Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So pissed with Georgia blowing this game against Bama.  We can't catch a break against them. 

As a GeauxTiger. I gotta say I was heavily impressed with Georgia. 1 Sr on the defense. Over half of them freshmen or sophs.

Im glad we played yall this year, and wont see you again for a decade lol. Next years team will be a monster.

Calls like that fake punt to give Alabama the ball at like the 50 yard line kinda made me question are sports rigged or should put a coach on the Hot Seat for that decision. Why do you do that? Punt the ball and make them come down the field and score! You had a tie game with the possibility of forcing OT or taking the lead getting the ball back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Calls like that fake punt to give Alabama the ball at like the 50 yard line kinda made me question are sports rigged or should put a coach on the Hot Seat for that decision. Why do you do that? Punt the ball and make them come down the field and score! You had a tie game with the possibility of forcing OT or taking the lead getting the ball back. 

Kirby Smart was not smart on that play lol.  Bama saw Fields come in, and didn't even pull their defense.  Why we didn't call timeout and do an actual punt, or have Fields see that and call an audible to a punt, is crazy to me.  

18 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Kirby Smart was not smart on that play lol.  Bama saw Fields come in, and didn't even pull their defense.  Why we didn't call timeout and do an actual punt, or have Fields see that and call an audible to a punt, is crazy to me.  

He would have to explain to me why had made that call to be retained seriously if all this is real. Like players can lose thier jobs, get benched, suspended, ect but a coach can make a decision like that with no penalty. You need to explain yourself Mr Smart.

53 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He hasnt been an HC for long. He will learn.

Kirby showed he has plenty of guts though doing so. I wish LSU had a coach that played to win, instead of playing not to lose.

35 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He would have to explain to me why had made that call to be retained seriously if all this is real. Like players can lose thier jobs, get benched, suspended, ect but a coach can make a decision like that with no penalty. You need to explain yourself Mr Smart.

No he doesn’t. He’s playing the top team in the country and his defense was tired. He was going for the win and sometimes it doesn’t work out. He’s light years beyond Richt and Smart will bring a title to GA. The Bulldogs haven’t been this good consistently in years and that all falls on Smarts leadership. He’s a hell of a coach and I’d kill to have a guy like him coaching the Hokies. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

No he doesn’t. He’s playing the top team in the country and his defense was tired. He was going for the win and sometimes it doesn’t work out. He’s light years beyond Richt and Smart will bring a title to GA. The Bulldogs haven’t been this good consistently in years and that all falls on Smarts leadership. He’s a hell of a coach and I’d kill to have a guy like him coaching the Hokies. 

Cool, you take him without any explanation. Me I want to know his thought process. As I explained there were other options from my and other perspectives that seemed like better decisions. Same with Pete Carroll and the decision not to give the ball to Marshawn at the SB. You better have a Hell of a reason for that dumb decision. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I dont have a problem going for it, but either Smart or Fields should've seen that Alabama didn't pull their defense and expected a fake and called a timeout, or in Fields' case, audibled to the actual punt.  

He does have this program playing better than Richt did.  They are suiting up and playing the big games and being competitive.  They have an edge, a killer instinct, that the team never had under Richt, and I think it goes down to how he treats the players from what I know.......and I know quite a bit about the program. 

9 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Cool, you take him without any explanation. Me I want to know his thought process. As I explained there were other options from my and other perspectives that seemed like better decisions. Same with Pete Carroll and the decision not to give the ball to Marshawn at the SB. You better have a Hell of a reason for that dumb decision. 

I just gave you the reason. His defense was tired. Alabama was moving the ball. He felt he had a better chance at going for it then he did at putting his defense back on the field. Coaches do this all the time. 

You’re right! Analytics show that rushing in regular season is so much more important than in playoffs games. Teams that rush the ball at a very high level win regular season games. In playoffs- passing is significantly more important. 

My point is I just want to win a regular season game against Philly. I think our best chance is winning ugly with rushing, defense and special teams. But I’m a realist- I’m happy now with the current regime just not sucking and have no illusions we will ever win a playoff game with Jay as HC. He’s never won one yet 

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

You’re right! Analytics show that rushing in regular season is so much more important than in playoffs games. Teams that rush the ball at a very high level win regular season games. In playoffs- passing is significantly more important. 

My point is I just want to win a regular season game against Philly. I think our best chance is winning ugly with rushing, defense and special teams. But I’m a realist- I’m happy now with the current regime just not sucking and have no illusions we will ever win a playoff game with Jay as HC. He’s never won one yet 

I agree 100%.  After the Zorn and Shanahan failures, mediocrity is a welcome addition, even though this team could be so much more.