Watching QB movement from team to team...

vike daddy

With Friday night marking the moment that the clock strikes 12 on a trade of Aaron Rodgers from the Packers to the Jets, it makes sense for the two teams to resume their communications.

They reportedly have. Via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the two teams “recently re-engaged” on potential Rodgers talks.

“A deal is not imminent, but the two sides are at least talking — with hopes a deal can (finally) be done this week,” Rapoport tweeted.

48 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

With Friday night marking the moment that the clock strikes 12 on a trade of Aaron Rodgers from the Packers to the Jets, it makes sense for the two teams to resume their communications.

They reportedly have. Via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the two teams “recently re-engaged” on potential Rodgers talks.

“A deal is not imminent, but the two sides are at least talking — with hopes a deal can (finally) be done this week,” Rapoport tweeted.

Do you think it would be to the Vikings benefit to facilitate the Rodgers trade by trading our 1st round pick to the Jets for both of their 2nd round picks?  Then the Jets could trade the 1st round pick they got from us to the Packers, which they (the Packers) have steadfastly claimed was a requirement for trading Rodgers to the Jets.

20 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

This seems so obvious to me, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be included in the deal. 

Since the Jets are 13 and the Packers are 15, it's probably not all that valuable of a difference to warrant it being done.

41 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Since the Jets are 13 and the Packers are 15, it's probably not all that valuable of a difference to warrant it being done.

Based on the value chart, the difference is equal to a 3rd round compensatory pick. That’s a solid bargaining piece. 

I still think a fair offer to Green Bay would one of the Jets’ 2nd round picks and a swap of 1st rounders. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Throw those mocks out, Swap of 1sts, 2nd and a 2024 1st if Rodgers plays 65% of the snaps otherwise it's a 2nd. Plus Jets getting a 6th this year and Packers a 5th I believe.

I'm not throwing the 2023 mock out, at least as far as the 1st, because the changes there will be minimal.