What does Sean do now?

AKRNA

Hire somebody, TODAY!! Then move forward. It should be quite obvious by now we're not a desirable location from a coaching standpoint so hire what you can get and move along.

The league year starts in less than a month, might be a good idea to actually have a staff by then.

7 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

His defenses outside NE (where Belichick really ran them) were terrible and he’s despised by players. Sounds like a great choice! 

As much as I have doubts on any D assistant who coaches under BB whether they're any good - we know Patricia outright sucks.   

Man, the only 2 guys with any ceiling that have been interviewed so far are Desai & Richard (and I'm not that hopeful on Richard).     God, that's a brutal list. 

14 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

As much as I have doubts on any D assistant who coaches under BB whether they're any good - we know Patricia outright sucks.   

Man, the only 2 guys with any ceiling that have been interviewed so far are Desai & Richard (and I'm not that hopeful on Richard).     God, that's a brutal list. 

I disagree that those are the only two with a high ceiling. Rex is a legendary NFL coach, he probably offers the greatest range of outcomes but there’s definitely high upside. He’s the only one who has actually coached a #1 defense from this group.

10 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I disagree that those are the only two with a high ceiling. Rex is a legendary NFL coach, he probably offers the greatest range of outcomes but there’s definitely high upside. He’s the only one who has actually coached a #1 defense from this group.

I think he's also the perfect choice to potentially be a temp hire. He's a boom or bust guy (due to his gap in coaching) and he's not in danger of getting poached if he booms. At worst it gives us potential for this year and an easy out for next year's group of candidates. 

Reading up on who we've interviewed so far, I think my rank of preference would be:

Desai -> Rex Ryan -> Zimmer -> Christian Parker -> Kris Richard -> Vance Joseph

That said... Man that isn't a super inspiring group of candidates. Desai would be an easier transition as he was Fangio's right hand man for like 4 years (was blocked from coming here when Vic was HC). His year under Pete Carrol couldn't have been bad either. Then if he's successful and gets a HC offer, we have in house Christian Parker who would ideally be ready to move up at that time. 

3 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Reading up on who we've interviewed so far, I think my rank of preference would be:

Desai -> Rex Ryan -> Zimmer -> Christian Parker -> Kris Richard -> Vance Joseph

That said... Man that isn't a super inspiring group of candidates. Desai would be an easier transition as he was Fangio's right hand man for like 4 years (was blocked from coming here when Vic was HC). His year under Pete Carrol couldn't have been bad either. Then if he's successful and gets a HC offer, we have in house Christian Parker who would ideally be ready to move up at that time. 

That’s my hope as well.   Desai / Parker are the bright lights out of external / retained candidates for current / future positions.      

Edited by Broncofan