Mocking the Pats, 2023

DaPatsKid98

6 hours ago, Crimmage said:

You have inspired me to create your nightmare scenario.. I like to call it, the Florida Draft: 

Patriots Trade Mac Jones and 46 for #7

7-> Anthony Richardson, QB FLORIDA

(Bill O'Brien gets his mobile QB project, who after he turns into a legit QB gets him a HC job again) 

Patriots trade 14 to Bengals for 28, 60, and 92

28-> O'Cyrus Torrence, OG FLORIDA

(Patriots decide he will do just fine at RT) 

60 -> Tyrique Stevenson, CB Miami ( At least it's the same state) 

(Shined at Senior Bowl, CB1 potential .. can play year 1) 

76 -> Gervon Dexter Sr, DL FLORIDA

(Raw, Powerful, creates a dominant OL with Barmore) 

92 -> Trey Dean III, S FLORIDA

(Shrine Bowl MVP, future starting Safety) 

Patriots trade 107 to Panthers for future 3rd

117 -> Ventrell Miller, LB FLORIDA

135 -> Will Mallory, TE Miami 

192 -> Isaiah Land, EDGE Florida A&M

210 -> Justin Shorter, WR FLORIDA

233 -> Richard Gouraige, OT FLORIDA

Patriots trade 258 to Saints for 2024 6th 

Surprisingly that gave me a better grade than my usual drafts.. a solid B+ LOL 

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ----------------------------------------------------------!!!!! You no longer have control of the draft

GO TO YOUR ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤣

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Gervon Dexter, DL, Florida

And  don't think you could seek this curse through without facing the consequences!!!!  This draft  FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff.

You, time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pisssss    Not bad on the on the rest!!!!  

Now go to your room and think of the mess your created  !!!!!!!!!!!! 

You  and  @Crimmage trying to kill me, with this gator trash  !!!!!

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 2

Ok up front, have no idea how to shrink. Sorry  Also I have to trade picks there to many idiot GM giving players and picks away!!!!

And just think these Bucky's gave me a C+

Not showings my draft,  so I'll wing it. Drafted ..

Wright and Duncan

Reed, Hutchinson, Latu, Gray, Rakim Jarrett,

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

Post Super Bowl Mock: 

For this mock, I will assume that the defense was the primary focus in free agency and the offense is the drafts focus. 

• Jon Jones Resigned, plays a mixture of slot/outside cb/FS
  • Everyone's favorite CB Myles Bryant signs a 1 yr min deal and is backup slot / fs
  • Tremaine Edmunds signed to 4 year deal 
  • Dugger & Uche extended on home town discount, 4 year extensions
  • Hunter Henry traded for a 2025 4th round pick
  • Jalen Mills traded at the end of training camp for a 2024 5th round pick
  • Mike Onwenu is not extended, then is traded at the end of training camp for a 2024 3rd round pick and 2025 5th round pick. It's a situation where the team tries to get him to sign a team friendly extension all summer.. he wants to go to free agency.. and at training camp they get an offer good enough to move on

Patriots trade 14 to Jags for 24 and 56

24: Dawand Jones, OT ( A bit of a risk but they put him at LT day 1, moving Trent back to RT) 

46: Josh Downs, WR ( Maybe a bit of a drop but I think he could be there at 46. Great speed and day 1 starter in slot with outside experience) 

Patriots trade 56 to Titans for 72, 149 and a future 3rd

72: Tucker Kraft, TE ( Athletic, move TE which is a decent blocker. Pair well with Jonnu) 

76: Steve Avila, OG/OC (A mauler, reminds me of Onwenu .. I think he could slide out to RT like he did if they want.. or he could be Onwenu's replacement if they want.. luxury pick here but they see him as too talented to pass up. In this scenario he ends up starting day 1 at RG and him blowing up camp is the only reason why Onwenu is traded. He also has the potential to be David Andrews replacement if Chasen Hines shows he can take over RG) 

107: Trey Dean III ( Love this dude, think he can be a star with the Patriots DB coaches moving him all around the secondary)

117: Jayden Reed, WR ( O'Brien has played 2 slots together before, but he also has a lot of experience playing outside... reminds me a bit of Deion Branch. He feels like a future Bourne replacement to me) 

135: Darius Rush, CB ( 6'2 200lb, they need a guy like that added to the DB room, he can play some snaps year 1 with future starter potential)

