Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

And yet I brought up one time how Cooley said a pass was on Alex not Reed and you defended Alex *shrug*

Wow, you have an amazing memory bc I can’t rememeber but I probably defended Alex bc this forum has crushed him before he even threw a pass. 

39 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Wow, you have an amazing memory bc I can’t rememeber but I probably defended Alex bc this forum has crushed him before he even threw a pass. 

I mostly remember it because you went against Cooley, and I was baffled. 

On 1/8/2019 at 12:39 PM, turtle28 said:

That's because some of us understood the difference between trends and outliers.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Don’t let your wife talk you into buying gluten free pasta noodles.  Ever.  End rant.

Unless you have honest-to-goodness Celiac's disease (like my college roommate's girlfriend/now wife does), you don't really need to worry about gluten.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Unless you have honest-to-goodness Celiac's disease (like my college roommate's girlfriend/now wife does), you don't really need to worry about gluten.

Were doing this low carb thing, they were out of the wheat noodles, she’s like oh get these.  

Cooked them 6 min, drained them, set aside for 2 min to cool and they formed into one large gelatoness blob.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 5:37 AM, turtle28 said:

Well that's clearly what they meant. And of course that's what they were talking about, they're covering the FBS championship, not the minor league championship.

Look, I love the FCS - I have cousins who went to Mount Union in Ohio - but let's me clear here, the only people who care about  FCS football are those who went to those schools, that live in those small towns or scouts who are scouting their talent for the NFL.

Both are still D1 correct? Then at least acknowledge that when you're making the point. After all, during the FCS playoffs and FCS championship, they felt fine spending precious airtime talking up FBS. 

As for the only people who care about FCS? FBS schools apparently do. Which is why they generally don't like to schedule the FCS teams that they think can beat them. NDSU is 6-0 vs their last FBS opponents (including I believe Iowa who was ranked top 10 when they beat them). Navy flat out refuses to play JMU anymore after we repeatedly embarrassed them (last time was in their own stadium at their homecoming) and VaTech refuses to play JMU after we beat them 21-16 (when they were ranked like #16) a few years ago. In fact, they scheduled a game with FCS' Rhode Island in 2019 instead of the team only 90 miles up the road. ECU got embarrassed by us so much they stole our coach. And we took NCSt to the wire this past year (had we had all of our defensive starters and not playing mostly freshmen on the OL, we win that game). Let's face it, when FBS is looking for an FCS opponent, they try to find the ones that really should be D2 schools. And not the FCS powers like NDSU and JMU who have almost as big of a budget and roughly the same amount of revenue (JMU revenue last year was $48m. Which places them at the top of FCS schools and about in the top 1/3 of FBS schools), who also recruit well...and can beat them. I mean, lowly Citadel in FCS was leading Alabama at the half during the season. Using your FBS bias, that game should've been a blowout from the opening kickoff.

The Sagarin rankings repeatedly have schools like NDSU, JMU and SDSU in the top 60 or so teams in the country (NDSU was as high as 24th this season IIRC in the Sagarin rankings). Which means that on any given Saturday, the top FCS teams can take on most of the FBS teams  (Note: I'm not talking most P5 like Clemson or 'Bama) and either beat them or give them a run for their money. 

Also, you REALLY need to learn about college football beyond just FBS, Turtle if you are confusing a D3 school like Mount Union with FCS (which is D1 like FBS but with less scholarships than FBS). They are not the same.

Finally, I love FBS football. But for me, bowl games are boring and the only reason I watch them is to watch individual players that I might want us to draft. There's nothing like the ACTUAL playoffs that the FCS has every year which actually decides a true champion. Unlike FBS.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Were doing this low carb thing, they were out of the wheat noodles, she’s like oh get these.  

Cooked them 6 min, drained them, set aside for 2 min to cool and they formed into one large gelatoness blob.

Whenever I do this, I always try to add a tiny bit of olive oil and mix it up to keep them from forming a gelatinous blob.

2 hours ago, Woz said:

There are a few other diseases in there, but on the whole, you are correct.  A lot of people are on the gluten free fad and it has nothing to do with actually needing to be on that kind of diet to survive.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

There are a few other diseases in there, but on the whole, you are correct.  A lot of people are on the gluten free fad and it has nothing to do with actually needing to be on that kind of diet to survive.  

My cousin is, he’s a health nut, nutritionist, personal trainer and owns a gym in Ohio. He doesn’t need to be but did it.