Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Yet you wanna try to give him credit for McVay. McVay probably always out coached him even when it came to dealing with Cousins but you can't see that. 

I’m not giving Gruden total credit for any thing.  Sean has a lot of different influences on him to get to where he is. But, it’s definitely obvious Jay helped develop McVay as a coach, Sean was under him for 3 seasons and allowed Sean to call plays from 2015-17.

Sean learned under Mike for 3 or 4 years - he was Cooley’s TE coach and Cooley said he knew Sean would be a good HC someday in 2011 - then, Jay liked him and made Sean his offensive coordinator while everyone else on the offensive staff was fired but OL coach Mr Buggersugar - Chris Forester. 

You keep misinterpreting my posts. At least if I do it to you, I honestly say I read it wrong, my bad. I never said Gruden developed Cousins on his own, I said it was a combination of the Shanahan’s, Jay and Sean and Kirk put the work in himself and was coachable where RG3 wasn’t.

And what do you care anyways? You think Kirk sucks! 

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m not giving Gruden total credit for any thing.  Sean has a lot of different influences on him to get to where he is. But, it’s definitely obvious Jay helped develop McVay as a coach, Sean was under him for 3 seasons and allowed Sean to call plays from 2015-17.

Sean learned under Mike for 3 or 4 years - he was Cooley’s TE coach and Cooley said he knew Sean would be a good HC someday in 2011 - then, Jay liked him and made Sean his offensive coordinator while everyone else on the offensive staff was fired but OL coach Mr Buggersugar - Chris Forester. 

You keep misinterpreting my posts. At least if I do it to you, I honestly say I read it wrong, my bad. I never said Gruden developed Cousins on his own, I said it was a combination of the Shanahan’s, Jay and Sean. And what do you care anyways? You think Kirk sucks! 

Jay hired him for a job he earned if anything. Had Jay not hired him McVay would've got hired elsewhere. When Jay is let go, the only one probably giving him a call for work is his brother. 

Edited by Skins212689

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Jay hired him for a job he earned if anything. Had Jay not hired him McVay would've got hired elsewhere. When Jay is let go, the only one probably giving him a call for work is his brother. 

That just gives credit to Jay for recognizing Sean’s talent and allowing him to become the playcaller in 2015 so Jay could focus more on coaching the entire team which worked bc Cousins led us to the NFCE title and a home playoff game that year.

What Sean has developed into as a HC is  a good mark on Jay’s resume.

Jay can get a offensive coordinator job easy. The obvious is in Las Vegas for his brother but also Minny to work with Kirk again.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That just gives credit to Jay for recognizing Sean’s talent and allowing him to become the playcaller in 2015 so Jay could focus more on coaching the entire team which worked bc Cousins led us to the NFCE title and a home playoff game that year.

What Sean has developed into as a HC is  a good mark on Jay’s resume.

Jay can get a offensive coordinator job easy. The obvious is in Las Vegas for his brother but also Minny to work with Kirk again.

If it were true what Sean has develop into is a good look for Jay, Jay would have teams just waiting for the Skins to fire him. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

If it were true what Sean has develop into is a good look for Jay, Jay would have teams just waiting for the Skins to fire him. 

He will as an offensive coordinator bc that’s what he’s good at and he’s developed multiple QBs. 

Just now, turtle28 said:

He will as an offensive coordinator bc that’s what he’s good at and he’s developed multiple QBs. 

Highly doubt that. We shall see though. My prediction is he will get hired by his brother. No one else will be picking up their phone for Jay Gruden.

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Highly doubt that. We shall see though. My prediction is he will get hired by his brother. No one else will be picking up their phone for Jay Gruden.

Well that will be an offensive coordinator job, maybe assistant HC position too.