Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

On 7/4/2019 at 7:19 AM, MKnight82 said:

There’s another MKnight82 in the world!  Our healthy baby boy was born this morning at 4:24am!  I’m a father!

Congratulations Brother!!! Now get him a user name and get him posting :)

Hey if my math is correct this means there was some October action other than the Redskins!! Remember during the season :

rocky.gif

Edited by Doc Draper

14 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Congratulations Brother!!! Now get him a user name and get him posting :)

Hey if my math is correct this means there was some October action other than the Redskins!! Remember during the season :

rocky.gif

Given a couple of those October games, I can completely understand that choice.

• Like 1

There’s another MKnight82 in the world!  Our healthy baby boy was born this morning at 4:24am!  I’m a father!

Awesome man. What a great day to be born too!

Sorry I missed your post. 

But let's be honest. Right now you're not reading anything we say here. 

Sleep deprivation is real.

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

😱

We'll now get to see if the "sell all assets for draft picks and build for the future" strategy works. I think it is smart on OKC's perspective: realize you won't win a championship, so instead sell high on all of your assets, allow all of the contracts that were signed now to run their course, get lots of cheap (and hopefully good) talent and be competitive when the windows for those "win now" teams closes.

Essentially a reboot. Instead of trying to compete with the Leonard/George Clippers, LeBron/Davis Lakers, and (now) the Harden/Westbrook Rockets, you look to be ready to compete with the Pelicans in 2021 or 2022 for supremacy in the West.

Damn bro I’m just seeing this. Congrats and welcome to fatherhood. It’s going to change you for the better and it’s a blast. I’m really happy for you dude! 

• Like 4

On 7/12/2019 at 11:16 AM, Woz said:

We'll now get to see if the "sell all assets for draft picks and build for the future" strategy works. I think it is smart on OKC's perspective: realize you won't win a championship, so instead sell high on all of your assets, allow all of the contracts that were signed now to run their course, get lots of cheap (and hopefully good) talent and be competitive when the windows for those "win now" teams closes.

Essentially a reboot. Instead of trying to compete with the Leonard/George Clippers, LeBron/Davis Lakers, and (now) the Harden/Westbrook Rockets, you look to be ready to compete with the Pelicans in 2021 or 2022 for supremacy in the West.

It's the NBA version of MLB's tanking.  It's going to suck for a few years, but when you can't compete with the large market teams, you've got to employ unique strategies and this is one of them.  

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 11:16 AM, Woz said:

The issue is aren’t they getting mostly picks that will be in the 20s? Other than their own?

It’s definitely something they needed to do bc once Durant left it was clear w/ Westbrook leading the Thunder that they weren’t likely to even get out of the first round of the Western Conference.

Kinda upsets me even more that Ernie didn’t get Paul George a few years ago. Wall, Beal, George, Morris & Gortat probably gets the Wizards to the NBA Finals a few years ago or at least gives Cleveland w/ Lebron a hell of a series in the eastern conference finals.

Oh well, I’m looking forward to the Wizards reboot too this year and hopefully Brown, Bryant and Hachimura show growth this season and the team will be looking solid in 2020-2021.

Edited by turtle28

21 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's the NBA version of MLB's tanking.  It's going to suck for a few years, but when you can't compete with the large market teams, you've got to employ unique strategies and this is one of them.  

The advantage is that you can upgrade on a much faster timeline than you can in the MLB.