Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It was barely tipped and the ball was immediately going to the left. He was most likely going to miss it either way. 

We’re talking about less than 6 inches and he makes kick, 100% the tipped ball made a difference in him making it or not.

Also, IMO the wind seemed to get a hold of it bc it was heading straight but then seemed it get pulled left and it was windy at Soldier Field.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It was barely tipped and the ball was immediately going to the left. He was most likely going to miss it either way. 

Yeah, tipping even that much will alter the trajectory quite a bit. I remember having to calculate the spin of the ball and the trajectory when I took physiology and the physics of sports when I took some Kinesiology classes. The ball already takes a curved path due to it spinning on its X AND its Y axis. So its spinning length wise while tumbling. Just a small deflection off of finger tips is gonna cause problems with a kick the longer the kick needs to be made. If we're talking a chip shot inside the 10? That probably doesn't affect it much. But this was a 43 yard kick. That tip had enough to cause the ball to change its spin on one or both axis and cause it to miss.

• Like 1

Great national championship game so far. I hate that Dionte Thompson the FS from Alabama - who's projected to be a top 15 pick in the 2019 draft - just blew his deep coverage assignment ala DJ Swearinger! Ugh >:(

Edited by turtle28

On 1/6/2019 at 2:49 PM, lavar703 said:

Tony Romo is probably the only Cowboy other than Aikman that I’ve actually liked. He’s great at his job and he’s extremely smart. 

His disastrous MNF work notwithstanding, Jason Witten?

On 1/6/2019 at 5:40 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

7 slots is meaningless. Theres plenty of talent this draft.  The plus, We wont get caught reaching too hard for a qb. Cause I think Jones could end up going early out of desperation. And it shouldnt be us caught doing it. Let it be the Jags, Giants or someone.

It's not just one pick, but the entire draft.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

His disastrous MNF work notwithstanding, Jason Witten?

I've never liked Jason Witten or Romo. Romo is good in the booth though. The only Cowboy I've ever liked are those that either played at a college team I liked or Joey Galloway bc he's from my parents hometown and went to highschool with my cousins.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

I've never liked Jason Witten or Romo. Romo is good in the booth thigh. The only Cowboy I've ever liked are those that either played at a college team I liked or Joey Galloway bc he's from my parents hometown and went to highschool with my cousins.

Witten, as much as I wanted to dislike him due to his jersey, has a track record of being a good guy. Could never say a bad thing about him (other than him breaking my heart too many times over the years).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

Witten, as much as I wanted to dislike him due to his jersey, has a track record of being a good guy. Could never say a bad thing about him (other than him breaking my heart too many times over the years).

That's true, especially because of what he had to deal with his alcoholic and abusive father growing up.

57 minutes ago, Woz said:

It's not just one pick, but the entire draft.

Yup. 7th in EACH round is huge.

But I get the general sentiment. If your scouting department sucks, it doesn't matter if you're drafting 1st overall. The key is to find the right guys at YOUR pick.