Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Seems to me these new leagues are not learning from the mistakes of their previous failures.

That, or maybe it just doesn't work (unlikely, but possible). 

I think they have to be tied to the NFL in order for it to work. We’ll see with the XFL I guess, but the fact that the AAF didn’t get a pipeline/tied to the NFL from the getgo is an issue. 

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Maybe. It seems to me the only way one of these leagues is going to succeed is if they are a minor league to the NFL. Both the NFL and NFLPA have do be involved with that process too.

I have a feeling that eventually the XFL 2.0 will have the same fate. Vince just took out money from his stock to fund it, but I can't see him doing that again year after year if he doesn't at least come close to breaking even this year.

I guess we'll see.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, heard that on the news. Very bummed about this as I thought it was a good product and not too gimmicky and WWE'y

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I just heard on 106.7 the Fan on the CBS Sportsflash that the Women's USA soccer team won their suit for equal pay and will be awarded $718,000 and get money from Adidas too.

Much deserved!

Given that they have three stars over their team logo to the USMNT's none, completely deserved.

• Like 1