Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Ahh who needs Graham Gano anyway? Sigh 

He was inaccurate and had a lot of kicks blocked, that’s why we cut him. He’s seemed to have gotten better - great kick today - he has had some ‘Oh No Gano’ kicks for the Panthers too though over the last few years.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The Chiefs look way better without Alex Smith. Not sure if that’s an inditement of Smith or just how good Mahomes may be?  

It’s kind of both, Smith doesn’t have elite arm talent, but Mahomes does. There’s aren’t many guys who can do what he can do with the ball in the history of the NFL.

I will caution that when evaluating these Chiefs vs the Alex Chiefs, there needs to be a bigger sample size. It’s not even about the QBs, it’s about Andy Reid. Reid has a history of having some hot teams that cool down and collapse towards the end of the year or in the playoffs. He had that with the Eagles and has had it in KC too.

56 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He was inaccurate and had a lot of kicks blocked, that’s why we cut him. He’s seemed to have gotten better - great kick today - he has had some ‘Oh No Gano’ kicks for the Panthers too though over the last few years.

He wasn’t bad for the Redskins and it was stupid to cut him. 

26 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He wasn’t bad for the Redskins and it was stupid to cut him. 

Might want to review that. A couple of his low kicks got blocked and we lost those games.

2012 Forbath replaced him and his accuracy from 45 & in was a key factor to us going 10-6.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Might want to review that. A couple of his low kicks got blocked and we lost those games.

2012 Forbath replaced him and his accuracy from 45 & in was a key factor to us going 10-6.

Review it for me then. Since you are the one who thinks he sucked, go ahead and do the research. And then you defend Forbath who’s been cut how many times since? And Gano has been with the same team since we stupidly cut him. 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 8:00 PM, turtle28 said:

What’s amazing to me is that Jumbo Fisher didn’t have that OL stacked. Their OL is awful, truly awful and FSU has always had a good OL dating back to the 80s.

Its stacked.

2016 Recruit class. 4 top 20 linemen in the country. With the no.1 center, and no.4 OT. With a top 5 in 2015 and top 15 freshman for this year.

Willie just doesnt get the max potential out of players. Syracuse bullied them and that line.

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Review it for me then. Since you are the one who thinks he sucked, go ahead and do the research. And then you defend Forbath who’s been cut how many times since? And Gano has been with the same team since we stupidly cut him. 

I didn’t say Gano sucked. I said he was inaccurate in DC in mid range kicks from 30 to 49 and then, didn’t he hurt his quad or something?

I forget about the injury, but I thought Gano got injured, we brought in Forbath and then Forbath was Mr. Automatic and he replaced Gano. 

2010 & 11: Gano missed 3 kicks under 30 yards

2010-2011: He missed 13 kicks from 30-49

Forbath from 2012-14, Forbath missed 6 kicks in those ranges. 

2012 Forbath was 94%, 2014 he was 89%. 

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Its stacked.

2016 Recruit class. 4 top 20 linemen in the country. With the no.1 center, and no.4 OT. With a top 5 in 2015 and top 15 freshman for this year.

Willie just doesnt get the max potential out of players. Syracuse bullied them and that line.

Dude, those OL sucked for Jimbo & they suck for Willie. They didn’t just struggle vs Syracuse, they’ve struggled for 2 years vs everyone.

I don’t care what number of recruits they were in the country, what they do on the field on the college level is what matters.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Dude, those OL sucked for Jimbo & they suck for Willie. They didn’t just struggle vs Syracuse, they’ve struggled for 2 years vs everyone.

I don’t care what number of recruits they were in the country, what they do on the field on the college level is what matters.

But I can understand a couple not panning out. But when you have 5 top 20 nationally, 8 top 50 ranked linemen in the nation coming in and they ALL look mediocre at best. Thats coaching.

Cuse was aggressive and bullied that line awful using half the talent. And you could see on the field. What Cuse did have was very well coach and knew how to do their jobs on the field.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

1. In his two plus years (he was signed with four games to go in 2009 and played all 16 games in 2010 and 2011) with the team, he had six kicks blocked, five of which were in 2011. That single season represents 42% of the blocks in his career.
  2. Blocked kicks are not necessarily the fault of the kicker. It can be the fault of the offensive line as well.
  3. Since the Redskins released him, he has been under 80% accuracy once (2016, 78.9%).
  4. His overall accuracy with the Carolina Panthers has been 85.9%
  5. Since they unexpectedly released him before the 2012 season, the Washington Redskins have had five place kickers attempt field goals for them: Billy Cundiff, Kai Forbath, John Potter, Dustin Hopkins, and Nick Rose
  6. Since they signed Gano late in the 2012 season to replace Justin Medlock, the Carolina Panthers have had no other place kicker.

You were wrong then, and you are wrong now, @turtle28. The only difference between the Redskins releasing Gano and them releasing David Akers is that they didn't give a divisional rival a clutch kicker for a decade, only a conference rival.

• Like 1