Texans hire former 49ers DC/former Texans Team Captain DeMeco Ryans to be its 6th Head Coach

ET80

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

According to Albert Breer the Texans are well positioned to land Bobby Slowik as OC and potentially Klint Kubiak as QB coach.  Still a chance Shanny could promote Slowik to OC.  Interesting to see how that plays out.

All potentially good hires in my eyes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

According to Albert Breer the Texans are well positioned to land Bobby Slowik as OC and potentially Klint Kubiak as QB coach.  Still a chance Shanny could promote Slowik to OC.  Interesting to see how that plays out.

Slowik and Ryans were both entry level defensive assistants together with the 49ers. So Ryans more than knows his football IQ, work ethic, and all that. 

so if he’s Ryans guy, then I’m on board, but if it doesn’t work out well, it could look like Ryans gave his boy a bone. Oh well. I’ll take the risk. 

10 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

figured after i saw tweets yesterday saying they plan to interview Chris Harris and the Jets secondary coach for the DC job. 

Marquand Manuel (NY Jets) was a prized DC by a few other teams IIRC (worked with Sauce)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

figured after i saw tweets yesterday saying they plan to interview Chris Harris and the Jets secondary coach for the DC job. 

Marquand Manual - he’s probably my top choice for DC. Chris Harris would be another sound choice.