Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The issue is aren’t they getting mostly picks that will be in the 20s? Other than their own?

This time last year, the same could have been said of the Lakers pick. They were assuredly making the playoffs once LeBron came!

And then ... they didn't.

The advantage OKC got is that they have first round picks through 2026. They just strangled the Clippers, so when they inevitably enter cap hell and don't have the assets to build around Leonard and George in a year or two, they're going to fall back into the lottery.

Also, even if they don't, having more picks means you have the flexibility. You can trade one or more picks at the trade deadline to get a player to help you in the a given season. You can trade them during the draft to move around and get a player you want. You can keep them and get young, cheap talent that you can develop.

https://pistolsfiringblog.com/mike-gundy-had-an-epic-response-when-asked-about-potentially-coaching-his-son/ 

Last week at Big 12 media days, the topic was broached appropriately and interestingly with a question about how [Gundy] would coach [his son]. Here’s the full response to that question, which deserves to be mega-viral because it is so painfully on brand. From The Oklahoman’s Scott Wright:

“When asked how he would coach his son, Gunnar, if the situation arose: “I told him, if you come to Oklahoma State, I’ll coach you like I do everybody else… If you’re the best player, you’ll play. If not, you won’t play — even though I’m sleeping with your mom.” [NewsOK]

Take a bow, Mike. Take a big stinking bow.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Good for him and the chiefs. Speaking of Chiefs, I still can’t believe that Eric Berry is a free agent. It seems the Cowboys are still monitoring the situation, whatever that means. I have to imagine if Nicholson, Apke & Everett don’t look good enough to lock down the Fs position next to Collins that we’ll be interested in signing Berry too sometime this month.

Edited by turtle28