149: Jake Moody, K ( Played in bad weather, now is the time to get a new kicker) 

Patriots trade 184 & 210 to the Vikings for 160

160: Bryce Baringer, P ( More Michigan special teams, cold weather punting.. get rid of Bailey)

187: Payne Durham, TE (Better blocker than Kraft, upside due to only playing the position a few years, seems like a good leader, good 3rd TE year 1 to work into #2 spot once Jonnu is gone) 

192: Aubrey Miller, LB ( Was a rocket at the Senior Bowl, Combine Snub keeps him getting drafted low. Has the potential to be an early contributor) 

258: Travis Dye, RB ( 3rd down back, known for his pass protection, did great with interviews at Shrine Bowl) 

UDFA: 

- Isaiah Moore, LB: They loved him at the Shrine Browl

- Dalton Wagner, RT: Had him at the Shrine Browl, he's huge.. but raw

- Taron Vincent, DT: Stop the run guy, Shrine Browl Player they liked

- Myles Brooks, CB: Small school guy but had the right attitude and could turn into something with them. They coached him at the Shrine Bowl

- Tyrus Wheat, ED: Another small school guy they loved at the Shrine Bowl, he seems like an Anfernee Jennings replacement

This features some gambles, some luxury picks, and likely not enough defense compared to how they usually draft.. but overall I'd be super happy with this draft. You have a huge, immediate boost in talent on offense and special teams.. the two areas where this team needs help the most. You also grab two players in the secondary which have potential to make an immediate impact. The UDFA's are also guys who are all really high floor, low ceiling that they spent time with at the Shrine Bowl and they know what they are getting out of them. 

Edited by Crimmage

• 2 weeks later...

Pre-Combine Mock: I fully expect this to change and be unrealistic a week from now.

The only assumptions I'm making here are:

- A starting caliber ILB is signed in free agency so that it isn't a huge need in the draft ( because this is a bad LB draft imo)

- Jake Bailey wins his appeal and they keep him 1 more year

14 -> Peter Skoronski, LT 

- Solidifies the position for the next 5+ years. Don't think he will be an All Pro but a solid pick

46 traded to Jaguars for 56 & 88 ( it's just too unlikely that they don't move around somewhere in the top 2 rounds, they typically are a very active team) 

56 -> Cody Mauch, RT/RG 

- In this scenario Trent Brown is cut to save around 8M in cap space

- Cody Mauch plays RT year 1 then moves to RG year 2 if Onwenu doesn't resign ( I think if Onwenu doesn't extend before the draft he is a sneaky candidate to be traded during the draft for a 2nd or 3rd.. he will command top OG money next season) 

- Many have said Mauch can't play OT in the NFL and I don't see it.. he's certainly big enough and mean enough for how the Patriots want a RT to play.. he 100% seems like their type of guy

76 - Tucker Kraft, TE 

- He can block alright, but is a good athlete and can catch.. he's going to fly up boards after the combine

- He fits as a 3rd TE year one, I would expect them to ease him into the offense then realize halfway through the year he's the best guy they have

88 - Kyu Blu Kelly, CB 

- He isn't the biggest or most athletic guy, but he plays man and has NFL lineage. I think he could be a great player on this team

- He could play that 3rd CB role day 1 and take over the outside by mid season when Mills is hurt or moved to FS 

107 - Marvin Mims, WR

- Contested catch monster, highlight guy 

- He's the combination of quick and fast they need .. averaged 20 yards a catch on a bad offense

- I think he plays a lot day 1

117 - Trey Dean, S 

- He's not a McCourty replacement.. he's either an Adrian Phillips or Dugger replacement. Dugger is another guy who I think is either extended this offseason or he walks next year. He's great but I don't expect them to pay him top of the league money.

