Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

46 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Wins and losses are a team stat. No one player wins or loses games. You’re convincing no one in this forum of a win/loss stat to prove that a QB isn’t good.

Last time I checked Kirk is still worth it. He’ll help get his team into playoff contention and meanwhile since we’ve decided not to re-sign Kirk, we’re in contention for the #1 pick in the draft. 

So, we went from a top 15 team in the NFL when Kirk was the QB of our team. And, that was based off of our passing game alone bc our run game & D were trash from 2015-17 and our kicker Hopkins cost us back to back 9-7 seasons bc of his missed kick vs Cincinnati in 2016. Now, since we've lost Kirk and then Alex last year we've lost 10 of our last 11 games to now being arguably the worst team in the NFL.

And you're celebrating that?

Lmao. xD 🤣

Last time I checked his teammates and alot of those that cover the league would disagree with you when you say he was worth the money he got paid. 

I'm celebrating that I was correct "Mr You Like That" should've been traded and never should've made the history he made with his current contract. 

His team didn't make the playoffs last year and I doubt they do this year ethier. I'd take the Packers and Bears over the Vikings making the playoffs. 

Edited by Skins212689

On 10/1/2019 at 11:46 PM, Skins212689 said:

Last time I checked his teammates and alot of those that cover the league would disagree with you when you say he was worth the money he got paid. 

I'm celebrating that I was correct "Mr You Like That" should've been traded and never should've made the history he made with his current contract. 

His team didn't make the playoffs last year and I doubt they do this year ethier. I'd take the Packers and Bears over the Vikings making the playoffs. 

What teammates? Kirk’s Redskins teammates didn't want to see him go, they knew he was the best QB they’s likely play with on the Redskins.

They're understandably frustrated in Minny, but that division might be the best division in football, all the teams are playoff-caliber teams. I could see none of them having a losing record.

I mean, Kirk was 75%, 273 yards and a 91.6 rtg vs the Bears defense, the best j. the NFL, aka average.

Kirk didn't make enough plays to win, but neither did anyone else.

Calvin Cook was averaging 128 ypg on the ground before the Vikings played the best defense in the NFL, he and the OL didn't do enough to win the game either.

The Vikings have a problem at the #3 WR position too bc of Doctson and Chad Beebee’s injuries. They re-signed Laquon Treadwell, but I'm actually shocked they didn't or haven't signed Ryan Grant to be their slot WR given Grant’s chemistry with Cousins throughout their careers.

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

What teammates? Kirk’s Redskins teammates didn't want to see him go, they knew he was the best QB they’s likely play with on the Redskins.

They're understandably frustrated in Minny, but that division might be the best division in football, all the teams are playoff-caliber teams. I could see none of them having a losing record.

I mean, Kirk was 75%, 273 yards and a 91.6 rtg vs the Bears defense, the best j. the NFL, aka average.

Kirk didn't make enough plays to win, but neither did anyone else.

Calvin Cook was averaging 128 ypg on the ground before the Vikings played the best defense in the NFL, he and the OL didn't do enough to win the game either.

The Vikings have a problem at the #3 WR position too bc of Doctson and Chad Beebee’s injuries. They re-signed Laquon Treadwell, but I'm actually shocked they didn't or haven't signed Ryan Grant to be their slot WR given Grant’s chemistry with Cousins throughout their careers.

When he wins something meaningful holla at me. When he can take his team back to the level of play they were at with Keenum holla at me. 

That's not until it's for sure they have a playoff spot and win in the playoffs so you can't even respond until than, but knowing you you'll still respond with more excuses. 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

When he wins something meaningful holla at me. When he can take his team back to the level of play they were at with Keenum holla at me. 

That's not until it's for sure they have a playoff spot and win in the playoffs so you can't even respond until than, but knowing you you'll still respond with more excuses. 

Already has. In 2012 w/o him vs the Ravens in the 4th quarter, they don't go to the playoffs. W/o his win vs the Browns in the following week, they don’t go to the playoffs in 2012.

He won a win and get in-game in 2015 vs Bradford and the Eagles. Philadelphia. That game essentially equated to a playoff game. If the Redskins lost that game, they don't in the NFC East in 2015 and they don't host the playoff game vs the Packers at Fed Ex.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Already has. In 2012 w/o him vs the Ravens in the 4th quarter, they don't go to the playoffs. W/o his win vs the Browns in the following week, they don’t go to the playoffs in 2012.

