG_1908.jpeg

7.)BPA

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

* I preface this mock with saying I think there will be several restructuring of contracts in order to open up Cap room*

Free Agency

Daron Payne- DT

USATSI_17524446.jpg

Teair Tart- DT

6hRBBS1E.jpg

Anthony Walker Jr. (one year deal)

u1tfqli2momf6lala7yz.jpg

Draft

2.) Lukas Van Ness- DE- Iowa 

iowa-idl-lukas-van-ness.jpg

3.) Brandon Joseph- Safety- Notre Dame 

11408440.jpg

* Trade back into 3rd (4th,5th,6th)

3b.) Jack Campbell- LB- Iowa

GettyImages-1237228107-scaled.jpg

4.) Tank Dell- WR- Houston ( Player Comp: Poor mans Tyreek Hill)

IMG_1908.jpeg

7.)BPA

Thanks excellent draft.

10 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I like it.

Still would like to take a developmental tackle in the middle or later part of the draft.

I was kinda thinking Matthew Bergeron from Syracuse but idk if he will fall far enough for me to want to change it, I think he ends up going in the second

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I'd be down for Van Ness in the 2nd. He's raw, but has a "floor" of being a very good run stopping LDE that can push the pocket. He would destroy TE's in a Wide 9, which I hate....but is allegedly what Schwartz uses with his "BASE" DE.

He reminds me of Trey Hendrickson

30 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

He reminds me of Trey Hendrickson

His get-off is absurd. Dude can go from 0-100 in a split second and combines that with jarring power. That is the best trait Hendrickson has. It's why I like the idea of him being our other Wide 9 (if we insist on playing with them...ick). Van Ness with a head of steam barreling down on a TE or OT will be very tough to contain, in theory.

That said, I think we need an interior pass rusher pretty badly. I am enamored with Kancey and if he continues to climb boards, would be one dude I'd be ok with us trading up to acquire, given the range/price. If he's there when we pick in R2, I'm not sure there's a player outside of the top 5 in this draft class I'd rather have.

1 minute ago, BetterCallSaul said:

His get-off is absurd. Dude can go from 0-100 in a split second and combines that with jarring power. That is the best trait Hendrickson has. It's why I like the idea of him being our other Wide 9 (if we insist on playing with them...ick). Van Ness with a head of steam barreling down on a TE or OT will be very tough to contain, in theory.

That said, I think we need an interior pass rusher pretty badly. I am enamored with Kancey and if he continues to climb boards, would be one dude I'd be ok with us trading up to acquire, given the range/price. If he's there when we pick in R2, I'm not sure there's a player outside of the top 5 in this draft class I'd rather have.

I would be shocked if in any way Kancey made it to the 2nd round, with the exception of him and the two top 10 DT, in Carter and Bresee, I am not enamored with this DT Class in the slightest, imo if were gonna do something with DT it needs to be in Free Agency

25 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

Like the draft & FA moves you did make, but would also need a WR in FA. As much as we need to fortify the defense, we also have to give Watson another weapon if we're going to contend with the Cin, Buff, and KCs in our conference.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but imo Dell immediately improved the slot WR option and I am interested to see what Woods has first

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Van Ness goes top 15 tbh 

I think a Lot goes into his Combine......he's a tools Guy....he's also not really produced consistently, I dont think he was a starter at Iowa....He has made some SPLASH plays...but so Did Clowney at USC lol

• Like 1