Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

I don't know never ever. Janikowski, Jason Hansen, Lohmiller, Rohn Stark, Chris Bahr, Ray Guy, Chester Marcol, How about rarely unless they are very very special. 

Agauyo was the best prospect since Janikowski too.  It will be interesting to see how his time goes in Chicago.  

We went through an era since Scott Blanton where we rotated kickers like there was no tomorrow, and at some point, a quarter of the active NFL kickers in the past couple years had played for us.  With that much futility behind filling a spot, I would be OK investing a bit of a higher pick or resources into filling the position.  It's also a weight off the back of the coach and GM if they have the kicker and punter spots locked up for years and never have to worry about it.  Hopkins had some yips last year, but I think he can recover this year, and Way is a pretty solid punter, so I hope these spots are filled for some time.  

watched Hard Knocks yesterday. a Few things- HBO is getting really skilled at this. Its very entertaining. Winston is just such a likable guy. His personality is contagious. Roberto got cut in the show last night. Wow that's such a painful thing to watch a kid get fired. He probably knew he would go somewhere else, but when these guys get cut they handle themselves with such professionalism and maturity. Admire them.

Baker- so glad we got rid of him. He continually tries to get into the screenshots its funny. And hes out there berating the kicker before he kicks- I guess I can see he may have been trying to toughen him up, but hes on your team- I believe you build a guy up especially when they are struggling to make them feel invincible rather than standing two feet from them telling them they are going to miss. Poor teammate. 

McCoy- That guy is really weird, He wants to get kit in the face by a super hero. Id do it and have Monica's knock the crap out of him in her latex Dom outfit if hes into it but it will cost him a grand. 

Never really knew much about Mike Smith- but watching him as Defense coach is entertaining. 

On 8/16/2017 at 1:03 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

Agauyo was the best prospect since Janikowski too.  It will be interesting to see how his time goes in Chicago.  

We went through an era since Scott Blanton where we rotated kickers like there was no tomorrow, and at some point, a quarter of the active NFL kickers in the past couple years had played for us.  With that much futility behind filling a spot, I would be OK investing a bit of a higher pick or resources into filling the position.  It's also a weight off the back of the coach and GM if they have the kicker and punter spots locked up for years and never have to worry about it.  Hopkins had some yips last year, but I think he can recover this year, and Way is a pretty solid punter, so I hope these spots are filled for some time.  

I still can't believe Hopkins had that bad patch and that he missed that kick in London vs Cincinnati. Hopkins missed 8 kicks last year. He only missed 3 in 2015, if he had only missed 4 or 5 last season - one of those he made being vs Cincinnati - I bet we win a few more games and make the playoffs in 2016. If course the downside of that is that we may not have had the chance to draft Johnathan Allen in the 2017 draft if we had made the playoffs last year. So, I guess we can think if it that way also.

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I still can't believe Hopkins had that bad patch and that he missed that kick in London vs Cincinnati. Hopkins missed 8 kicks last year. He only missed 3 in 2015, if he had only missed 4 or 5 last season - one of those he made being vs Cincinnati - I bet we win a few more games and make the playoffs in 2016. If course the downside of that is that we may not have had the chance to draft Johnathan Allen in the 2017 draft if we had made the playoffs last year. So, I guess we can think if it that way also.

I think he will rebound.  At the very least, I'm happy we got a guy who can put kicks out of the end zone, and has a chance from beyond 50.  Heck, I'm just happy to have some consistency at both kicker and punter right now. 

9 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Still think this thread should be called This Ain't Redskins Talk. TART just sounds good.

Lol ? Oh well, it's been called this now for 3 or 4 years. I don't think that it's changing. This is like our 7th or 8th edition of it.

Nationals placed RHP Ryan Madson on the 10-day disabled list with a sprained right finger.

Shawn Kelley was activated in the corresponding move. The move was made retroactive to Monday and the Nats are hoping to have Madson back when first-eligible next week. The right-hander sports a perfect 0.00 ERA over nine relief outings since coming over in a trade with the Athletics last month. Aug 17 - 7:43 PM

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe you can come over to the right side and become a Redskins fan and we'll let you make the thread! Lol xD;)

You ruined a perfectly good opportunity to name the thread TURT: things unrelated to redskins talk. 

On 8/19/2017 at 6:32 AM, turtle28 said:
Nationals placed RHP Ryan Madson on the 10-day disabled list with a sprained right finger.

Shawn Kelley was activated in the corresponding move. The move was made retroactive to Monday and the Nats are hoping to have Madson back when first-eligible next week. The right-hander sports a perfect 0.00 ERA over nine relief outings since coming over in a trade with the Athletics last month. Aug 17 - 7:43 PM

I'm an Orioles fan and far from a Nats fan or supporter, but you guys have to hope its nothing more serious.  While I thought Rizzo needed to go out and get a legit closer, I actually really like what he did by getting the three relievers he did.  He improved the depth and lengthened out the pen, while getting three guys who have experience closing and in high leverage, who can be played to the matchups.