Sean Payton to be Broncos HC

Abe56

4 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I mean...you got a future 2nd but had to give up a future 3rd. I think Loomis wanted two 1st's and that was going to be a stretch

On the Saints side, tbh I'd rather have Payton than the 29th pick and a future 2nd (while losing a future 3rd) 

He was never going to coach for us again. Getting a 1st and a 2nd for his contract is an amazing haul for us. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I mean...you got a future 2nd but had to give up a future 3rd. I think Loomis wanted two 1st's and that was going to be a stretch

On the Saints side, tbh I'd rather have Payton than the 29th pick and a future 2nd (while losing a future 3rd) 

That wasn't an option as Payton no longer wanted to coach in New Orleans (hence his retirement). So in other words, we just gave up a 3rd round pick and obtained a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick for a "retired" coach. I think just about every Saints fan is thrilled with this development.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Man, he’ll have to suit up and play at this rate

That's just insane.

Broncos are gonna be a no man's land for the better part of a decade if he doesn't pull a coach of the year job.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I'm sure 20-$25M a year is a good srarting point. Any contract numbers yet?

I guess the better way to ask was "why would anyone with any other comparably paying options want this job?"