Bored at work Mock

HuskieBear

On 2/3/2023 at 12:28 PM, dll2000 said:

You wanted Mailata?  Well done.  He went in 7th.

Wasn't he a rugby player?  Those foreign guys almost never work out except as punters or kickers.

Note sure Jones is the guy.   He did really good for a 5th round rookie, but wasn't a great starter overall.  He got bullied a lot in pass pro.  Run blocking looked pretty good often.

I never went back and closely looked at him.  Just individual plays here and there you notice in real time.   I have no faith at all in PFF numbers.

I would like to watch a full game and compare it PFF grades sometime.  I would like to see their each play grade vs. mine and see how it shakes out.

Yes sir, might have been my best draft class.

Sugashane's Draft Class 

1. OLB - Marcus Davenort 

2a. OLB - Harold Landry 

2b. C - James Daniels 

4. RT - Will Richardson 

Traded our 5th No. 156 and No. 226 from the Broncos  

5. [156] - WR - Equanimeous St Brown 

6. QB - Alex McGough  

7a. WR Marcell Ateman  

7b. [226] - OL - Jordan Mailata  

I wasn't expecting him to be that good but people that big and athletic are outliers, so I was taking a chance. At minimum we would have the biggest FB. Lol

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Yes sir, might have been my best draft class.

Sugashane's Draft Class 

1. OLB - Marcus Davenort 

2a. OLB - Harold Landry 

2b. C - James Daniels 

4. RT - Will Richardson 

Traded our 5th No. 156 and No. 226 from the Broncos  

5. [156] - WR - Equanimeous St Brown 

6. QB - Alex McGough  

7a. WR Marcell Ateman  

7b. [226] - OL - Jordan Mailata  

I wasn't expecting him to be that good but people that big and athletic are outliers, so I was taking a chance. At minimum we would have the biggest FB. Lol

I have a draft theory that 5th and past you look hard at overlooked big school injured players, small school standouts and foreign athletes.

• Like 2

But foreign athletes and position change I have shied away from in recent years because most NFL coaches have not had good track record of radical development.  

Most of their in season practice formula doesn’t allow for much development.  

It’s mostly all game plan at 1/2 speed no live hitting. 

Just now, dll2000 said:

But foreign athletes and position change I have shied away from in recent years because most NFL coaches have not had good track record of radical development.  

Teams that can or do develop I think are at a large advantage over those that can’t or don’t.

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I have a draft theory that 5th and past you look hard at overlooked big school injured players, small school standouts and foreign athletes.

To add to that I'd say you also look at underwhelming produxtion guys who have impresive physical tools and guys with questionable character. A GM will never lose their job for cutting a 5th or 7th rounder when news breaks, but an early rounder is a significantly bigger gamble. 

9 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Yep, this makes me want to have PS and the 20 others that don't see the field outside of special teams on gameday have a separate practices from the primary players. They can take more intense practices since they don't really get reps on Sunday. 

Can't do that ENTIRELY because there at guys that will go down and subs will be needed but for 1/2 the practice they should be drilled hard. 

Give position coaches a chance to work in bigger roles and groups, so you can develop your coaches to a degree too. 

12 hours ago, Sugashane said:

To add to that I'd say you also look at underwhelming produxtion guys who have impresive physical tools and guys with questionable character. A GM will never lose their job for cutting a 5th or 7th rounder when news breaks, but an early rounder is a significantly bigger gamble. 

Yep, this makes me want to have PS and the 20 others that don't see the field outside of special teams on gameday have a separate practices from the primary players. They can take more intense practices since they don't really get reps on Sunday. 

Can't do that ENTIRELY because there at guys that will go down and subs will be needed but for 1/2 the practice they should be drilled hard. 

Give position coaches a chance to work in bigger roles and groups, so you can develop your coaches to a degree too. 

I have thought same.  Big colleges are always developing the bench throughout year.  Every level of football does it which has depth.  In NFL they don’t really do it.  

Likely the CBA prohibits what you are saying though.  The in season contact limits apply to PS too I bet.  

Kinda of smart. Limits ability of young players to take your job if you can’t develop.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 8:53 AM, dll2000 said:

2022 injured guys who come to mind who I think will bring a lot of value relative to draft slot due to injury impact are CBs Noah Daniels (TCU) and Garrett Williams (Syracuse) and WR Cedric Tillman (Tennessee). Daniels is super talented but injury prone, so he’s my least favorite of these three. Williams tore his ACL midseason or he likely would’ve been a R2-3 pick. Tillman should still go R2-3 but he was looked at as a potential first rounder before missing half the season with a high ankle sprain. His 2021 tape is awesome. He’s a guy I would love for us to target in R2. I think he’s gonna be a really good pro.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

2022 injured guys who come to mind who I think will bring a lot of value relative to draft slot due to injury impact are CBs Noah Daniels (TCU) and Garrett Williams (Syracuse) and WR Cedric Tillman (Tennessee). Daniels is super talented but injury prone, so he’s my least favorite of these three. Williams tore his ACL midseason or he likely would’ve been a R2-3 pick. Tillman should still go R2-3 but he was looked at as a potential first rounder before missing half the season with a high ankle sprain. His 2021 tape is awesome. He’s a guy I would love for us to target in R2. I think he’s gonna be a really good pro.

I am definitely a fan of Tillman. I know that Hyatt is all the hotness right now but I honestly think that Tillman's skill set and size will translate better in the pro game. I may be wrong but Hyatt gives me John Ross vibes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

I am definitely a fan of Tillman. I know that Hyatt is all the hotness right now but I honestly think that Tillman's skill set and size will translate better in the pro game. I may be wrong but Hyatt gives me John Ross vibes. 

Agree wholeheartedly about Tillman. When healthy in 2021 he was a 3-level WR with prototype size, strong hands and enough speed that he could run away from SEC DBs.