Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

At least the Orioles have made strides towards having a competent front office.  Bringing in Mike Elias as GM and Sig Mejdal as Assistant GM/Analytics really hits home the two areas where the Orioles have long struggled- having a robust scouting system and international presence, and collecting and implementing advanced statistics and metrics.  

Now, the sons of Angelos have to show that they will stay out of the way and let Elias and his new front office do their thing, but we are already on the right path for Elias to accept the position.  I remember back before we hired Duquette, a former top Assistant GM name, Tony LaCava, turned down our job after interviewing with Peter Angelos as he didn't feel he would truly have the proper autonomy.  Elias signing on has me thinking they are committed, but time will tell.  

Now it's time for Snyder to wake up and do the same thing.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

I hate VT, but I think it’s absolutey hilarious UVA managed to lose to them again despite how awful they were this year.

Same here brother. For different reasons obviously, I’m a WVU alum who went to WVU when Michael Vick was there. You’re a U fan, but still, we share this hated of Va Tech.