Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

43 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Sims Jr. was doing a decent job this preseason with that role.

I don't normally watch pre-season, so I'll take your word for it- August is busy for work.  I guess if he's doing a decent job, that's all that matters now, especially since most kick returns have been neutered by rule changes over the past couple seasons.  A decade ago, Pharoh Cooper has a lot of value to a team.  

13 hours ago, Woz said:

One downside: lose out on a conditional pick due to the trade, but ... oh well ...

I was kidding. One, we don't need him bc we have JHC in his old role now as dime ilb and JHC has developed pretty nicely and we have Collins at SS. Two, Allen can't stand ya... I mean him! Gruddn was Fed up with too at the end of 2016 when he wouldn't play with an injury most thought he could have played with and the team was fighting for a playoff spot.

Edited by turtle28

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I can already see Bruce Allen dialing his agent's number as we speak. 

I really, really don't understand the NFL drug policy. I think it's totally made up as they go. McClain seems like an XFL candidate to me and if he plays well, possibly next year he makes it back to the NFL but no way the Cowboys want/need him.

10 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Sims Jr. was doing a decent job this preseason with that role.

I think he makes the team bc he's shown something as a returner and in other areas as a special teamer which, hopefully ends the Chesson making the team discussion. The question becomes do you keep a 7th WR like Sim, Jr or does Byron Gruden make it as a 4th RB bc he can also be a return man.

Edited by turtle28

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup...wonder how he'll spin this to blame the Redskins. 

Fact remains, he's not very good.

It's probably still his aloofness/attitude towards football. He never acted like he loved it, he played bc he was good at it. He cared most about the attention dollars football provided him.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think he makes the team bc he's shown something as a returner and in other areas as a special teamer which, hopefully ends the Chesson making the team discussion. The question becomes do you keep a 7th WR like Sim, Jr or does Byron Gruden make it as a 4th RB bc he can also be a return man.

I want no part of Byron. Keep Sims Jr. He's been a pretty good WR and return man. We have AP, Guice and Thompson healthy. Let's roll with 3 there. If we have an injury, we can easily find a RB of Byron's level (maybe even Byron himself) available during the season.