- I think they would ease him into the safety room.. especially if they resign Peppers which I have a feeling they will

135 - Jake Moody, K 

- BB always wants to get his favorite guy on special teams early.. Moody seems like the top kicker .. they spent time with him at the Shrine Bowl and he can kick FG's from over 50 which they need 

184 - Gervarrius Owens, FS

- The actual McCourty replacement .. this may be a bit late for him but he's one of the few deep safeties in this draft. They also like that Houston program so I could see them liking him a lot. I think he may have been at the Shrine Bowl too 

- He all but guarantees Myles Bryant doesn't come back

187 - Aubrey Miller Jr. , LB

- Wasn't invited to the combine, but blew up the Senior Bowl. He's smaller than their usual ILB but he's an athlete and I think he will be a steal for a team on day 3

192 - Ricky Stromberg, IOL 

- This is a good center class, he could start day 1, I think David Andrews has 1 year left then he retires.. so having the next guy ready to go is a big plus this late

- We don't know if Russey is the guy, but either way they could use IOL depth

210 - Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR

- He's a big contested catch guy who the Shrine Bowl says can run a 4.3

- If he is amazing at the combine he probably goes higher, but he didn't have a lot of production so I'm hoping here that he sticks around as a project. They need someone to learn the system this year with Parker/Bourne on 1yr deals

258 - Dante Stills, DL

- Did great at the Shrine Bowl, a little undersized but could replace Ekuale day 1

19 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Pre-Combine Mock: I fully expect this to change and be unrealistic a week from now.

The only assumptions I'm making here are:

- A starting caliber ILB is signed in free agency so that it isn't a huge need in the draft ( because this is a bad LB draft imo)

- Jake Bailey wins his appeal and they keep him 1 more year

14 -> Peter Skoronski, LT 

- Solidifies the position for the next 5+ years. Don't think he will be an All Pro but a solid pick

46 traded to Jaguars for 56 & 88 ( it's just too unlikely that they don't move around somewhere in the top 2 rounds, they typically are a very active team) 

56 -> Cody Mauch, RT/RG 

- In this scenario Trent Brown is cut to save around 8M in cap space

- Cody Mauch plays RT year 1 then moves to RG year 2 if Onwenu doesn't resign ( I think if Onwenu doesn't extend before the draft he is a sneaky candidate to be traded during the draft for a 2nd or 3rd.. he will command top OG money next season) 

- Many have said Mauch can't play OT in the NFL and I don't see it.. he's certainly big enough and mean enough for how the Patriots want a RT to play.. he 100% seems like their type of guy

76 - Tucker Kraft, TE 

- He can block alright, but is a good athlete and can catch.. he's going to fly up boards after the combine

- He fits as a 3rd TE year one, I would expect them to ease him into the offense then realize halfway through the year he's the best guy they have

88 - Kyu Blu Kelly, CB 

- He isn't the biggest or most athletic guy, but he plays man and has NFL lineage. I think he could be a great player on this team

- He could play that 3rd CB role day 1 and take over the outside by mid season when Mills is hurt or moved to FS 

107 - Marvin Mims, WR

- Contested catch monster, highlight guy 

- He's the combination of quick and fast they need .. averaged 20 yards a catch on a bad offense

- I think he plays a lot day 1

117 - Trey Dean, S 

- He's not a McCourty replacement.. he's either an Adrian Phillips or Dugger replacement. Dugger is another guy who I think is either extended this offseason or he walks next year. He's great but I don't expect them to pay him top of the league money.

- I think they would ease him into the safety room.. especially if they resign Peppers which I have a feeling they will

135 - Jake Moody, K 

- BB always wants to get his favorite guy on special teams early.. Moody seems like the top kicker .. they spent time with him at the Shrine Bowl and he can kick FG's from over 50 which they need 

184 - Gervarrius Owens, FS

- The actual McCourty replacement .. this may be a bit late for him but he's one of the few deep safeties in this draft. They also like that Houston program so I could see them liking him a lot. I think he may have been at the Shrine Bowl too 

- He all but guarantees Myles Bryant doesn't come back

187 - Aubrey Miller Jr. , LB

- Wasn't invited to the combine, but blew up the Senior Bowl. He's smaller than their usual ILB but he's an athlete and I think he will be a steal for a team on day 3

192 - Ricky Stromberg, IOL 

- This is a good center class, he could start day 1, I think David Andrews has 1 year left then he retires.. so having the next guy ready to go is a big plus this late

- We don't know if Russey is the guy, but either way they could use IOL depth

210 - Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR

- He's a big contested catch guy who the Shrine Bowl says can run a 4.3

- If he is amazing at the combine he probably goes higher, but he didn't have a lot of production so I'm hoping here that he sticks around as a project. They need someone to learn the system this year with Parker/Bourne on 1yr deals

258 - Dante Stills, DL

- Did great at the Shrine Bowl, a little undersized but could replace Ekuale day 1

I’d give this draft a solid B+😎

Skoronski and Mauch, who I’m not too big on, are good picks for where they were selected. Especially picking up more picks on a trade back for Mauch.

