Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

1 hour ago, Woz said:

A very good chance that is next year's starting right fielder with Jayson Werth's contract expiring.

Yeah, I think so. I wonder if they'll re-sign Kendrick?

The Nats are pretty stacked in the outfield. They really haven't even missed Harper that much.

Edited by turtle28

50 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I think so. I wonder if they'll re-sign Kendrick?

The Nats are pretty stacked in the outfield. They really haven't even missed Harper that much.

Depends on the price. Guys they'll likely pursue:

1. Howie Kendrick (remember, he can play the infield as well; they also have Adam Eaton coming back)
  2. Brandon Kintzler

Guys they might pursue:

1. Stephen Drew (if they don't get Kendrick)
  2. Matt Albers (if they don't get Kintzler)
  3. Jose Lobaton (only for his defensive game, and even then I'm dubious)
  • Like 1

It has to suck to be a celebrity in the twitter age. You literally cannot go anywhere or do anything without people putting your whereabouts on twitter. I still remember when I was at a sushi restaurant in Arlington and Randy Couture was there with his girlfriend. Saw it was Randy, said hello via head nod, then went and ate my dinner.

I'm pretty socially anxious so I couldn't imagine how annoying it must be to have people bug you constantly and then get mad at you when you just want to be left alone lol. 

• Like 1

I've been watching the Wizards since I was a kid and they were the bullets. I always felt like I was the only kid around that even liked the team. I remember my mom taking me to a game at the US Air arena I believe it was and getting to see CWebb. I also remember how bad we were when Courtney Alexander embarrassingly clanked a break away dunk off the rim. There was always like 5 people at the game and most were opposing fans and now everyone is like "that's my point guard" and yadda yadda yadda. Just pretty funny to see fans come out of the woodwork lol

The same exact thing happened with the Nats. This area has like the least loyal fans on the planet unless it's concerning the Redskins. 

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I've been watching the Wizards since I was a kid and they were the bullets. I always felt like I was the only kid around that even liked the team. I remember my mom taking me to a game at the US Air arena I believe it was and getting to see CWebb. I also remember how bad we were when Courtney Alexander embarrassingly clanked a break away dunk off the rim. There was always like 5 people at the game and most were opposing fans and now everyone is like "that's my point guard" and yadda yadda yadda. Just pretty funny to see fans come out of the woodwork lol

The same exact thing happened with the Nats. This area has like the least loyal fans on the planet unless it's concerning the Redskins. 

Well I've been there with you. My first Wizards game I remember was when George Mureșan was there. I think I was 12 or 13 and my took me and one of my best friends. We were lucky enough to get floor seats from someone my dad used to work with and now I work with. We were at the end of the wizards bench, Muresan was so tall it was unbelievable. His waist was as tall as my friend and I at the time and we weren't sitting too far away from him.

I rarely have missed a Wizards game on tv this century. I can't tell you how upset I was when Jordan traded away Rip Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse. That was probably the most disappointed I've been as a wizards fan. 

Edited by turtle28