Jump to content
turtle28

Things other than Redskins

54 posts in this topic

turtle28    13

We always need a things other than Redskins Thread so we can talk about other D.C. sports, college sports and other things just not political.

Here's one for the Wizards:

Jared Sullinger is coming back from back & foot injuries. He's playing in the Super16 tourn on ESPN & Balling! TheWizards need to work him out in hopes he can be a back up PF/C, he's been nailing 3's and scoring at will. He looks great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
turtle28    13
3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Isn't Corey Coleman a natural slot WR?  Or is he just a short deep threat like DJax?

I think Coleman can do both. I don't know if he's quite like Djax, I think a better Comp for him is Santana Moss. Sadly, Coleman is battling a hamstring injury again and it's the same one that he's been battling since college so it's probably a good thing he didn't fall to us and we took him over Doctson... as long as Doctson is healthy this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
turtle28    13

Yardbarker: Three-team trade could involve Irving, Wiggins, Love, Carmelo http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/three_team_trade_involves_wiggins_irving_love_melo/s1_12740_24427288 via @yardbarker

 

Interesting trade idea here, if I'm Wiggins I wouldn't want to go back to CLE & play with Lebron James because he never wanted to play with Wiggins in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woz    37
2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yardbarker: Three-team trade could involve Irving, Wiggins, Love, Carmelo http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/three_team_trade_involves_wiggins_irving_love_melo/s1_12740_24427288 via @yardbarker

 

Interesting trade idea here, if I'm Wiggins I wouldn't want to go back to CLE & play with Lebron James because he never wanted to play with Wiggins in the first place.

Two things:

1. Yardbarker sucks. They just repost content of other sites. Do me a favor and if you are going to link to a story that you click through (just click on the title of the article):
http://thesportsdaily.com/jason-whitney/three-team-trade-entails-crazy-scenerio-involving-wiggins-irving-love-melo/

Give the original content providers the traffic, not the aggregator.


2. I don't see how a team could effectively function with LeBron and Melo at the same time. Anthony is used to being the top dog, but he would become the second banana on a team with LeBron on it. I don't see how his ego could deal with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
turtle28    13
7 hours ago, Woz said:

Two things:

1. Yardbarker sucks. They just repost content of other sites. Do me a favor and if you are going to link to a story that you click through (just click on the title of the article):
http://thesportsdaily.com/jason-whitney/three-team-trade-entails-crazy-scenerio-involving-wiggins-irving-love-melo/

Give the original content providers the traffic, not the aggregator.


2. I don't see how a team could effectively function with LeBron and Melo at the same time. Anthony is used to being the top dog, but he would become the second banana on a team with LeBron on it. I don't see how his ego could deal with that.

Ok to clicking on the hyper links and posting the original stories. The two have wanted to play for a while, you could be right that it won't work but at this point I think Melo wants a ring. He's tired of just barely making the playoffs and losing or not making them at all. If he can play with Lebron, I think he'd gladly play second fiddle. I think that once a player gets into their 30s, their perspective changes and priorities change. It did for many veterans in the past and currently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
turtle28    13

Beal is 10th among active NBA players in playoffs PPG and Wall is 15th! 👍😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woz    37
On 7/29/2017 at 6:45 PM, turtle28 said:

Ok to clicking on the hyper links and posting the original stories. The two have wanted to play for a while, you could be right that it won't work but at this point I think Melo wants a ring. He's tired of just barely making the playoffs and losing or not making them at all. If he can play with Lebron, I think he'd gladly play second fiddle. I think that once a player gets into their 30s, their perspective changes and priorities change. It did for many veterans in the past and currently. 

I don't. Yes, players' desires change as they get closer to retirement, but Carmelo chose to get one last big contract in New York knowing full well there was next to no chance they would either make the playoffs or if they did go very far with their current roster design. He took the cash.

Now I don't doubt he wants a championship. I just don't think he can swallow his pride and ego enough to make it happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mike23md    9

Is Brandon Kintzler really going to do something for the Nats bullpen. This offense is silly good, so I wonder if the bullpen is actually improved with the addition of Kintzler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×