Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

I’m happy for the Browns even thought I don’t like them. Imo they have the best fans in the league, that stadium was packed last night even though the team hadn’t won in 635 days before last night. 

Most teams fans would stop showing up, but they’re always there to support the Browns.

Oh, and so far I’m going to have to eat some crow on Mayfield, he looked good last night vs a good defense. Im no Mayfield fan and I’ve mads that clear for years but he looked good last night. The offense was night and day when he replaced Tyrod. It’s probably safe to say that after this most recent attempt to be a teams long term starter in the league that Tyrod will probably become a Colt McCoy type where he’s going to be a career back up the next 5-10 years.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s probably safe to say that after this most recent attempt to be a teams long term starter in the league that Tyrod will probably become a Colt McCoy type where he’s going to be a career back up the next 5-10 years.

1. He wasn't brought in to be the team's long term starter. He is on the final year of his contract. He was a bridge QB ... I just don't think he expected the bridge to happen so fast.
  2. He can only become a Colt McCoy backup if he's willing and able to be humble enough to be Colt McCoy (or Josh McCown). That can be a hard place to be for some guys and their pride. At the same time, it can also be a somewhat lucrative (and considerably safer) position to be in.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Woz said:
  1. He wasn't brought in to be the team's long term starter. He is on the final year of his contract. He was a bridge QB ... I just don't think he expected the bridge to happen so fast.
  2. He can only become a Colt McCoy backup if he's willing and able to be humble enough to be Colt McCoy (or Josh McCown). That can be a hard place to be for some guys and their pride. At the same time, it can also be a somewhat lucrative (and considerably safer) position to be in.

Well, if RG3 can do it, I’d say anyone can!