Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

36 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We will give up two firsts for Foles, who will promptly return to his career norms.  

I know I wouldn't. There are a lot of factors as to why the Eagles are a good team, and its not all because of just Nick Foles. They have a ton of talent everywhere on the field. They have a ton of weapons like Ertz, Jeffery who both catch everything and Agolor. Their defense is stacked too.

Just now, turtle28 said:

I know I wouldn't. There are a lot of factors as to why the Eagles are a good team, and its not all because of just Nick Foles. They have a ton of talent everywhere on the field. They have a ton of weapons like Ertz, Jeffery who both catch everything and Agolor. Their defense is stacked too.

Bruce Allen also doesn't like rookie QBs, so I have odds on a trade, but not with Foles who is going to have a high cap number.  If anything, he will target Wentz who is still on his rookie contract. 

57 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Bruce Allen also doesn't like rookie QBs, so I have odds on a trade, but not with Foles who is going to have a high cap number.  If anything, he will target Wentz who is still on his rookie contract. 

I'd just roll with McCoy and draft a rookie at some point to develop. 

I don't know that I 100% buy that Bruce doesn't like rookie QBs, he sure loved RG3!

I don't think we should be trading for Foles or Flacco. I could be sold on Wentz - depending on the cost - because he's young.

Edited by turtle28

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Nah, the players never get their equal share of the pie. They do all the work, put their bodies, long term health and lives on the line while front office people make billions off of them.

You do realize this is how every job works? 

• Like 2

I am continually amazed at how Jim Schwartz continues to get DC jobs.  He literally relies on a strong front four to provide pressure, which theoretically should help in coverage.  Yet he refused to double cover Mike Thomas, who is going to get his regardless of who is covering him so double coverage is about the only way to stop him.  

8 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I am continually amazed at how Jim Schwartz continues to get DC jobs.  He literally relies on a strong front four to provide pressure, which theoretically should help in coverage.  Yet he refused to double cover Mike Thomas, who is going to get his regardless of who is covering him so double coverage is about the only way to stop him.  

Still, if you knew beforehand that the Saints were going to score 20, I think you take that every time...

• Like 1