He won a win and get in-game in 2015 vs Bradford and the Eagles. Philadelphia. That game essentially equated to a playoff game. If the Redskins lost that game, they don't in the NFC East in 2015 and they don't host the playoff game vs the Packers at Fed Ex.

I don't recall those being playoff games.

Your just like Jay, support your guy no matter what. It's cool though. When the Vikings don't make the playoffs for the second year in a row after signing the 84 million dollar guy all will be good once again in my mind. He was never worth that money!!!

Edited by Skins212689

10 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't recall those being playoff games.

Your just like Jay, support your guy no matter what. It's cool though. When the Vikings don't make the playoffs for the second year in a row after signing the 84 million dollar guy all will be good once again in my mind. He was never worth that money!!!

W/o them, there is no playoffs. W/o Kirk’s win vs the Ravens and Browns, RG3 doesn’t get all the admiration he got in 2012.

Edited by turtle28

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

W/o them, there is no playoffs. W/o Kirk’s win vs the Ravens and Browns, RG3 doesn’t get all the admiration he got in 2012.

Griffin would've got admiration from me regardless because of his play when on the field. A limping Griffin is the one who had them up 14-0 against "The Legion of Boom" Cousins is the one who couldn't come in and secure the lead. 

Edited by Skins212689

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Griffin would've got admiration from me regardless because of his play when on the field. A limping Griffin is the one who had them up 14-0 against "The Legion of Boom" Cousins is the one who couldn't come in and secure the lead. 

Again, w/o Kirk’s wins vs the Ravens and Browns when Griffin couldn't play, there is no playoffs so being up 14-0 on the Seahawks in that playoff game wouldn't have happened unless you believe Rex Grossman beats the Ravens and Beowns, which is possible I guess but we’ll never know.

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Again, w/o Kirk’s wins vs the Ravens and Browns when Griffin couldn't play, there is no playoffs so being up 14-0 on the Seahawks in that playoff game wouldn't have happened unless you believe Rex Grossman beats the Ravens and Beowns, which is possible I guess but we’ll never know.

And if they had let Griffin heal after getting hurt in the BMore game we could've seen a better Griffin the next 3 years he remained here. There wouldn't have been a need for "All In Week 1" 

To me their repeating this mistake by throwing Haskins in last week and if they start him again this season after seeing he clearly isn't ready. 

I don't care if Keenum threw 6 picks, Haskins is the future and he needs to be protected and groomed more b4 he takes another starting snap.

Edited by Skins212689

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

And if they had let Griffin heal after getting hurt in the BMore game we could've seen a better Griffin the next 3 years he remained here. There wouldn't have been a need for "All In Week 1" 

Maybe, again, one of those things we’ll never know bc no one even wants Griffin to be their starter.

And 7 years after RG3’s injury, Kirk is making $29 million as a starter w/ another $31 million guaranteed next year after making $44 million combined in 2016 & 17 from the Redskins.

But Kirk sucks and Griffin is awesome! Ok buddy! 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2973c8b1ff929fa3ba17

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Maybe, again, one of those things we’ll never know bc no one even wants Griffin to be their starter.

And 7 years after RG3’s injury, Kirk is making $29 million as a starter w/ another $31 million guaranteed next year after making $44 million combined in 2016 & 17 from the Redskins.

But Kirk sucks and Griffin is awesome! Ok buddy! 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2973c8b1ff929fa3ba17

Yes Rookie RG3 was Awesome!!! Had they protected him and cuddled him like they did Cousins I think he could've substained that Awesomeness even longer. 

Me saying Rookie RG3 was Awesome I believe is a fact, not a opinion. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Yes Rookie RG3 was Awesome!!! Had they protected him and cuddled him like they did Cousins I think he could've substained that Awesomeness even longer. 

Me saying Rookie RG3 was Awesome I believe is a fact, not a opinion. 

Griffin was always an awesome runner and average QB. Even taking RG3’s knee injury out of it in 2012-2013, in 2014 Griffin dislocated his ankle and missed 1/2 the season. Cousins and McCoy outplayed Griffin in 2014.

There’s no guarantee that Griffin wouldn’t have continued to get injured year after year. I believe he got hurt in Cleveland also in 2016. They cut him after one season even though they gave him a two year deal.

So, CLE didn’t even want RG3 as their starter dude when they were busy going 0-16 in 2017 while Kirk almost threw for 4,000 yards for the 3rd straight season!

