Tom Brady Officially Retires

jimkelly02

39 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I thought W/L were a QB stat though? 
He was 3-2 in his last 5 games. 

ohhhh boy, cant wait to see you flip an argument here lmao

He lost to Baker Mayfield with 2 days of practice (largely due to the interception in the endzone) and to Kenny Pickett (largely due to that floater he threw to Renfrow) but if you'd like to defend his play down the stretch, more power to you. Obviously the dudes getting paid millions didn't approve and that's why Carr is getting sent packing.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He lost to Baker Mayfield with 2 days of practice (largely due to the interception in the endzone) and to Kenny Pickett (largely due to that floater he threw to Renfrow) but if you'd like to defend his play down the stretch, more power to you. Obviously the dudes getting paid millions didn't approve and that's why Carr is getting sent packing.

No I dont. 
He played his worst stretch of the season, yet Raiders had their best record of the season in a 5 game stretch. 

Which in my mind proves, W/L are not directly to tied to QB play. 
Our QB played his worst, yet we won the most . . . 

Also, to add, it was the Raiders lost to those teams, just like the Raiders beat NE/SEA/Chargers. It is a team game, that I often think you forget, which is the whole point of me showing, Raiders record was actually at its best, when our QB was his worst lol. 3-2 in the final 5 games, which you claim was when the staff saw Carr couldnt get it done, but was actually his best record of getting it done 🤣

Edited by BackinBlack

5 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

No I dont. 
He played his worst stretch of the season, yet Raiders had their best record of the season in a 5 game stretch. 

Which in my mind proves, W/L are not directly to tied to QB play. 
Our QB played his worst, yet we won the most . . . 

Also, to add, it was the Raiders lost to those teams, just like the Raiders beat NE/SEA/Chargers. It is a team game, that I often think you forget, which is the whole point of me showing, Raiders record was actually at its best, when our QB was his worst lol. 3-2 in the final 5 games, which you claim was when the staff saw Carr couldnt get it done, but was actually his best record of getting it done 🤣

Which proves even if the team balls out, DC poor play will always hold them back. It’s Jimmy GOAT time.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Which proves even if the team balls out, DC poor play will always hold them back. It’s Jimmy GOAT time.

So as you liked to point out as a flaw in Carr for losing to a QB with no practice, (which doesnt actually effect Carrs play, as he goes against the Rams D (not their QB)

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He lost to Baker Mayfield with 2 days of practise

youre going to give the D not only a pass but say they balled out (for actually benefiting playing against the guy who had no time to practice), for allowing this guy to go 98 yards in a min 30 lol.

You sir, are legit, incredibly inconsistent with everything other than your hate for DC. 
I enjoy pointing out how flawed your arguments are. So cheers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

So as you liked to point out as a flaw in Carr for losing to a QB with no practice, (which doesnt actually effect Carrs play, as he goes against the Rams D (not their QB)

youre going to give the D not only a pass but say they balled out (for actually benefiting playing against the guy who had no time to practice), for allowing this guy to go 98 yards in a min 30 lol.

You sir, are legit, incredibly inconsistent with everything other than your hate for DC. 
I enjoy pointing out how flawed your arguments are. So cheers. 

I’m not interested in discussing a player that’s no longer with us. Carr clearly held us back, dude had a GOAT offensive mind and elite all pro weapons and still was mediocre. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I agree. There is no real plan other than they didn’t want Carr which I understand but where they really banking on a 45 year old to come in and replace him?

Yeah… also, had we not benched Carr we’d be going into the offseason with options and leverage in trading him.  40m (32.9M this year and 7.5m next)  really isn’t that much for a team trading for him to take on.  You wouldn’t trade for him then cut him the first year.  7.5M is peanuts as far as future dead cap for starting QB.

That said, we could have let his guaranteed Money kick in and still traded him.  It’d also hide our intentions of drafting a QB which could give us better leverage in trades.

honestly, I think we botched the entire thing, and it should result in the firing of McD and Ziegler if they don’t turn this around fast!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

It's funny that this is an actual thread on the Raiders forum. That's how much he was expected to come in and transform the team. So fellas what's the plan now? 

