Watching QB movement from team to team...

vike daddy

On 2/2/2023 at 3:45 PM, PrplChilPill said:

Sigh. Just maybe younger people shouldn't be put in a big group and stereotyped? I don't know, maybe that's me. Or, maybe young people are tired of working for peanuts for a decade given the insane debt load we've put on them by not having states subsidize college anymore? 

Good luck finding a QB better than Kirk. Several teams have been trying for decades....

Good Luck finding a better QB than a 35 year old QB that cost a boat load, and simply isn’t worth the money he’s being paid?  That’s a terrible outlook.  Don’t move away from the decent QB you have because I’m scared to see my team try anything else….  Sad. Unfortunately, you are like many Vikings fans so you aren’t alone in the outlook.

This is beyond the age that teams start looking for QBs anyway.  I like the way Kirk has played this year, and I’m a fan of 2022 Cousins, and I hope they do find their QBOTF.  It’s okay to do both. 

I think the people who do not want to move on from Cousins without a succession plan in place have PTSD from all of the previous QB's that simply did not pan out (myself included). We are far more likely to have another Christian Ponder or T-Jack than we are to have someone comparable to Kirk. With that being said, we do need to start bracing ourselves because it isn't too realistic to think a 35 year old quarterback will be around her much longer, especially with a brand new regime. Do we look this year? Do we take a risk on a guy like Richardson or do we wait? Time will tell.

On 1/31/2023 at 12:59 PM, vike daddy said:

there are free agent QB's and others potentially to be traded that could be playing on other teams next year.

this is a thread to discuss their viability and potential fit to a new team.

it is not a thread to blah, blah, blah about Cousins, either pro or con.

please, guys, it was stated from the very beginning. please respect that.

9 hours ago, Morlee said:

Good Luck finding a better QB than a 35 year old QB that cost a boat load, and simply isn’t worth the money he’s being paid?  That’s a terrible outlook.  Don’t move away from the decent QB you have because I’m scared to see my team try anything else….  Sad. Unfortunately, you are like many Vikings fans so you aren’t alone in the outlook.

This is beyond the age that teams start looking for QBs anyway.  I like the way Kirk has played this year, and I’m a fan of 2022 Cousins, and I hope they do find their QBOTF.  It’s okay to do both. 

There is a difference around here in opinion because a lot (most?) seem to be afraid of the next QB being worse. There are some, myself being one, that are more concerned about the missed opportunity to get better if the team doesn't constantly look for an improvement.

I can see both sides.  It is true that the next QB will more likely than not be worse than the current QB.  However, the only chance of getting a better QB is by bringing in a replacement.

It was the same with Rick Spielman.  Many (most?) here were afraid of the next GM being worse than Spielman.  While it was true that there was a decent chance the next guy would be worse I wasn't going to let that fear get in the way of my perceived need of a better GM making it a move well worth the risk. Time will tell if the new GM is any better than Spielman. What he does with the QB position will go a long ways towards whatever the answer ends up being.

As we watch the QB movement this year, the Vikings should be vigilant in considering whether one of the options may be the right move for the Vikings future. Somebody like Carr might be decent; he maybe can play as good as Cousins in the Vikings system, but I am not personally interested.  To me, the team needs to identify a college QB and do what needs to be done to secure that player. That could be this year, but it doesn't have to be this year. It should be within the next few years.  In the meantime, focus on building the trenches.

• Like 1

I disagree with a lot of what he thinks, but the DMT rituals and other neuro therapy things aren’t weird at all. The therapeutic properties of hallucinogens are an exciting and promising field of study right now, especially for those that have dealt with head trauma. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

I disagree with a lot of what he thinks, but the DMT rituals and other neuro therapy things aren’t weird at all. The therapeutic properties of hallucinogens are an exciting and promising field of study right now, especially for those that have dealt with head trauma. 

as someone who came from the era of recreational hallucinogens, how does one direct the effect of them in a therapeutic manner? i mean, they're pretty damn random...