Your opinions are fine, they’re like a-holes, everyone has one, but his one just doesn’t add up.

Edited by turtle28

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Griffin was always an awesome runner and average QB. Even taking RG3’s knee injury out of it in 2012-2013, in 2014 Griffin dislocated his ankle and missed 1/2 the season. Cousins and McCoy outplayed Griffin in 2014.

There’s no guarantee that Griffin wouldn’t have continued to get injured year after year. I believe he got hurt in Cleveland also in 2016. They cut him after one season even though they gave him a two year deal.

So, CLE didn’t even want RG3 as their starter dude when they were busy going 0-16 in 2017 while Kirk almost threw for over 4,000 yards for the 3rd straight season!

Your opinions are fine, they’re like a-holes, everyone has one, but his one just doesn’t add up.

Cool and I'm fine with you not agreeing with my opinions. I think some aren't looking at mental side of what just saying "Hey Griffin we need you to take it slow and fully recover" could've done for him after that hit in the Bmore game.

He wouldn't have felt threaten by Cousins and rushed back ASAP so he didn't lose his job. Cousins was never rushed to be "The Guy" here.

Every since Cousins has been given the keys to be "The Guy" while his stats may impress you, his actaul play will never reach what Griffin was when he was actually "The Guy"  before his injury.

Nor should Cousins been given a 84 million dollar contract to be "The Guy" for any team. 

Edited by Skins212689

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Cool and I'm fine with you not agreeing with my opinions. I think some aren't looking at mental side of what just saying "Hey Griffin we need you to take it slow and fully recover" could've done for him after that hit in the Bmore game.

He wouldn't have felt threaten by Cousins and rushed back ASAP so he didn't lose his job. Cousins was never rushed to be "The Guy" here.

Every since Cousins has been given the keys to be "The Guy" while his stats may impress you, his actaul play will never reach what Griffin was when he was actually "The Guy"  before his injury.

Nor should Cousins been given a 84 million dollar contract to be "The Guy" for any team. 

Actually, Griffin rushed back bc he knew Cousins’ potential in Shanahan’s office. Rg3 saw kirk perform every day in practice, he saw Kirk outplay him in 4 straight preseasons. He knew if he got hurt and missed multiple games - even as a rookie - that Kirk could take his job.

How can you say that RG3 impressed as a passer in 2012 & 13 more than Kirk has from 2014 until what he is currently?

If that's the case, RG3 would be starting somewhere but he isn't bc he's back up material.

The truth is, outside of a handful of games as a rookie and 2nd-year player combined - and only when RG3 was in the zone-read offense - he wasn't that great of a drop back passer. We saw this the first 2 or 3 games in 2013 and in 2014. In 2013, he refused to run zone-read to start the season off but when he started off awful the first few weeks,  then, he finally agreed to do some zone-read again.

Just chew on this nugget, in 2009 Jason Campbell threw for more yards in that season then RG3 ever has in a single season. Griffin has never thrown for more than 3,203 yards in a season.

* Campbell threw for 3618 in 2009, Griffin has never even done that!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298c95b025370c2c3c2a

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Actually, Griffin rushed back bc he knew Cousins’ potential in Shanahan’s office. Rg3 saw kirk perform every day in practice, he saw Kirk outplay him in 4 straight preseasons. He knew if he got hurt and missed multiple games - even as a rookie - that Kirk could take his job.

How can you say that RG3 impressed as a passer in 2012 & 13 more than Kirk has from 2014 until what he is currently?

If that's the case, RG3 would be starting somewhere but he isn't bc he's back up material.

The truth is, outside of a handful of games as a rookie and 2nd-year player combined - and only when RG3 was in the zone-read offense - he wasn't that great of a drop back passer. We saw this the first 2 or 3 games in 2013 and in 2014. In 2013, he refused to run zone-read to start the season off but when he started off awful the first few weeks,  then, he finally agreed to do some zone-read again.

Just chew on this nugget, in 2009 Jason Campbell threw for more yards in that season then RG3 ever has in a single season. Griffin has never thrown for more than 3,203 yards in a season.

* Campbell threw for 3618 in 2009, Griffin has never even done that!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f298c95b025370c2c3c2a

Ok cool even I'm wrong about Griffin, Kirk did nothing to surpass the contracts of a Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton Manning, type QB. 

Now how will you argue Cousins deserved 84 million guranteed b4 those guys?