What does Sean do now?

AKRNA

27 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I still dont understand why they let Evero go. Maybe he wanted to but man....talk about creating a hole in the coaching staff to fill when you didnt need to. 

Throwing the baby out with the bath water seems to be a Paton thing he established with Vics staff. Maybe it's our permanent MO  now.

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

Ejiro Evero did not want to coach for this team anymore after they fired his best friend. Were they supposed to hold him hostage and have guaranteed coaching staff drama? It is what it is. 

Agreed. I would have loved to keep him, but from the stories I’ve heard it’s becoming pretty clear he didn’t want to coach here anymore. He took it personally that we fired his best friend. Which I think is some cry baby BS. But it is what it is. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Ejiro Evero did not want to coach for this team anymore after they fired his best friend. Were they supposed to hold him hostage and have guaranteed coaching staff drama? It is what it is. 

No, but I would like to think that him being in one of the best situations for his career would outweigh not coaching with his bestie. DC'ing one of the most talented defenses in football a year ago with one of the most highly regarded HCs coming into town while being in a major football market seems a bit better of a path to a eventual HC job than leaving.

56 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

No, but I would like to think that him being in one of the best situations for his career would outweigh not coaching with his bestie. DC'ing one of the most talented defenses in football a year ago with one of the most highly regarded HCs coming into town while being in a major football market seems a bit better of a path to a eventual HC job than leaving.

He ended up landing in what I think could be a good spot in Carolina but yes, it had to be some pretty hurt feelings to not stay in Denver with all the advantages of continuity and proven success with the roster. 

It was personal and you usually won’t overcome that. He tied his Denver career to maybe the worst HC ever. Oh well, now we get a HOF coach. 

Hired Saints assistant Declan Doyle to be TE coach.   He worked as assistant coach for 4 years first position hire.  

Interesting that Dan Roushar chose Tulane as OL coach.  Never got a DEN interview and only interviewed with MIA.     

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, BroncoBruin said:

So the Dolphins interviewed Roushar and hired Butch Barry? 

McDaniel and Roushar worked together in SF.    

Other than that - qualification-wise it’s a terrible decision by a mile. Barry was never more than an assistant in SF.   Never in charge.   As opposed to Roushar’s body of work.  

Edited by Broncofan

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

McDaniel and Roushar worked together in SF.    

Other than that - qualification-wise it’s a terrible decision by a mile. Barry was never more than an assistant in SF.   Never in charge.   As opposed to Roushar’s body of work.  

This is like the coaching equivalent of picking Trubisky over Mahomes right now. I have to believe Roushar just wanted to get back to college.