Kraft is a solid player to land in the 3rd round with the Foxborough futures of Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith in question.

Stromgberg is a nice selection. He’s probably in the top 3 convo for me at least, with centers for this draft. If he is still on the board, I’d be ecstatic. Russey is too much of an unknown right now for us to assume what he is as a player. James Ferentz? No. Thank. You.

Marvin Mims and Aubrey Miller are two very intriguing players. I hope they are on every list of our scouts.

Of course, like you said… the next few weeks are really going to shake up draft rankings for all of us. Exciting times 😎

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Skoronski and Mauch, who I’m not too big on, are good picks for where they were selected. Especially picking up more picks on a trade back for Mauch.

Skoronski is the ultimate Patriots pick for the simple fact that nobody is going to be excited when he is drafted.. but he will end up being top 10 at the position for a decade. Not elite at anything.. but solid all around that he's going to keep his job. 

Mauch is very similar.. but with a mean streak. Feels Logan Mankins like.. he's not elite at anything and could add some size, but if they aren't resigning Onwenu he is great value there. 

Kraft is a solid player to land in the 3rd round with the Foxborough futures of Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith in question.

I saw my first mock with him going in the 1st minutes after writing that. He's probably off my board if he is a consensus top 50 pick. I don't think they consider TE before the 3rd. Then I'm all in on the Payne Durham hype chain on day 3.

Stromgberg is a nice selection. He’s probably in the top 3 convo for me at least, with centers for this draft. If he is still on the board, I’d be ecstatic. Russey is too much of an unknown right now for us to assume what he is as a player. James Ferentz? No. Thank. You.

Yup, that was my thinking. Get rid of Ferentz and have Stromberg / Hines as the top IOL backups

Marvin Mims and Aubrey Miller are two very intriguing players. I hope they are on every list of our scouts.

Miller is going to be fun at the next level.. He feels similar to Malcolm Rodriguez last year... a guy who goes in the 6th then plays 50%+ of snaps as a rookie

Marvin Mims has bust potential.. but he could also be elite imo. OBJ highlights left and right.. didn't see a lot of drops.. looked tough as a player.. idk his route running prowess or how well he will test but he's legit. 

• Like 1

I did this one the other day, never got around to posting… Did not go according to plan 😂 but I still do not hate it. Scares me as far as our offensive line goes, though. I guess we sign Mike McGlinchey in this case 🤣

••••• I did a few trades. Did not “get what I could” because this site is broken as heck when it comes to trade value and I did not want to reward myself for PFF’s formula. I think it’s about as logical as putting pizza rolls in the microwave. Yeah, you got what you wanted… but do you really feel satisfied taking the easy way out ? So, in a sense… these trades are straight out of the oven. As fair as I could make them, whilst also only trading with teams that I believe would/could make the pairing come true.

As far as where players were selected, I kept myself in check. Did not grab guys that were available, but realistically will not be IRL.

I suppose it is a guessing game to where these guys will really go, in contrast to where us fans and draft pundits predict. (i.e: Dylan Moses LB Alabama, Lae’el Collins OL LSU) Anything could happen but I did not give into the temptation 😇 apart from Drew Sanders and Jake Moody maybe lol. Couldn’t resist. Enough rambling. Here’s another pre-combine mock…

Patriots trade pick 14 to Vikings for picks 23, 87 this year and a 2024 4th and 7th round pick

Patriots then trade pick #23 and #135 to Buccaneers for pick #19

19- Jordan Addison, WR, USC

I had Christian Gonzales, Cam Smith, and Paris Johnson on the board at 14. Could not decide. Traded down to 23 and watched them guys disappear quickly. Jumped in the action and moved up to 19 with the luxury of extra picks from the trade right before. Jaxon Smith-Njigba and Dawand Jones were top considerations, but I think Addison would be the most successful and enticing piece (between the WR’s) for Bill O’Brien, and I’m sure he could talk Bill Belichick into it easily if we lose/move on from 2 of the 3 guys between Meyers, Bourne, Agholor.

