Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Still, if you knew beforehand that the Saints were going to score 20, I think you take that every time...

He made zero second half adjustments despite a slew of injuries, kept continuing his normal four man front game the entire time......and again, no double-coverage for Michael Thomas, who torched them in the second half.  Sometimes it's not all about the overall numbers. 

1 hour ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

So fun fact: I'm in the same hotel for a work trip as the training camp of the Atlanta Legends for one of these new football leagues. Met Aaron Murray in the gym this morning - didn't see many other names I recognized on their roster but still a little cool I guess.

Very cool- it's the Alliance of American Football league.  He's a good guy, and a good college QB,. just not good enough for the NFL long-term.  

• Like 2

On 1/13/2019 at 8:52 PM, lavar703 said:

You do realize this is how every job works? 

Was coming to say the same thing. The owners created the league. They put up the $ for it. The players are the employees. They put up their bodies for it. The owners get the majority of the $. But the players take quite a bit of the pie too --> Because they are putting their bodies in harm's way.

But complaining about this reality of life does no one any good. Because while they pay lip service to the owners and the current players being partners, the reality is that they aren't. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The players get 51% of revenue.  What other company gives that to their employees?  None.  

Yeah, was thinking it was still around 48-49%. So yeah. I really don't want to hear about the "poor players" being at the mercy of the robber-baron owners anymore.

On 1/11/2019 at 1:04 PM, MikeT14 said:

Heard where he might go in the drafT?

He's pretty good in coverage and I haven't seen many D1 DBs , coming out this year, with the hands and ballhawk skills he has 

Here's just a few of the highlights of his.

This was his 100 yard pick 6 this year.

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This is where you hope that we, being the local team, have some extra attention on the JMU program.  However, the likelihood that the Ravens, Steelers or Eagles are already all over him is much higher.  

We usually don't pay attention to JMU. Dunno why.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/01/17/virginias-harris-taking-full-advantage-of-shrine-stage/ 

The Draft Network's Jon Ledyard writes that Virginia CB Tim Harris has "put together an exceptional week" of East-West Shrine Game practices.
Ledyard passes along that Harris was particularly sharp during Thursday's practice, notching a pair of pass breakups, plus an interception of Jordan Ta'amu in the end zone which he returned for a touchdown. Writes the analyst, "[H]e’s looked athletically impressive this week, getting up to contest the ball in the air and showing the ability to break on underneath routes." The 6-foot-1, 205-pounder's medicals will be a key part of his evaluation this spring, as Harris saw two of his seasons at Virginia derailed by injury (a shoulder injury in 2016 and a broken wrist in 2017). He also dealt with a back injury during August camp heading into the 2018 campaign. Ledyard believes that relatively clean medical checks and a strong run in testing will have Harris coming off the board at some point on Day 3. Jan 17 - 3:25 PM

• Like 2