What does Sean do now?

AKRNA

4 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

And a Vikings/Bills SB would be historic as both teams are 0-4 in the big game. 

not in the multiverse i visit regularly...

one of my favorite Viking Super Bowl wins (we've had 8...) was in 2009. our QB, Drew Brees, just kept getting better since we pulled him away from San Diego when he became a free agent. the NFCCG where he led us past the Saints was a great game. the Saints being led by the recently unretired Brett Favre.....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Dre’Mont out here liking anti-Russ tweets. It might not be what he does first, but after all the “culture” stuff  Payton was selling, there’s your first major trade candidate.

I’d be fine with that. As long as we get something in return. He has said quite a few things that he’s not committed to Denver. I like Zach Allen as a replacement. Cheaper and similar age. Keondre Coburn in the draft is a guy I really like for the D-line. I’m excited to see how our defence looks. Desai intrigues me. 

3 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Dre’Mont out here liking anti-Russ tweets. It might not be what he does first, but after all the “culture” stuff  Payton was selling, there’s your first major trade candidate.

I've been souring on Dre'Mont the person for a while now. He says some really head-scratching things, and I frankly I think he thinks way too highly of his ability on the field.

Obviously any trade would have to be a franchise tag and trade, given Dre'Mont is a UDFA.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Seems pretty clear Desai is going to Paytons' main guy for DC now.   Desai turning down a MIN DC interview so he could focus on the DEN job interview as his top destination (b4 Evero decided, too) takes on an interesting twist - Flores in MIN vs. Desai in DEN is going to be an interesting career path comp to follow.

Just FYI, he had already interviewed with the Vikings. He interviewed last year for the DC role, and this year as well. He pulled his name out when he got whiff he was going to be the bridesmaid again, and never the bride. Vikings wishlist top 2 was Evero and Flores. 

I think Desai would be great for you guys FYI. Seamless transition since he'll run his version of the Fangio scheme and he's great with db play.

• Like 1

So Payton has interest in QBC Ronald Cury to be the OC, and also has interest in Roushar and Richard.   Roushar joining Strief would be a great combo IMO - as much as ppl worried about Schlereth coming on with zero experience, pretty clear for better or worse, Payton's going to follow his plan.   On the flip side, as long as Evero doesn't poach Christian Parker, give me Parker all day over Richard.    

Besides the lead piece on Curry (behind paywall), this is what the NO insiders said on Roushar/Richard:

Re: Curry, I like the idea for 3 reasons:

1.   It's still Payton in charge, so a young guy like Curry can learn under Payton's tutelage.

2.  He's not Joe Lombardi.  I was OK with Lombardi with Payton, but let's' be clear - he was brutal on his own.

3.  If Curry is as smart as ppl think, he could easily get OC with AC designation/play-calling duties in 2 years time - and that counts as a promotion.    Which under Rooney Rules, gets us those delicious end-of-3rd-comp picks even if he does leave.   

Most of all, I'm pretty supportive of not going with retread-uninspired choices at OC.   Payton will still run the show, but I'd much rather take a shot on Curry as a future asset, than stick with a guy who frankly, really underwhelmed now in 2 prime spots on his own (DET 2014 was brutal, and now LAC 2021-2 was mind-boggling in making Justin Herbert fit his dink-and-dunk scheme, than play to Herbert's strengths).

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I want a qb to challenge Russ gets paid all that money and his charity only donates 24% of its earnings smdh.

Curious what those numbers look like for other Celebrity owned charities. On the surface it doesn't look good, and i'm curious how it stacks up to others. And to clarify, I don't mean other charities like Make A Wish, etc. I mean Celebrity owned/run. 

43 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Curious what those numbers look like for other Celebrity owned charities. On the surface it doesn't look good, and i'm curious how it stacks up to others. And to clarify, I don't mean other charities like Make A Wish, etc. I mean Celebrity owned/run. 

In the main thread about this in News, many people answer this question and usually, to your point, it's quite a low percentage. This is nothing more than a smear campaign on Russ, granted he could do better if he wanted. 

• Like 3