Sean Payton to the Broncos

whodatOL

Hoping he succeeds in Denver. I'm still a little curious why he didn't just wait another year, but I'm not going to complain about free draft picks!

Now here's to hoping they don't do something stupid with those picks, (like trade more future picks to move up), as well as tank properly next year to land a top pick while simultaneously firing this whole current coaching staff.

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

Hoping he succeeds in Denver. I'm still a little curious why he didn't just wait another year, but I'm not going to complain about free draft picks!

Now here's to hoping they don't do something stupid with those picks, (like trade more future picks to move up), as well as tank properly next year to land a top pick while simultaneously firing this whole current coaching staff.

I hate to crush your dreams, but the Saints aren't going to be bad enough next year for a top 10 pick. Especially with the Bucs plummet. Bucs and Falcons will probably win 6 games or less. Panthers will be the only competition for the division. 

6 hours ago, Kingram said:

I hate to crush your dreams, but the Saints aren't going to be bad enough next year for a top 10 pick. Especially with the Bucs plummet. Bucs and Falcons will probably win 6 games or less. Panthers will be the only competition for the division. 

Saints finished with a top 10 pick this year. What makes you think they'll be so much better next year? Personally, I don't see enough talent on their current roster, coupled with their current coaching staff, to win more than 5 or 6 games. 

On 1/31/2023 at 3:49 PM, JMG5 said:

A 1st and a pick swap for a guy who was never going to coach our team again is outstanding.

fify

Seems a little dishonest to not include New Orleans sending a 3rd back to Denver as part of the trade.  But still, good value by New Orleans.

8 hours ago, Kingram said:

This division right now feels like the tallest midget situation.  This could easily be a situation where the division winner wins 7 or 8 games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

fify

Seems a little dishonest to not include New Orleans sending a 3rd back to Denver as part of the trade.  But still, good value by New Orleans.

The fact that we got anything in the trade is great for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

So a repeat of this year. Nice. 

The difference in draft slots between the NFC South champ and the runner-up was 9 spots.  I mean, if you'd rather be embarrassed in the playoffs than something that probably helps you out long-term all the power to you.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The difference in draft slots between the NFC South champ and the runner-up was 9 spots.  I mean, if you'd rather be embarrassed in the playoffs than something that probably helps you out long-term all the power to you.

I want us to tank this year. Get the 1st overall pick, clean house and start a new era.

12 hours ago, SWATcha said:

Saints finished with a top 10 pick this year. What makes you think they'll be so much better next year? Personally, I don't see enough talent on their current roster, coupled with their current coaching staff, to win more than 5 or 6 games. 

Have you looked at our schedule? lol. Its a complete joke. If they bring in a guy like Jimmy G the Saints are easily winning 8-9 games next year.