Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 8/14/2022 at 2:58 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

Bills begin roster cuts by releasing four

Posted by Myles Simmons on August 14, 2022, 2:29 PM EDT

With rosters needing to go down from 90 to 85 players by Tuesday’s deadline, the Bills have started their roster cuts.

Buffalo announced on Sunday that the team has released offensive lineman Jordan Simmons, offensive lineman Derek Kerstetter, cornerback Olajiah Griffin, and tight end Jalen Wydermayer.

I guess so much for one of the top TE’s coming out of college. 

Pats signed him. 

On 8/19/2022 at 7:43 AM, turtle28 said:

Ah well, we really don’t need him. I was pleasantly surprised with both Amari & Hoges. Either one could play for us as a #2 or 3 TE.

For a team that hasn't made the playoffs or a Superbowl since Gibbs you sure like a lot of stuff that happens even without his type of leadership or decision making. 

On 8/20/2022 at 4:34 PM, DCNative said:

For a team that hasn't made the playoffs or a Superbowl since Gibbs you sure like a lot of stuff that happens even without his type of leadership or decision making. 

I don’t like a lot of stuff that happens. I may accept things more than most people who don’t accept anything but, I don’t like it. For me, at some point you just have to accept things or else you’re going to go nuts but some people just can’t accept things, pivot & move on. I’m not that kind of guy. I’ll accept it & hope for the best even if it’s not what I would’ve done.

Going to Fed Ex tomorrow to do a Fantasy League draft. My buddy set it up. 

It's a weird league scoring system with 16 teams (too many IMHO) but I agreed to do it this year to help them get an even number.

Small stakes (only $100 buy in) so should be fun. 

The team is setting us up with food and drink and some players (alumni) might drop by. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Watching Va Tech and it’s amazing just how far we’ve fallen as a program. Fuente totally destroyed everything Beamer built. We look like Temple. 

Watching WVU AT Pitt last night & how creamy that crowd was for the game at Heinz field & how great a game it was makes me long for the days of Big East. I still hate the reorganization of the conferences that happened a decade ago.

• Like 1