Next plan, I was going to trade into the early 2nd for Dawand Jones. He didn’t make it out of the first round. I sat tight with my picks…

46- Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse

Wouldn’t even have finished my draft if I missed out on “my guys” at OT and/or DB. Williams is underrated and very nice from what I’ve seen when he was in zone. He has the skill set to matchup consistently in man coverage too, I believe.

Almost rolled with Cody Mauch here, but I’m just not a big fan of the guy. Reminds me of a poor man’s Garrett Boles in a lot of ways. He’s got a big upside, but we don’t need upside right now.

This team needs as many guys that can jump on the OL that the team won’t have to worry about immediately. Perhaps why Connor McDermott was resigned with decent backup money given how small his role was for the Patriots.

Not long ago, we franchise tagged Joe Thuney around $14M and gave a tender to Jermaine Eluemunor~ worth basically what McDermott’s avg per year is now, in the same offseason. I think we could see something similar happen. Give Wynn a one or two year deal worth good money and see what we can build for depth in the meantime?

Same train of thought..

That idea, added in with the early growing pains of Cole Strange last season, may very well translate to the front office’s strategy this year with our line? meaning they’d rather have a guy back in Isaiah Wynn over another “uncertainty “?

Pot is legal in Michigan. I got carried away typing… sorry, Sue me🤪

anyways… back to business.

Patriots trade 76, 107, and 192 to Jaguars for pick 56

56- Mike Morris, DL, Michigan

Moved up simply because we don’t need all these picks and Morris brings a lot more than Ekuale, Carl Davis, and an aging Lawrence Guy. He would really benefit from enhancing his craft learning behind veteran Deatrich Wise, too. I think Jerrod Mayo will get some NICE additions to his defense immediately. Everyone has been mentioning Mayo’s “role”… what if the personnel matters to him just as much as anything else? He’d love Morris. Pains me to say as an MSU fan.. but Morris was unheralded on a stacked Michigan Wolverine’s defense and his injury dealings caused him to fly under the radar. He’s big, versatile and AGGRESSIVE.

87- Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas

Patriots trade picks #117, #187, and a 2024 5th round pick to Eagles for pick #94 and a 2024 7th round pick

I wrote a novel … jeez… I’ll just wrap this up the easy way😬

94- Gervon Dexter, DL, Florida

184- Ricky Stromberg, IOL, Arkansas

210- Wanya Morris, OL, Oklahoma 

258- Jake Moody, K, Michigan

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Patriots trade pick 14 to Vikings for picks 23, 87 this year and a 2024 4th and 7th round pick

Patriots then trade pick #23 and #135 to Buccaneers for pick #19

19- Jordan Addison, WR, USC

I don't think Johnson has a chance of being there .. but I would have taken Gonzales at 14 in that situation. I think he could be a pro bowler as soon as year 1 and totally change this defense. Especially because I think that trade back is a bit underwhelming, if you're going back 9 spaces I want more than a 3rd and future 4th.. the Patriots did that last season and got a 3rd&4th the same year. I think you'd need at least a 3rd next year to be worth it. Then taking Jones if you think he can play LT isn't bad. 

46- Garrett Williams, CB, Syracuse

Is he healthy yet? I remember people loved him early in the season but then he got injured. Wonder if he is going to be at the combine

Patriots trade 76, 107, and 192 to Jaguars for pick 56

56- Mike Morris, DL, Michigan

Moved up simply because we don’t need all these picks and Morris brings a lot more than Ekuale, Carl Davis, and an aging Lawrence Guy. He would really benefit from enhancing his craft learning behind veteran Deatrich Wise, too. I think Jerrod Mayo will get some NICE additions to his defense immediately. Everyone has been mentioning Mayo’s “role”… what if the personnel matters to him just as much as anything else? He’d love Morris. Pains me to say as an MSU fan.. but Morris was unheralded on a stacked Michigan Wolverine’s defense and his injury dealings caused him to fly under the radar. He’s big, versatile and AGGRESSIVE.

From what I have read, he's a solid guy that will start for someone for a decade but never be that impressive. I could see that being a BB guy lol .. and I could see him trading up for that even if I wouldn't. 

87- Drew Sanders, LB, Arkansas

Yes, 100% yes. He's a bad tackler but if he is there at this point.. he's a guy you have to take and develop. Even just for his pass rushing ability. 

