Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

One call.  Im disappointed it ended their season too, but in the playoffs, I like for the refs to let things play out.  Now, that helmet to helmet hit should've been called, but non-calls are a part of the game.  Mentally, you've got to get over that hump and double down for the next play, and the rest of the game.  

Dude, the play would’ve ended the game. Letting things play out is one thing, not calling a penalty on a play where there should’ve been two penalties on the same player is inexcusable. Like I said, I love the game but I’m not celebrating the NFL today. It’s a shame the Saints had all their hard work taken away from them. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2019 at 7:13 AM, Doc Draper said:

Ever wish you could go back in time? I’d have loved to watch Labron play in high school and even more if he had to play a year in college. 

Well  since I can’t, enjoy watching this young man.  labron is top 5 all time nba players. Here is the guy that reminds me so much of him and has a chance to be even better. Two teams tanked in the nba and Both have a chance to get him. Even more interesting is when Boston tanked by trading all their older players years back they have so many number 1 picks this year. Trade 4 number 1’s for a young and potentially better Lebron?

The Naval Academy is in my backyard, and my work does a lot with various groups including NAAA.  I would've loved to watch Roger Staubach play, or David Robinson.   

• Like 1

Gardner Minshew has bigger hands than Tyree Jackson O.o

Player	            School	      Height	Weight	Arm	Hand	
Ryan Finley	        NC State	   --	--	--	--	--
Will Grier	        West Virginia 6024	218	31 1/2	9 1/2	--
Tyree Jackson	    Buffalo	      6070	249	35	10	--
Daniel Jones	    Duke	      --	--	--	--	--
Drew Lock	        Missouri	  --	--	--	--	--
Trace McSorley	    Penn State	  --	--	--	--	--
Gardner Minshew II	Wash State	  6007	224	31 1/4	10 1/4	--
Jarrett Stidham	    Auburn	      --	--	--	--	--

Instant replay should be totally abolished . Players fumble, Q B's miss wide open receivers, receivers drop easy passes, Officials miss calls and make wrong calls. All part of the game and hopefully the call/ non calls pretty much even out. It was a better game before replay . 

It won't happen of course ! 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

And the funny part is that he continues to pull people from the Saban/Dolphins coaching tree, like it was ever truly successful in the NFL.  

I mean, we're doing the same with the Bucs, so its the pot calling the kettle black, but at least Jon Gruden's coaching tree has a direct Super Bowl

On 1/22/2019 at 10:49 AM, RSkinGM said:

Instant replay should be totally abolished . Players fumble, Q B's miss wide open receivers, receivers drop easy passes, Officials miss calls and make wrong calls. All part of the game and hopefully the call/ non calls pretty much even out. It was a better game before replay . 

It won't happen of course ! 

I agree to an extent. Replay is necessary but reviewing PI and other penalties is going overboard. You simply can not eliminate replay because it does help the game. I do however hate that it’s treated as a part of the game with coaches having challenges. How about just getting the play correct and not turning missed calls and poor judgement by refs into a game show...

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I agree to an extent. Replay is necessary but reviewing PI and other penalties is going overboard. You simply can not eliminate replay because it does help the game. I do however hate that it’s treated as a part of the game with coaches having challenges. How about just getting the play correct and not turning missed calls and poor judgement by refs into a game show...

Disagree. I want the calls to be right. What happened to the Saints should absolutely be reviewable. Same with what happened to Doctson at the end of the Texans game. I'm not asking to review every minutiae of every play. But there should be a way, in this age of technology, to be able to ensure the calls get called correctly (even noncalls). So that means the same type of thing. 2 challenges. But for me, I would go further. If your two challenges are correct, you shouldn't be penalized for getting the call correct. You should get a 3rd challenge, etc... Replays aren't slowing the game down by much IMHO. And I'd rather a few minute delay than some team getting the W that shouldn't have.

On 1/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

And the funny part is that he continues to pull people from the Saban/Dolphins coaching tree, like it was ever truly successful in the NFL.  

I mean, we're doing the same with the Bucs, so its the pot calling the kettle black, but at least Jon Gruden's coaching tree has a direct Super Bowl

At least we (the Washington fanbase) understand that it's a losing proposition to keep going to that well ... but I'm not sure the same can be said of the Cowboys fanbase.