Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s hard to win at any level without a great QB, that’s something that has eluded both Miami and Va Tech for a decade.

Define "great". Taylor, Morris, Kaaya, hell even Thomas his first year, were all pretty good QBs. I mean, if great means what I think you think it means, then VT hasn't had one since Vick. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Define "great". Taylor, Morris, Kaaya, hell even Thomas his first year, were all pretty good QBs. I mean, if great means what I think you think it means, then VT hasn't had one since Vick. 

Especially not an excuse at the college level anyways. You recruited these guys, now you have to develop them. N'kosi Perry was a top QB recruit and Richt spurned him to go to some bum for most of the UVA game.

I'm not anti-Richt, I think he's a great CEO for the program and has made us more relevant than we were for the 10 years prior, but his playcalling and in game management has been awful, and we're wasting our momentum.

12 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

A Tyrod Taylor type or better

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Especially not an excuse at the college level anyways. You recruited these guys, now you have to develop them. N'kosi Perry was a top QB recruit and Richt spurned him to go to some bum for most of the UVA game.

I'm not anti-Richt, I think he's a great CEO for the program and has made us more relevant than we were for the 10 years prior, but his playcalling and in game management has been awful, and we're wasting our momentum.

Best seasons back to back that Miami has had since 2004 & 2005. I’d be happy with that.

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Imagine if Jerod Evans stayed 

Who? See this is the issue, most fans of other teams can’t even name a VaTech qb this century except the Vick’s and Tyrod Taylor. I know of Ike Whitaker because he went to HS down the road from where I went to HS. Sadly, he became an alcoholic and this weekend I went to a wedding of a friend of mine and he and his friends graduated with Ike. Apparently, Ike is a real bad alcoholic and needs to go to a rehab center but the guys who went to HS with him don’t think he will. I’m talking about drinking vodka straight from the bottle all day long bad.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Who? See this is the issue, most fans of other teams can’t even name a VaTech qb this century except the Vick’s and Tyrod Taylor. I know of Ike Whitaker because he went to HS down the road from where I went to HS. Sadly, he became an alcoholic and this weekend I went to a wedding of a friend of mine and he and his friends graduated with Ike. Apparently, Ike is a real bad alcoholic and needs to go to a rehab center but the guys who went to HS with him don’t think he will. I’m talking about drinking vodka straight from the bottle all day long bad.

I was acquaintances with Ike in college. 1st football player I ever met. I know all about his issues.

Jerod Evans - dad got into his year, talked him into leaving early, went undrafted. Floated around the Eagles and Packers PS but never caught on. 

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
*2016 Virginia Tech ACC JR QB 14 268 422 63.5 3552 8.4 8.9 29 8

Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
*2016 Virginia Tech ACC JR QB 14 204 846 4.1 12 0 0   0 204 846 4.1 12

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I was acquaintances with Ike in college. 1st football player I ever met. I know all about his issues.

Jerod Evans - dad got into his year, talked him into leaving early, went undrafted. Floated around the Eagles and Packers PS but never caught on. 

Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
*2016 Virginia Tech ACC JR QB 14 268 422 63.5 3552 8.4 8.9 29 8

Year School Conf Class Pos G Att Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays Yds Avg TD
*2016 Virginia Tech ACC JR QB 14 204 846 4.1 12 0 0   0 204 846 4.1 12

I have to say i kind of remember him but I’m a big college football fan. I don’t think most people would remember him outside of big football fans in the state of Virginia and some ACC fans since their teams played him for a few years.

It definitely was a dumb decision to leave.

What is he doing now, is he playing in Canada or something?

Edited by turtle28

20 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Michael Vick and Bryan Randall are still my all-time favorite QBs. Hell, even Grant Noel was a decent QB. Sean Glennon was the one I thought was going to be great but it just never materialized. 

Perfect example, until you brought up Bryan Randall and Sean Glennon, I had forgotten about them. I have no clue who Grant Noel is, but I remember Jim Drunkenmiller in the mid 90s.

So I had no idea Stephen Davis retired as a Carolina Panther. Maybe I’m crazy but he was most known for being a Redskin, made his career here and basically had one good year with Carolina so how he ended up signing a one-day contract and retiring as a Panther is beyond me? Very weird. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

So I had no idea Stephen Davis retired as a Carolina Panther. Maybe I’m crazy but he was most known for being a Redskin, made his career here and basically had one good year with Carolina so how he ended up signing a one-day contract and retiring as a Panther is beyond me? Very weird. 

He made the pro bowl and super bowl in 2003 as a Panther and they lost to the Patriots.

Great move by Spurier & Cerrato to get rid of him for Trung Candidate! Just wonderful! 

Edited by turtle28