Patriots trade picks #117, #187, and a 2024 5th round pick to Eagles for pick #94 and a 2024 7th round pick

94- Gervon Dexter, DL, Florida

100% yes, although I don't think they take 2 top 100 DL. Dexter if motivated is a pro bowler on this team

184- Ricky Stromberg, IOL, Arkansas

future starter, all about it 

210- Wanya Morris, OL, Oklahoma 

no idea who he is 

258- Jake Moody, K, Michigan

no chance he is there... more likely they draft him in the 4th like they did with ghost lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First post combine reactionary mock: Matt Groh loves athletes.. so I am trending my picks towards more athletic players who I think will be there and I like as fits for them. 

Patriots trade 14 to Bucs for 19, 82 (3rd), 155 (5th), and a Future 4th

19: Darnell Wright, OT: Usually I would take Harrison here .. but Wright tested as a better athlete than I expected ( only slightly worse than Jones/Harrison).. is bigger.. and in his recent interview said that he sees himself as a LT. If he can play both, that's further flexibility they will love and he had great tape against Will Anderson which will mean a lot to them. He starts day 1 at RT then can switch to LT next year when Trent Brown is gone. 

46: Julius Brents, CB: Huge, Elite tester at everything but the 40.. and I think 4.53 is fast enough for his size given his agility. I had trouble here going CB just because so many are looking like steals in this draft but I think Brents can come in day 1 and make an impact. My other option is Jack Campbell but I'm still holding out hope that they pay Tremaine Edmunds in free agency. 

76: Byron Young, OLB: Raw but elite athleticism. He feels like a prime candidate to be a Josh Uche replacement. I also wouldn't be surprised if Uche is traded this offseason for a 2nd if they can get it.. I don't see them paying him. They like to take guys like this and allow them to develop a year or two. 

82: Bryce Ford-Wheaton, WR: He fell in love with Tyquan last year, you really think he isn't going to fall in love with this guy?!? They need to add at WR given that Thornton is the only guy under contract after this season. Let him play special teams year 1 then transition into the offense next season when Parker is gone. If they liked him at the Shrine Bowl it makes sense to take him. 

107: Zack Kuntz, TE: I thought he was a sleeper before the combine and he is going to blow up now. I see him as a late 3rd/early 4th guy only because of how many great TE's are available. I think he could do well enough in training camp for one of the 2 TE's to get cut/traded. He needs to work on his blocking but as a TE he has elite athleticism... as well as experience playing in the slot / outside which they will love. Thornton, Ford-Wheaton and Kuntz is a lot of size and speed for teams with small corners to have to deal with. Mac's accuracy also helps so they can setup jump ball situations. 

117: Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB: Surprise! Keep tacking QB's till they hit. May seem early but BB is going to take who he likes. They played him all game at the Shrine Bowl pretty much and coached him hard all week.. If they like him they must really like him. He also performed very well at the combine and showed a lot of arm strength to go with his speed. I'm not sure he even makes it this far tbo, a team could take a flyer on him as high as the 2nd feeling like he's the next Jalen Hurts. If Hoyer is truly cut.. that feels like they have a guy they want in the draft imo.. and this is the only guy who makes sense. 

135: Dante Stills, DL: This was really had between Moro Ojomo and Stills.. but I think Ojomo goes a bit earlier so I play it save with Stills. I think he can play inside and out for them. Is an explosive athlete and would pair really well with Barmore. 

Patriots trade 184 and 192 for 141

141: Jake Moody, K: Patriots trade up for a kicker? Sounds about right.. right at the beginning of the 5th to guarantee they get their guy feels right.

155: Demario Douglas, WR: He is tank dell... 50+ picks later in the draft. Even better, he tested a bit better than him and is over 10 pounds heavier. They spent a week with him at the Shrine Bowl, I'm confident they like him even if he is only 5'8. With so much size added to the offense the perfect compliment is a smaller, shifty guy. 

187: Tyrus Wheat, OLB: Shrine Bowl guy, tested better than I expected for his size. Reports are they loved him in practice. Looks like a good edge setter to go with Young.

210: Terell Smith, CB: Shrine Bowl guy, tested worse than reported but still great. His agility numbers were a bit meh but this late in the draft he has a lot of size and potential still.

258: Anfernee Orji, LB: Shrine Bowl guy, reports they liked him and he practiced really well. 

For Free Agency: Jon Jones and Jabriel Peppers are resigned and Tremaine Edmunds is signed as a free agent as the major highlights. Certainly a bunch of gambles in there.. but even if a couple are hits you've got a great draft. Wright and Brentz at the top are high floor & high ceiling players which makes me feel comfortable taking more risks later in the draft. 

