Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

20 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I haven't been insufferable yet, have I? 

Just a little giddy, because we were only originally picked to win 3 games all season. From here on out we're "playing with House money".

Okay just hear me out on this just once.

A quote from the Washington Post article today on how college football has gotten to be a lot of fun!
“These are the charms that make college football exceptional. If we’re lucky, in one September, Eastern Kentucky can beat Bowling Green, which beat Marshall which beat Notre Dame which beat North Carolina which beat Appalachian State which beat Texas A&M which beat Miami (Fla.) which can’t beat Middle Tennessee State, which can’t beat James Madison.”

37 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I haven't been insufferable yet, have I? 

Just a little giddy, because we were only originally picked to win 3 games all season. From here on out we're "playing with House money".

And many of the ODU fans so far have been their usual "feminine hygiene device" selves in chirping at JMU all offseason about how they are the better program, have a better team, are 2-0 against us (both Heinecke games where he played out of his mind). Been really weird watching them go absolutely ape-guano at the mere fact that we're now in the same division with them. Kinda disturbing actually.

When do you play ODU this year? And did I read it correctly that the Dukes are technically not eligible for post season play should JMU qualify?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Okay just hear me out on this just once.

At least UVA didn't choke to ODU. We'll just die to everyone else. Yes, most likely including VT.

I feel bad for Armstrong. He came back for his senior season because of his shoulder, but his entire offensive line left and he's got no time in the pocket to show what he can do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woz said:

When do you play ODU this year? And did I read it correctly that the Dukes are technically not eligible for post season play should JMU qualify?

Last game of the season (Nov. 12 @ ODU).

Yes. However...

I think I read something that stated if there are not enough bowl eligible teams, that JMU might be able to petition to be allowed a waiver to play. Ga Southern went undefeated in conference play their first season in the FBS and submitted a waiver and was told that there were an "unusually large # of FBS teams that were bow eligible" that year and the request was denied. 

This is all cart before the horse stuff though because it is only Week 4 and I'm still biting my fingernails each week trying to figure out what kind of team we're going to be at the FBS level. I'll feel a little more relaxed (or not) come Nov 13th when we've played our first season and I can evaluate the team properly. 

So while I'm hopeful we continue to do well, I have no delusions that this is the CAA and we can just waltz in an win every week in conference play. 

12 hours ago, Woz said:

At least UVA didn't choke to ODU. We'll just die to everyone else. Yes, most likely including VT.

I feel bad for Armstrong. He came back for his senior season because of his shoulder, but his entire offensive line left and he's got no time in the pocket to show what he can do.

He's also not even that good... the draft hype baffles me. 

(Yes, I know, I should keep my mouth shut, blah blah blah. But I've held that opinion for awhile now.)

I know it's early. But since JMU is playing with house money this year, I'm enjoying the ride so far.

#1 defense in yards per game

#9 defense in points allowed per game

#8 offense in points per game

And just weird seeing us get Top 25 votes. 

#30 per the AP poll (39 votes)

https://collegepolltracker.com/football/?fbclid=IwAR0o25v6mLWrxAX1qVNBY5WQfYc2YtvtgVQNJgfrRAtISdk0orFduzkCHgw

On 10/2/2022 at 11:56 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Georgia might be in trouble.  We dont have the defense from last year to overcome Stetson Bennett being so meh.  

And speaking of meh QBs, don’t look now over in England.  Cousins vs Dalton

I’d give anything to have a QB throwing for around 300 yds a game & usually 2 TDs a game right now. Far better then what we’ve dealt with since 2018.

On 10/2/2022 at 12:32 PM, lavar703 said:

Chris Olave is so good. Sigh

So is Dotson & we got BRob, Howell & Cole Turner out of trading down. 

I’ll take 4 TDs in 4 games over just 1 in 4 games & this is coming from an absolutely huge Olave fan.

Also, If our OL & Wentz had been better the last 3 weeks our receiving weapons would have far better production than they have.

Edited by turtle28

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So is Dotson & we got BRob, Howell & Cole Turner out of trading down. 

I’ll take 4 TDs in 4 games over just 1 in 4 games & this is coming from an absolutely huge Olave fan.

Also, If our OL & Wentz had been better the last 3 weeks our receiving weapons would have far better production than they have.

I’m happy with Dotson. I think he’s going to be a good player but I think Olave is going to be elite.