Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Alex Cora and the Red Sox mutually agreed to part ways, as the speculation is that Cora may receive a harsher penalty than AJ Hinch, as he was the one who designed and ran with the replay system tracking pitches.  

None of them should be allowed back in MLB. The MLB has to make an example of them. Also, shouldn't some players be suspended who participated as well? 

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

None of them should be allowed back in MLB. The MLB has to make an example of them. Also, shouldn't some players be suspended who participated as well? 

Someone brought up the point that it wasn't worth it to Manfred to get the MLBPA involved and dispute it, plus suspending players might punish teams that weren't involved. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Someone brought up the point that it wasn't worth it to Manfred to get the MLBPA involved and dispute it, plus suspending players might punish teams that weren't involved. 

I don’t know, seems like the players who participated are getting off the hook for cheating. That can't happen.

Back home. Was hoping I was staying long enough to enjoy the parade. But thats Saturday. (actually got home around 4pm, and spent 2 hours tonight at the jail cause my employee got a DUI and needed a ride home. I got there they hadnt even booked him yet.)

Stayed at 1 of my college roommates homes. Hes a dentist in the west ward. The other roommate was there. And the 4 guys that shared a place across the street from us met up with us. All united one more go.

The game. The leadup that day was electric. Hats off to Clemson fans. Class acts. The game itself was crazy and maybe its just age hitting me. But it felt like the loudest of all the games Ive attended there. Stayed electric and on edge the entire time.

After the game.... There is nothing in sports like LSU winning a title in New Orleans. To bad  OSU cant win one in Cleveland, Clemson in Columbus, Texas in Dallas. French Ward was ON FIRE. Me and the old roomies got back to his places something after 8am. Chaos all night long. Fireworks in every direction till after 6am. Their was like a fog casting over the area, and cause of the lights. Everything, sky, looking any direction, was giving a different meaning to "purple haze".

Im fine if we never win another. That was special and unlike anything Ive witnessed out the city.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 8:01 PM, MKnight82 said:

Why isn’t Kyle Shanahan our head coach?

Because everyone panicked!!!!!! The owner fell in love with a gimp legged QB and didn’t back his coaches even after the player showed he was probably never going to be the same

• Like 2

So sad what happened to Kobe Bryant,  his daughter and the rest of the people on that helicopter. My brother is a huge Laker fan so I’ve watched or heard about his career from day 1. I’ve always had a great respect for athletes who can not only dominate a game but encourage and demand the best from their teammates (Ray Lewis, Mark Messier etc.) A true warrior when there aren’t many like that in sports anymore. Prayers up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I think we were all pumped when we got Simmie Cobbs as an UDFA. Well, he was cut by his first XFL and then picked up by the DC Defenders.

The Defenders roster looks good. Tyree and Cardale as qbs could be great at that level of play. Sam Montgomery as DE, Dupree, Rashad Ross and Cobbs at WR. Elam at Safety. Scooby Wright and Massaqui at LB. Plenty of guys that had great college careers.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

The Defenders roster looks good. Tyree and Cardale as qbs could be great at that level of play. Sam Montgomery as DE, Dupree, Rashad Ross and Cobbs at WR. Elam at Safety. Scooby Wright and Massaqui at LB. Plenty of guys that had great college careers.

I was shocked how many names I knew (around the league). It's a solid team, definitely. I'm not a big Cardale guy. WRs are stacked though for known names.