Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Also - watching the Pats game. Its curious how Martellus Bennett claims that the Packers pushed him to play through his shoulder injury and that's why he wanted out. And with that same shoulder injury, he voluntarily plays for the Pats.

IMHO, he's got a problem with telling the truth.

More likely he realized he didn't want to waste a season with Hundley throwing to him and he wanted out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The amazing thing is the Giants are going to end up picking in the top 5 and get their QB of the future. They'll probably suffer one or two down years and then be right back to kicking our butts again. 

As it stands right now, they are picking 3rd. The question is: do they go QB now, or tackle?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

As it stands right now, they are picking 3rd. The question is: do they go QB now, or tackle?

You take the QB if you're the Giants because odds are they won't be picking this high again any time soon. They're not a team that's used to being this bad and I don't expect it to stay that way. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

You take the QB if you're the Giants because odds are they won't be picking this high again any time soon. They're not a team that's used to being this bad and I don't expect it to stay that way. 

I get that, but you're gambling that new rookie is not going to get his head caved in because the offensive line cannot protect him. The last thing you want is to create a David Carr scenario (talented QB who becomes gunshy after getting the stuffing knocked out of him).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Woz said:

I get that, but you're gambling that new rookie is not going to get his head caved in because the offensive line cannot protect him. The last thing you want is to create a David Carr scenario (talented QB who becomes gunshy after getting the stuffing knocked out of him).

Sign someone else and don't play him the first year. 

2 hours ago, BuckleyBoy said:

Talk about a cold game to be at. Was the usual cold weather game down in Harrisonburg.

fired up for playoff season already!

Yeah, I was at the season finale vs. Elon last year and it was bitterly cold that day. But as usual there, it started out mild.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I was at the season finale vs. Elon last year and it was bitterly cold that day. But as usual there, it started out mild.

You were there last year and didn’t tell me? Cmon man!

yeah that game was rough. Was nice and 55-60 then turned to 30 by game time