• Like 1

Darnell Wright is a complete A+ by himself. Absolutely love that pick. He can lock down the tackle spot for years. (at least longer than Isaiah Wynn)

I’m not familiar with Julius Brent. I’ll have to check his game out!! I do like a corner early. Tyrique Stevenson, Cam Smith, Jaylon Jones.

Byron Young feels like a Patriots type player. I wouldn’t love it, but he seems like a guy the coaching staff would think they can mold into a big time contributor in a few years, like you say.

Zach Kuntz is a hard pass for me. I don’t buy into his combine hype and not overly wow’ed by anything I’ve seen from him on film. Seems more and more likely a tight end will be taken at some point in the draft though as we get closer. I really think they’ll like Tucker Kraft.

DTR is a guy I’ve always liked to watch play at UCLA. I’ll also admit I wasn’t exactly sure he would make it in the NFL as a passer, but after he was clocked throwing 62(!) mph, I’m all in on him as a developmental prospect. If we did it with Zappe, I’d absolutely do it with Dorian Thompson-Robinson. I like this pick here! @Crimmage

Signing Jabrill Peppers is a must. A+ on your free agency negotiation 🤣 we need that guy back. More time in our system and he will be a menace. Played well as the season went on. If D-Mac is gone, this guy becomes an even bigger priority!

9 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Darnell Wright is a complete A+ by himself. Absolutely love that pick. He can lock down the tackle spot for years. (at least longer than Isaiah Wynn)

In hindsight, he is probably only a RT in the NFL.. but a pro bowl one so not a bad deal. If Anton Harrison is there I mayyyy lean to him instead.. but it's hard. 

I’m not familiar with Julius Brent. I’ll have to check his game out!! I do like a corner early. Tyrique Stevenson, Cam Smith, Jaylon Jones.

He is huge and great agility drills. His tape looks good too, reports are that he's a huge film guy and very dedicated. Only knock is 4.53 40 but everything else is elite. People are still saying he goes in the 3rd but I don't believe it. I think we could see as many as 10 CB taken by 50.. crazy, I know

Byron Young feels like a Patriots type player. I wouldn’t love it, but he seems like a guy the coaching staff would think they can mold into a big time contributor in a few years, like you say.

He is a ball of clay type, but the tools are there. He reminds me a lot of Uche. If he sits behind Uche maybe he can make an impact year 2 instead of 3 if he doesn't get injured. The guy they may like over him is YaYa Diaby because he is bigger. 

Zach Kuntz is a hard pass for me. I don’t buy into his combine hype and not overly wow’ed by anything I’ve seen from him on film. Seems more and more likely a tight end will be taken at some point in the draft though as we get closer. I really think they’ll like Tucker Kraft.

I also love Kraft, problem being that I think Kraft could go in the 2nd/3rd. Zuntz is a huge upside guy and played well in 2021. I'm assuming that the top 6 guys are off the board. 

DTR is a guy I’ve always liked to watch play at UCLA. I’ll also admit I wasn’t exactly sure he would make it in the NFL as a passer, but after he was clocked throwing 62(!) mph, I’m all in on him as a developmental prospect. If we did it with Zappe, I’d absolutely do it with Dorian Thompson-Robinson. I like this pick here! @Crimmage

So I'm making that pick 100% off the Shrine Bowl. I haven't watched anything from him at UCLA. BUT, at the Shrine Bowl it was noted by many that his mechanics were dramatically better since working with Palmer and he looked like he was making major improvements. If he can do that in a few months.. give him a year with an NFL team and he could see major progress. Even if he is traded in 2 years ( like I think happens to Zappe) that's a worthwhile pick. 

Signing Jabrill Peppers is a must. A+ on your free agency negotiation 🤣 we need that guy back. More time in our system and he will be a menace. Played well as the season went on. If D-Mac is gone, this guy becomes an even bigger priority!

Peppers is just a guy you want on your team. He's nuts, in a good way lol. As long as he doesn't get injured he's a big impact player. I'm not really sold on any of the safeties outside of the top 2 rounds unless Christopher Smith falls .. so i figure that's a free agency fix / move Jalen Mills. You could talk me into taking 2 CB in the top 4 rounds again too.