Mark wanted Brady bad. He regretting Gruden riding with DC instead of Brady. He hired McDaniels to lure Brady here for the Super Bowl in Vegas. He wanted DC gone so bad, told him to go home. Who cares about the locker room morale lol. Now, another Mark Davis decision has gone south… lmfaooo .. you know Davis was pissed DC made the pro bowl. What if he gets hurt 🤣 Now the DC bridge is burned and we might be looking for a rebuild. Another one ☝🏽 

QB options in free agency:

Lamar Jackson - he’s going cost around 45-50m and can be a Super Bowl QB 

downgrades in free agency- Jimmy G, Geno Smith, Brissett, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield , Jimmy G

QB options via trade: 

A Rodgers - would cost a lot of draft picks , getting old. Big ego and would cost so much in cap space. 

Jameis - not really an upgrade 

draft options-

Bryce Young - going be a top 3 pick if not #1

CJ Stroud - might be a solution 

Will Levi’s- starting to grow on me, but will be 25 and far from a sure thing. 

Anthony Richardson- raw. But has so much potential. If we go rebuild mode, I’ll take the risk 

Edited by Humble_Beast

53 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Mark wanted Brady bad. He regretting Gruden riding with DC instead of Brady. He hired McDaniels to lure Brady here for the Super Bowl in Vegas. He wanted DC gone so bad, told him to go home. Who cares about the locker room morale lol. Now, another Mark Davis decision has gone south… lmfaooo .. you know Davis was pissed DC made the pro bowl. What if he gets hurt 🤣 Now the DC bridge is burned and we might be looking for a rebuild. Another one ☝🏽 

QB options in free agency:

Lamar Jackson - he’s going cost around 45-50m and can be a Super Bowl QB 

downgrades in free agency- Jimmy G, Geno Smith, Brissett, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield , Jimmy G

QB options via trade: 

A Rodgers - would cost a lot of draft picks , getting old. Big ego and would cost so much in cap space. 

Jameis - not really an upgrade 

draft options-

Bryce Young - going be a top 3 pick if not #1

CJ Stroud - might be a solution 

Will Levi’s- starting to grow on me, but will be 25 and far from a sure thing. 

Anthony Richardson- raw. But has so much potential. If we go rebuild mode, I’ll take the risk 

I hate drafting old college players more than anything.  We've drafted 23-24 year old players in the past (past 20 years) and they always suck.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I hate drafting old college players more than anything.  We've drafted 23-24 year old players in the past (past 20 years) and they always suck.

With the exception of a handful of players, regardless of age..... they have sucked which speaks to this franchises inability to build a roster. 

• Like 1

The minute we have fans calling for us to sign Jimmy G and saying he’s a better option then Carr was is when I’m officially removing myself from the discussion AND we are absolutely totally screwed and beyond hope.  

Who actually wants Jimmy G as QB?  Just trade away everyone who wouldn’t be expected to be here in ‘24 (Crosby, Kolton Miller), draft a QB, and start rebuilding.

13 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

The minute we have fans calling for us to sign Jimmy G and saying he’s a better option then Carr was is when I’m officially removing myself from the discussion AND we are absolutely totally screwed and beyond hope.  

Who actually wants Jimmy G as QB?  Just trade away everyone who wouldn’t be expected to be here in ‘24 (Crosby, Kolton Miller), draft a QB, and start rebuilding.

I think they are comparable. The main reason of ditching Carr for Jimmy is he will be cheaper than Carr. I agree if Jimmy is viewed as a long-term option then we are screwed. But I am not against signing him for a bridge QB until our high selection rookie is ready.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You are the only forum poster hyped about Jimmy. He is worse than Carr with all the same flaws. Worst QB under pressure in the NFL. Can’t throw bombs. Terrible pocket presence. Meh arm. Cocky dbag. Football IQ questionable. And he is completely made of paper. Jimmy is not a Top 20 NFL QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think they are comparable. The main reason of ditching Carr for Jimmy is he will be cheaper than Carr. I agree if Jimmy is viewed as a long-term option then we are screwed. But I am not against signing him for a bridge QB until our high selection rookie is ready.

If Jimmy is the QB one year for 32M or less, I am ok with it. But anything more than one year and I’ll be completely outraged. And we have to draft a rookie in the 1st. I’m not signing a bridge QB without a rookie waiting in the wings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not entirely sure we needed a third QB thread, everyone is confused enough as is haha. 

But I for one think Brady retiring is good, one more opening for a potential Carr landing spot imo. 

I agree. Thinner QB market and saves the Raiders (Mark Davis) from himself. Now maybe allows McZiegler some more time to build this right vs. this "win now" nonsense with a bad roster. 

• Like 1