Watching QB movement from team to team...

vike daddy

It makes sense. I brought the subject up at the end of the season when Chicago got the #1 pick. 

There are still a lot of developmental questions surrounding Fields, and two years into his rookie deal the Bears are starting their rebuild from the very bottom. 

Drafting a QB, who’s probably further along in their development as a passer, and starting the rebuild fresh with a QB at the beginning of their rookie deal has some strong appeal. 

13 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I'd trade #23 for Fields. I'm still a believer in him and I don't think they are even considering trading him.

I'd consider it for sure. I'm not 100% sold on him, but I'm not 100% sold on anyone at pick 23 either.......I'd also blow up the team for next year, but I'm not the owner trying to sell tickets or GM/coach trying to succeed (not trading OL or JJ in the blow up).

Less than a year after he arrived, Carson Wentz is done in Washington. The Commanders released Wentz today, making the obviously necessary move official.

Last year Washington acquired Wentz in a traded that cost the Commanders two third-round draft picks. The Commanders also cost themselves $28.3 million in salary cap space by acquiring Wentz for one year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/27/commanders-cut-carson-wentz/

11 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Less than a year after he arrived, Carson Wentz is done in Washington. The Commanders released Wentz today, making the obviously necessary move official.

Last year Washington acquired Wentz in a traded that cost the Commanders two third-round draft picks. The Commanders also cost themselves $28.3 million in salary cap space by acquiring Wentz for one year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/27/commanders-cut-carson-wentz/

I think he's finally going to resort to being a backup QB for the remainder of his career...about 3 years later than when it probably should have happened.  To think, he's entering Year 8 of his career...time flies.

40 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think he's finally going to resort to being a backup QB for the remainder of his career...about 3 years later than when it probably should have happened.  To think, he's entering Year 8 of his career...time flies.

Time does fly!  I lived in Bismarck at the time, and his jersey was everywhere.  Plenty of people said they knew him and his family, I guess his dad is an insurance guy.

• Like 1