Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 3/12/2019 at 9:00 PM, bigdog44 said:

Why would the Giants free up Odell’s money BEFORE most of the top FAs sign?

PS . Just peeked in the Giants forum and they lost their minds. “Quitting this team”, “never watching them again”. They sound like us

Definitely sounds like this forum. 😂 

On 3/12/2019 at 10:57 PM, Doc Draper said:

The Browns have done what I’ve advocated for- tank, acquire draft assets, use your poor record to draft key players, use your draft capital to acquire game winners at skill positions, use analytics in structuring your roster and payroll. They are positioned extremely well for the next several years. 

Where are the Redskins? Doing it all wrong. No quarterback, no game changing wide receivers, little at the edge for rushing, an overpaid #1 CB whose has always been slow and with age will be slower. But hey we just paid a box safety quarterback money and given the fans more false hope with an incompetent HC, lower tier assistant coaches at the skill positions, and a bumbling political want to be former failed agent as team president. 

Congratulations to the Browns and their fans. 

Thanks Danny , we gonna  be struggling to be a 500 team again and again. You’re a pic56832.jpg

as a football owner who will go down in history as the worst owner in the nfl

The Browns didn’t tank, they just made awful front office decisions for most of this decade and ruined their drafts by passing on great players for scrubs until the last two years. They tried to win and drafted busts for most of the decade. That shouldn’t be forgotten.

In 2014 they traded out of the #4 spot passing on Sammy Watkins, Khalil Mack, Jake Matthews and Mike Evans. Then with their 2nd first round pick they took Justin Gilbert over Anthony Barr, Taylor Lewan, Aaron Donald, Ryan Shazier, Zack Martin, CJ Mosley and get this..

In the 2014 draft the Browns passed on the player they just traded a 1st & a 3rd round pick for... O’DELL BECKHAM!

Lol Hilarious 😂 ! 

It also shouldn’t be forgotten that they passed on Julio Jones in 2011 & Carson Wentz in 2016.

I mean yay! They finally drafted a franchise QB and a franchise pass rusher after blowing so many chances to do so this entire decade! 😂 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Ok old timer... 😂 

Coming from you? That's rich. :D

I can do so much more, and faster with a keyboard and mouse. Half of the forum functions aren't available on the phone. Want color? Too bad. BIGGER FONT? Nope.

And that's just there.

28 minutes ago, Woz said:

Coming from you? That's rich. :D

I can do so much more, and faster with a keyboard and mouse. Half of the forum functions aren't available on the phone. Want color? Too bad. BIGGER FONT? Nope.

And that's just there.

True, but that’s not really necessary. I don’t even get on a computer or lab top anymore at home. Only at work or on my labtop if I have to do something from work at home. Which, I could do on my iPad too.

since Im not hopeful on our season I am following our Posts, We are gaining on the Eagles Forum and in striking distance to take over second place in the NFC. 

I don't know what to say really.Now starts the biggest battle of our professional football posting lives all comes down to today.
Either we heal as a forum or we are going to crumble.
Inch by inch, post by post, till we're finished.
We are in hell right now, gentlemenbelieve me and we can stay here and get the poopy kicked out of us
or
we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb out of hell.
One post, at a time.

Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old.
I look around and I see these young faces
and I think I mean I made every wrong choice a old but still vibrant with appropriate medication age man could make.
I uh....I pissed away all my money believe it or not (not really lol). I chased off anyone who has ever loved me (every morning)
And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror.(true but I still look damn good through a refined scotch glass)

You know when you get old in life things get taken from you.
That's, that's part of life.But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
You find out that life is just a game of inches.
So is posting on this forum 
Because in either life or posting the margin for error is so small.
I mean one delay in posting  too late or to early you don't quite make it.
One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it.
The posts we need are everywhere around us.
They are in ever activity of the redskins  every minute, every second.

On this Forum, we fight for that post
On this Forum, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that post 
We CLAW with our finger nails for that post.
Cause we know when we add up all those posts 
that's going to make the friggin difference
between WINNING and LOSING
between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this in any fight
it is the guy who is willing to die
who is going to win that extra post.
And I know if I am going to have any life anymore
it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that post 
because that is what LIVING is.The six inches in front of your face between your computer or iPhone and that next post  you are making.

Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes. Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that extra post with you.
You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team
because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen
and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals.
That's football posting guys.
That's all it is.
Now, whattaya gonna do?

Edited by Doc Draper