Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

We always need a things other than Redskins Thread so we can talk about other D.C. sports, college sports and other things just not political.

Here's one for the Wizards:

Jared Sullinger is coming back from back & foot injuries. He's playing in the Super16 tourn on ESPN & Balling! TheWizards need to work him out in hopes he can be a back up PF/C, he's been nailing 3's and scoring at will. He looks great.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Isn't Corey Coleman a natural slot WR?  Or is he just a short deep threat like DJax?

I think Coleman can do both. I don't know if he's quite like Djax, I think a better Comp for him is Santana Moss. Sadly, Coleman is battling a hamstring injury again and it's the same one that he's been battling since college so it's probably a good thing he didn't fall to us and we took him over Doctson... as long as Doctson is healthy this year.

Yardbarker: Three-team trade could involve Irving, Wiggins, Love, Carmelo http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/three_team_trade_involves_wiggins_irving_love_melo/s1_12740_24427288 via @yardbarker

Interesting trade idea here, if I'm Wiggins I wouldn't want to go back to CLE & play with Lebron James because he never wanted to play with Wiggins in the first place.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yardbarker: Three-team trade could involve Irving, Wiggins, Love, Carmelo http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/three_team_trade_involves_wiggins_irving_love_melo/s1_12740_24427288 via @yardbarker

Interesting trade idea here, if I'm Wiggins I wouldn't want to go back to CLE & play with Lebron James because he never wanted to play with Wiggins in the first place.

Two things:

1. Yardbarker sucks. They just repost content of other sites. Do me a favor and if you are going to link to a story that you click through (just click on the title of the article):
http://thesportsdaily.com/jason-whitney/three-team-trade-entails-crazy-scenerio-involving-wiggins-irving-love-melo/

Give the original content providers the traffic, not the aggregator.

2. I don't see how a team could effectively function with LeBron and Melo at the same time. Anthony is used to being the top dog, but he would become the second banana on a team with LeBron on it. I don't see how his ego could deal with that.

7 hours ago, Woz said:

Two things:

1. Yardbarker sucks. They just repost content of other sites. Do me a favor and if you are going to link to a story that you click through (just click on the title of the article):
http://thesportsdaily.com/jason-whitney/three-team-trade-entails-crazy-scenerio-involving-wiggins-irving-love-melo/

Give the original content providers the traffic, not the aggregator.

2. I don't see how a team could effectively function with LeBron and Melo at the same time. Anthony is used to being the top dog, but he would become the second banana on a team with LeBron on it. I don't see how his ego could deal with that.

Ok to clicking on the hyper links and posting the original stories. The two have wanted to play for a while, you could be right that it won't work but at this point I think Melo wants a ring. He's tired of just barely making the playoffs and losing or not making them at all. If he can play with Lebron, I think he'd gladly play second fiddle. I think that once a player gets into their 30s, their perspective changes and priorities change. It did for many veterans in the past and currently. 

On 7/29/2017 at 6:45 PM, turtle28 said:

Ok to clicking on the hyper links and posting the original stories. The two have wanted to play for a while, you could be right that it won't work but at this point I think Melo wants a ring. He's tired of just barely making the playoffs and losing or not making them at all. If he can play with Lebron, I think he'd gladly play second fiddle. I think that once a player gets into their 30s, their perspective changes and priorities change. It did for many veterans in the past and currently. 

I don't. Yes, players' desires change as they get closer to retirement, but Carmelo chose to get one last big contract in New York knowing full well there was next to no chance they would either make the playoffs or if they did go very far with their current roster design. He took the cash.

Now I don't doubt he wants a championship. I just don't think he can swallow his pride and ego enough to make it happen.