Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

9 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

True or False: The Warrior's RG3'd KD

False. Clearly it was Durant’s fault for playing just like it was RG3’s. There is no fault on the Warriors front office, medical staff or coaches for this, its entirely the players fault for playing, just like it was all RG3’s fault in 2012-13...

Where’s the eye roll emoji??

25 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

True or False: The Warrior's RG3'd KD

False.

Fault of the fans/media who were questioning Durant's heart/will because he wasn't playing (even though he hadn't been cleared).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

I've been told that injuries are just dumb luck.

Honest question time: if you were Durant, would you come back? I mean, I can see it both ways

1. If I'm cleared and I can help win another championship, shouldn't I go out there?
  2. At the same time, if I'm not 100% (and I'm facing free agency), should I risk exacerbating the injury and hurting my value?

It's an emotion vs. logic kind of decision.

I get why Golden State wanted him back: they wanted to win and Durant (even banged up) would help them do that. But Durant? That's going to be a question that he's going to be wondering about for a long time, I'm afraid.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Honest question time: if you were Durant, would you come back? I mean, I can see it both ways

1. If I'm cleared and I can help win another championship, shouldn't I go out there?
  2. At the same time, if I'm not 100% (and I'm facing free agency), should I risk exacerbating the injury and hurting my value?

It's an emotion vs. logic kind of decision.

I get why Golden State wanted him back: they wanted to win and Durant (even banged up) would help them do that. But Durant? That's going to be a question that he's going to be wondering about for a long time, I'm afraid.

But A player not showing up to Voluntary teams activities should be worried about being cut? Reminder Durant money is guranteed regardless Football guys aren't! 

19 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

But A player not showing up to Voluntary teams activities should be worried about being cut? Reminder Durant money is guranteed regardless Football guys aren't! 

Apple and oranges here, but in their respective cases:

1. In Durant's case - he's a free agent after this season. He has no guaranteed money whatsoever. So, he could be worried (though, he's made quite a bit over the years both in terms of contracts and in endorsements). That injury could hurt his next year's salary and force him to take a smaller amount to show that he's healthy before getting one more contract commeasurate with his talent level.
  2. In Anderson's case - he has no protection in his contract beyond a negligible amount of bonus money. So, he should be worried that he'll lose his spot. He has no protection and must justify his position on the roster. Choosing not to demonstrate his skills potentially hurts him in this case.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Apple and oranges here, but in their respective cases:

1. In Durant's case - he's a free agent after this season. He has no guaranteed money whatsoever. So, he could be worried (though, he's made quite a bit over the years both in terms of contracts and in endorsements). That injury could hurt his next year's salary and force him to take a smaller amount to show that he's healthy before getting one more contract commeasurate with his talent level.
  2. In Anderson's case - he has no protection in his contract beyond a negligible amount of bonus money. So, he should be worried that he'll lose his spot. He has no protection and must justify his position on the roster. Choosing not to demonstrate his skills potentially hurts him in this case.

Choosing to show his skills when Needed is his job, not when asked to do so Voluntary! 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

In the scope of breaking legs and tearing ligaments, yes injuries are dumb luck. You want to disagree with that, talk to the man upstairs.

Breaking legs? Ehh... there's data to suggest that older bones break more easily. So don't trot out old QBs. But yeah, even young bones can break.

Ligaments? Absolutely can prevent quite a bit of those injuries. They are not all dumb luck.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Officially official: The Raiders will be on 'Hard Knocks' this summer

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/officially-official-the-raiders-will-be-on-hard-knocks-this-summer-230940948.html

Thank you!!

I dunno. I was kinda hoping (just a little bit) to have the Redskins be on it. Just to see the inside stuff on the camp battles.