Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 9/24/2018 at 3:13 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Theres nothing to debate. Just pointing out that hes the exact same player there as he was here. But his team there did him no favors. Ive seen his last 2 games. With the lines falling apart pretty quick, and I know over 2 weeks theres been a dozen catchable drops. Basically nothing has changed for him. 1 or 2 good pieces surrounding doesnt make a team. Hes a guy needing top notch pieces surrounding. Same as he would with the Skins.

1 or 2 pieces?

Good to great running backs, a great TE & two great WRs. Also, the Vikings have arguably the best defense in the NFL. Cousins went there for good reason, to win. He took less money to go to Minnesota than he got offered by the Jets because he wanted to win. 

I’ve liked Cousins since he’s proven he should be our starter - the Tampa game in 2015 - but his fumbling has been a major issue since he’s become a starter in the NFL. He has 16 fumbles since 2015. The fumbles are a much bigger issue than the interceptions, which is usually in the low teens and he usually throws them 10 to 20 yards downfield and not behind the line of scrimmage like a fumble.

Also, Cousins is a gunslinger? Since when? He threw the ball to CT, Crowder, Reed, VD and underneat to Garçon just as much as Alex Smith throws shorter passes to those guys and for the first two weeks - Paul Richardson.

I just don’t get why people are complaining so much that Alex doesn’t throw enough to the WRs when, Cousins did mostly the same thing last year after Djax and Garçon were gone.

To me the obvious reason for Kirk throwing more shorter passes last year and for Alex throwing mostly shorter passes this year has to do with playcalling and personnel more than either Kirk or Alex’s ability or willingness to throw deep.

When Kirk had DJax from 2014-2016, McVay and Gruden called a few more deep shots a game. 

Also, when Tyreke Hill broke out last year, Andy Reed called more deep shots for Alex Smith to Tyreke Hill.

This is just so obvious.

Interestingly enough, Thielen had 19 targets and 14 recs on Sunday, for just 105 yards, a 7.5 yards per reception average with 0 TDs.

In week 2 vs Indy, Chris Thompson had 13 receptions for 92 yds, a 7.1 yard per reception average with 0 TDs.

The same posters who are complaining Alex Smith doesn’t throw to WRs are overlooking that while Cousins is throwing to a WR 19 times in one game, completing 14 of those passes, the ypc basically = what CT’s ypc was vs Indy when he was our leading receiver.

Lastly, let’s not forget that Minny’s record is 1-1-1, and they got lucky that it’s not 1-2, because in most people’s opinion, the refs gave the Vikings game 2 with some awful calls.

Would us Redskins fans rather have a 1-1-1 record, or a 2-1 record despite the team where our former Qb went being more talented?

I think the answer to that is obvious.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Ive watched 2 games. Ive seen a good dozen drops.  And not, "Oh that might of been catchable." Theyve dropped balls that have hit them square in the chest and touched with both hands.

Is this about the Redskins or Vikings? I’ve seen one WR alone on the Redskins drop nearly 1/2 a dozen balls through three weeks, and two other WRs drop 2 as well.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Just missed seeing Breeland on the sidelines. Go get 'em kid (especially the Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants)!

I wish him well, like I do all former Redskins, as long as they’re not playing the Redskins of course!

The Saints are working out Amerson.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I don't think he's comparing here. He's talking about the Vikings

Ok, well I really don’t care about the Vikings but, I will defend the Redskins Qb vs the Vikings Qb especially when the Vikings QB had one of those “what the hell!” Games last week.

Turtle. If he has great receivers, they havent shown up as such yet. This is the top 20 of just the NFC alone. Only Rudolph would appear in the top 50 for the league. It hasnt been that much different than when he was with the Skins last year.

Just like here. A man alone can do but so much if balls arnt being caught.

w5dNvWj.jpg

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Turtle. If he has great receivers, they havent shown up as such yet. This is the top 20 of just the NFC alone. Only Rudolph would appear in the top 50 for the league. It hasnt been that much different than when he was with the Skins last year.

w5dNvWj.jpg

In before Turtle misses your point and points out CT on the list.

28 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

w5dNvWj.jpg

This is a list of the % of passes caught per target.  There’s a reason why most of the players on this list are RBs and TEs, because they are shorter passing targets for the QBs.

I forget the exact stat but I heard or read the other day that almost all of Michael Thomas’s targets are under 10 yards, same with most of RBs & TEs targets.

I think any football fan would point out that Adam Theilen and Stephon Diggs are better than Josh Doctson and Paul Richardson.

For the record the actual stats for Diggs and Theilen are as follows:

• Diggs: tied for 2nd in TDs, tied for 24th in receptions

• Theilen: 2nd in the NFL in receptions, 4th in the NFL in yards.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 11:34 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

The fumbles were bad. But he was 40 of 55 passing. 73%. He is what he is, a gunslinger with a half dozen heavily regrettable plays a game. Stuck yet again, surrounded by mediocrity.

I expect the Rams defense to eat those pitiful receivers and OL alive. Leaving him to yet again sling it till the errors pile up.

The first nine ( 9 ) drives went for like 86 yards . All his numbers were garbage time after the the score was 27-0 .