Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Pierre Garcon headed to injured reserve with a knee injury. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/10/pierre-garcon-headed-to-injured-reserve/ via @ProFootballTalk

Pierre May have played his last game in a San Fran considering the size of his contract and that he has missed - I believe - 12 of a possible 32 games since signing there.

Garcon, 32, might have played his final gamewith the team. He is under contract for 2019 but scheduled to earn $6 million in salary and bonuses after making only 24 catches for 286 yards and one touchdown in eight games this season.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

He's been same old Kirk all season for them. He's not the guy..

DUH ! Wasn't that apparent when he was here. Great decision to let him walk even though looks like we blew the move to replace him-Thanks Bruce !

Same ol Kirk, .500 Q B , Choker is Prime Time  1-4 this year. Awful loser Q B . Enjoy what you paid for Vikings .  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nfl/the-vikings-signing-of-kirk-cousins-seemed-like-such-a-good-idea-at-the-time/2018/12/11/aaeba224-ed2d-4cb5-9b86-e1f28349a4c7_story.html

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Houston leaves JMU for ECU

Klieman leaves NDSU for Kansas State

Both head coaches in the FCS Championship game this past January have moved to FBS.

Houston is probably thinking damn I could of bailed on a 2nd school for a better jump if I just held out a little longer.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Houston is probably thinking damn I could of bailed on a 2nd school for a better jump if I just held out a little longer.

Yeah. But KState wasnt coming for him. He didnt have as good a resume as Klieman and the same AD who hired Klieman at NDSU hired him at KState.

What baffles me is the arrogance of the KST fans. Calling him a glorified high school coach. He's got 6 D1 championships (3 as OC and 3 as HC) in the last 7 years. And is 2 wins from his 7th in 8 years. Additionally, when NDSU came to KST that "high school team" beat them. The guy is a good coach

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

ECU is a much better stepping stone. They can get talent from the Hampton Roads and NC. Play cupcakes a couple years. And move up to like VT after they fire their coach. :P

At KSU. The pay might be a little better from the start. But its a super hard road to get recruits and build a winner. Its seems a lot harder place to move up from to me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah. But KState wasnt coming for him. He didnt have as good a resume as Klieman and the same AD who hired Klieman at NDSU hired him at KState.

What baffles me is the arrogance of the KST fans. Calling him a glorified high school coach. He's got 6 D1 championships (3 as OC and 3 as HC) in the last 7 years. And is 2 wins from his 7th in 8 years. Additionally, when NDSU came to KST that "high school team" beat them. The guy is a good coach

What has KState done of late to be called anything more than a glorified high school team?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Vikings fire their OC after performing poorly... Some teams just understand when to move on...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000998746/article/vikings-fire-offensive-coordinator-john-defilippo

I can’t wait till someone competent can come in and hold people to a higher standard.

We’ll probably hire him to be our head coach.

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

He was a highly sought after coach a little while ago. I’m curious how he flamed out so bad... Maybe it was poor QB play down the stretch...

He flamed out w/the Vikings bc the Vikings won last year when they had a more ball controlled offense. They brought in DePhillipo and Cousins and became too pass happy even though they have two good RBs. There’s no commitment to the running game, and that’s why Zimmer wants nothing to do with him anymore.