Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

It’s like the Steelers can’t even accidentally draft a bad receiver and the Redskins can’t draft a good receiver to save their lives 

It’s absolutely unbelievable isn’t it?

Its one of the main reasons I want to draft Hollywood Brown, he has good pedigree. He’s Antonio Brown’s cousin.

But how did Kirk do it? This is only Zimmers 5th season. Its impossible to acquire the weapons and talent needed in such a short span. Takes at least 8 seasons as a coach to find WRs that qualify as true 1st and 2nd receivers. Even 3rds... Or anything that would qualify as being in the top 100-150.

If offensive guru masterminds like Jay cant. Then hows some lifelong Defensive coach thats been coaching defenses since the late 70s going to find offensive weapons? Impossible.

32 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But how did Kirk do it? This is only Zimmers 5th season. Its impossible to acquire the weapons and talent needed in such a short span. Takes at least 8 seasons as a coach to find WRs that qualify as true 1st and 2nd receivers. Even 3rds... Or anything that would qualify as being in the top 100-150.

If offensive guru masterminds like Jay cant. Then hows some lifelong Defensive coach thats been coaching defenses since the late 70s going to find offensive weapons? Impossible.

I know your half joking, but Jay didn’t decide to draft Doctson. It also wasn’t Jay’s decision to pass on Diggs.

The GM is the person who does the drafts. We’ve had 4 people in charge of the Redskins draft in this decade, and none of them have been Jay Gruden.

Zimmer also doesn’t make final decisions on the draft that I know of, their GM, Rick Speilman does.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I know your half joking, but Jay didn’t decide to draft Doctson. It also wasn’t Jay’s decision to pass on Diggs.

The GM is the person who does the drafts. We’ve had 4 people in charge of the Redskins draft in this decade, and none of them have been Jay Gruden.

Zimmer also doesn’t make final decisions on the draft that I know of, their GM, Rick Speilman does.

Youre kidding yourself if you dont think coaches have heavy input on whom is selected.

When Kyle was OC. He talked about how much film and footage he had to work through all the way up until draft time. And his dad said he poured through footage nonstop soon as seasons ended. Mike said he was the one that took Kerrigan.

If youre saying Jay is that weak. Then I can see why he remains coach. Nothing Bruce and those guys like more than "Yes Boys" under their thumbs.

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

On the point of Diggs, the Redskins must have some refusal to scout Maryland players, because we always seem to miss out on guys like Diggs and Davis when they come out of the school.  I dont understand why you dont pay more attention to the schools in your backyard.  At least recently, we've done that with Virginia Tech and gotten some decent finds late in the draft (Jarrett and Settle immediately come to mind.) . 

• Like 1