Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

VT had no business not blowing out UNC, and then as the game progressed, had no business winning the game. Lucky to pull it out. 

To be honest, I originally had that VT lost (which meant UNC won). Was a tad surprised when I saw how it ended.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Wait...so JMU beat UVa in getting a win against a Top-25 team, first?

If JMU did it before this past weekend, then yes, JMU got a win against a top-25 team before UVA did this season. This was their first victory over a top-25 opponent under Bronco Mendenhall (this is his third year).

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

If JMU did it before this past weekend, then yes, JMU got a win against a top-25 team before UVA did this season. This was their first victory over a top-25 opponent under Bronco Mendenhall (this is his third year).

Ok, I thought it was a program/historical thing. Then no, we did not beat a Top25 team this season

Just now, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I don't think Miami would lose to Elon, although I'm less sure of that than I was this time last week.

I didn't think we'd lose to them either. Its one of those games where your team takes things for granted, doesn't come to play and gets their butts handed to them. You can bet that Houston is using that game as motivation for the rest of the season. And we came out and won 37-0 this past Saturday so hopefully we're on the right track again

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Ok, I thought it was a program/historical thing. Then no, we did not beat a Top25 team this season

Oh, no. We actually were respectable back in the 90s. Not world beating, but we held our own.

*restrains himself from posting the '95 FSU game*

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

Fuente is turning into a disaster. 

Honestly, I thought that he was going to be a great hire for you guys. When I saw that's who you guys had tapped a couple years back I quickly cycled through Denial and Anger and got to Depression.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Honestly, I thought that he was going to be a great hire for you guys. When I saw that's who you guys had tapped a couple years back I quickly cycled through Denial and Anger and got to Depression.

His offense has been extremely underwhelming. It’s like Stinespring all over again. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

His offense has been extremely underwhelming. It’s like Stinespring all over again. 

The football fan in me feels your pain.
The optimistic UVA fan in me revels in your pain.
The realistic UVA fan in me knows we'll lose anyway so not to get too excited.