turtle28

Things other than Redskins

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Ok, I thought it was a program/historical thing. Then no, we did not beat a Top25 team this season

Oh, no. We actually were respectable back in the 90s. Not world beating, but we held our own.

*restrains himself from posting the '95 FSU game*

Just now, lavar703 said:

Fuente is turning into a disaster. 

Honestly, I thought that he was going to be a great hire for you guys. When I saw that's who you guys had tapped a couple years back I quickly cycled through Denial and Anger and got to Depression.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Honestly, I thought that he was going to be a great hire for you guys. When I saw that's who you guys had tapped a couple years back I quickly cycled through Denial and Anger and got to Depression.

His offense has been extremely underwhelming. It’s like Stinespring all over again. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

His offense has been extremely underwhelming. It’s like Stinespring all over again. 

The football fan in me feels your pain.
The optimistic UVA fan in me revels in your pain.
The realistic UVA fan in me knows we'll lose anyway so not to get too excited.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

The realistic UVA fan in me knows we'll lose anyway so not to get too excited.

This.

30 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So he's basically Mark Richt as well. Should be an expect battle in Blacksburg,

4 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

So he's basically Mark Richt as well. Should be an expect battle in Blacksburg,

It’s hard to win at any level without a great QB, that’s something that has eluded both Miami and Va Tech for a decade.

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Fuente is turning into a disaster. 

Disaster is tough. Year 3 should be seeing a lot more positives. But we have, I believe, the youngest 1-2 in the ACC. Absolutely next year better be a big year.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s hard to win at any level without a great QB, that’s something that has eluded both Miami and Va Tech for a decade.

Define "great". Taylor, Morris, Kaaya, hell even Thomas his first year, were all pretty good QBs. I mean, if great means what I think you think it means, then VT hasn't had one since Vick. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Define "great". Taylor, Morris, Kaaya, hell even Thomas his first year, were all pretty good QBs. I mean, if great means what I think you think it means, then VT hasn't had one since Vick. 

Especially not an excuse at the college level anyways. You recruited these guys, now you have to develop them. N'kosi Perry was a top QB recruit and Richt spurned him to go to some bum for most of the UVA game.

I'm not anti-Richt, I think he's a great CEO for the program and has made us more relevant than we were for the 10 years prior, but his playcalling and in game management has been awful, and we're wasting our momentum.

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

A Tyrod Taylor type or better

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Especially not an excuse at the college level anyways. You recruited these guys, now you have to develop them. N'kosi Perry was a top QB recruit and Richt spurned him to go to some bum for most of the UVA game.

I'm not anti-Richt, I think he's a great CEO for the program and has made us more relevant than we were for the 10 years prior, but his playcalling and in game management has been awful, and we're wasting our momentum.

Best seasons back to back that Miami has had since 2004 & 2005. I’d be happy with that.