Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Congratulations Kevin Harvick in the 4 Ford. Great to see sports again! Weird with an empty racetrack, but still great! 

And even better betting on this ( where I had three Gibbs cars would finish in top 10) for a nice payday. My buddy said even if we lost it’s better than going the dog park and betting which one would drop a turd first 

Just now, Doc Draper said:

Congratulations Kevin Harvick in the 4 Ford. Great to see sports again! Weird with an empty racetrack, but still great! 

And even better betting on this ( where I had three Gibbs cars would finish in top 10) for a nice payday. My buddy said even if we lost it’s better than going the dog park and betting which one would drop a turd first 

Glad to see a Ford win, that's my ride! Damn, I miss my Mustang GT! I shouldn't have let my soon to be ex-wife talk me into trading it in for an SUV. Don't get me wrong, I like my Ford Edge Sport too, but my Mustang GT was definitely more me then an SUV even if it is a sporty SUV.

Sorry bout the personal stuff  

yeah that GT was awesome! He’s to Eleanor ( gone in 60 seconds)

1967-ford-mustang-hero-car-from-gone-in-

and the best part you could ride her hard and she never says you’re not validating her feelings lol

Edited by Doc Draper
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

Sorry bout the pardonable stuff 

yeah that GT was awesome! He’s to Eleanor ( gone in 60 seconds)

1967-ford-mustang-hero-car-from-gone-in-

and the best part you could ride her hard and she never says you’re not validating her feelings lol

That was my baby.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CATv05OFr4dlW4GROIpFX5qIP9ahOshStT8o-Q0/?igshid=efguzvp0nd2x

Edited by turtle28

16 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I didn't even know there was a race, I would've tuned in.  I'm just waiting another month for golf matches to start.  

I'm a huge bobblehead collector- I started in 2014 when I started going to Orioles games again with season tickets.  I have all of their SGA bobbleheads from this time, and I've purchased some back further.  I started collecting the Nationals bobbleheads in 2018 as well.  I also peruse other stadium giveaways that year to find other ones, such as the Marcell Ozuna Cardinals bobbleheads where there were four appearances, award bobbleheads (silver slugger, Gold Glove, platinum glove) and season ticket holder exclusives, amongst others.  I also have plenty of Mike Trout bobbleheads, Ohtani bobbleheads and Star Wars themed ones.  

This is probably the only wrestling one I will ever buy, but it's a top five in my collection for sure 

64d9f4d8-b1ce-462b-b847-573b85bfe960.713719ac938d99f0bce8314b597acffa.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

• Like 1

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The experts say 75-80% of the people in the USA will get it. About 1,000 people have been dying a day from it. And that’s when we stay at home orders in place. There’s a likelihood that 180,000-200,000 more people will die the last 6 months of this year from COVID. 

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

‪NBA in talks to possibly resume season at Walt Disney World Resort

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nba-talks-possibly-resume-season-walt-disney-world-resort-n1213806 via @nbcnews‬

I think this is a really good idea by the NBA, but when do they have Free Agency? in September?

I think baseball is missing the boat by not using Rogers Centre as a potential location for a group of teams.  They could even be quarantined in the hotel that is attached to the stadium.  Baseball's best bet is to have four locations where teams can play from- Arizona and Florida for spring training facilities, Texas (the old and new Rangers ballparks, Houston and some college/minor league parks like Rice) and Toronto.  You could even put Maryland into that, and use Baltimore, DC and Philadelphia.  

NBA likely has a truncated off-season for sure, but the point is to get some games in for people I am sure. 

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I think baseball is missing the boat by not using Rogers Centre as a potential location for a group of teams.  They could even be quarantined in the hotel that is attached to the stadium.  Baseball's best bet is to have four locations where teams can play from- Arizona and Florida for spring training facilities, Texas (the old and new Rangers ballparks, Houston and some college/minor league parks like Rice) and Toronto.  You could even put Maryland into that, and use Baltimore, DC and Philadelphia.  

NBA likely has a truncated off-season for sure, but the point is to get some games in for people I am sure. 

I hope for the NBA that they just play the playoffs like, what’s the point in playing another 20 regular season games or whatever?

The NBA & NHL should expand the playoff field to like 16-20 teams and have those teams battle it out for the playoffs. And for the love of god!! Have the first rounds, maybe first two rounds of there are that many teams play 5 game series!!