Sean Payton to be Broncos HC

Abe56

13 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Still don't think you're understanding. The Saints are sending a 3rd back to the Broncos. They're basically swapping a 3rd, for a 2nd, in next year's draft. As a previous poster said, they're only netting one pick, a 1st this year.

Good get for the Saints. Something for nothing. Current coaching staff is cheeks deluxe though, so they'll probably do something stupid, like trade 2 future 1s with this pick to move into the top 10.....

My bad, I guess you are right Denver gets a 3rd rounder and Saints get a 1st and a 2nd next year.  Still I would say those are crazy high picks for a form retired coach.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Guessing Payton got paid big time, because I don't see why he'd wanna go to Denver unless he really thinks he can fix Wilson.

Payton is a narcissist. I love him…but I don’t think that is very debatable. This isn’t a pay day to him. He thinks he can win with the Broncos. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Payton is a narcissist. I love him…but I don’t think that is very debatable. This isn’t a pay day to him. He thinks he can win with the Broncos. 

I don't disagree he's a narcissist, but I'm sure the pay really, really helped too. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I mean...you got a future 2nd but had to give up a future 3rd. I think Loomis wanted two 1st's and that was going to be a stretch

On the Saints side, tbh I'd rather have Payton than the 29th pick and a future 2nd (while losing a future 3rd) 

There is no way Loomis actually expected to get two 1sts. Uh...Yeah sure, but Payton wasn't going to coach here so that's a moot point. 

I think people are sleeping on Sean Payton. Saints had some really bad luck that probably changes the view of SP as a HC. If the refs call DPI in that NFCCG and Marcus Williams doesn't have the worst missed tackle of all time he might find himself with 3 SB rings. He's definitely going to get Denver in a good spot in the next year or two.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

When looking at it like Bradley Chubb (his 22 million per year extension) and a 2024 2nd for SP and a 2024 3rd I feel much better about this trade.

As a Browns fan, I also have talked myself into some outrageously bad trades after making some outrageously bad moves to justify an outrageously bad future with no perceivable end in sight.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Always Sunny Fx GIF

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

As a Browns fan, I also have talked myself into some outrageously bad trades after making some outrageously bad moves to justify an outrageously bad future with no perceivable end in sight.

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Always Sunny Fx GIF

I mean why not? Nothing I can do to change it

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Kingram said:

I think people are sleeping on Sean Payton. Saints had some really bad luck that probably changes the view of SP as a HC. If the refs call DPI in that NFCCG and Marcus Williams doesn't have the worst missed tackle of all time he might find himself with 3 SB rings. He's definitely going to get Denver in a good spot in the next year or two.

He too would of lost to the 2017 Eagles. 

If Ifs and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 

20 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He too would of lost to the 2017 Eagles. 

If Ifs and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. 

Maybe. Point remains, two pretty flukey/out of his hands plays cost them deeper playoff runs. If he even makes two more SB I think he's looked at much differently. 

4 minutes ago, Kingram said:

Maybe. Point remains, two pretty flukey/out of his hands plays cost them deeper playoff runs. If he even makes two more SB I think he's looked at much differently. 

Possibly. He reminds me of most HC who were lucky enough to have a HOF QB for most of thier tenure as HC. Lucky!

Like most HOF QB you can argue HC/OC also made them who they were (chicken vs egg) debate. Until proven otherwise Payton will always be in the Mike McCarthy, Mike Holmgren and Steve Mariuchi group of NFL HC in the NFL.

Those with HOF QB carrying the load to 1 SB ring. I will point out and I'm sure Sean Payton will be the first.....👌

No head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams at any point in NFL history.

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Possibly. He reminds me of most HC who were lucky enough to have a HOF QB for most of thier tenure as HC. Lucky!

Like most HOF QB you can argue HC/OC also made them who they were (chicken vs egg) debate. Until proven otherwise Payton will always be in the Mike McCarthy, Mike Holmgren and Steve Mariuchi group of NFL HC in the NFL.

Those with HOF QB carrying the load to 1 SB ring. I will point out and I'm sure Sean Payton will be the first.....👌

No head coach has ever won a Super Bowl with two different teams at any point in NFL history.

I think we can also give Payton a fair amount of credit for Brees being elite though...Brees was certainly not revered as an elite QB pre-New Orleans and New Orleans was certainly not in a great situation pre-Payton. I think Payton was pretty consistently a top 5-ish HC throughout his tenure in New Orleans and at the very least he's good enough to get Denver out of laughing stock territory.