Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Oh and since I posted all season about JMU wins, I'll post about how we (and the refs) gave the championship to NDSU on Saturday. Refs gift them a turnover (called a fumble when the knee was down - even replay showed it) and they kick a FG. We lost 17-13 while trying to get in the EZ from their 20 at the end of the game instead of kicking a FG and winning 16-14. Our WR uncharacteristic drops and QB throwing an INT on the 1, didn't help either.

It was a heckuva defensive battle. Both teams averaged over 30ppg in the regular season and over 35-40 in the playoffs.

I respect the heck out of their team and think they have been great for FCS. Its just that their fans are pretty insufferable with their passive aggressive trolling about how they are the best FCS program ever, and are the "new Alabama", and God's gift to college football .... is grating on old-school 1-AA/FCS fans that have seen better programs in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. 

On 1/1/2018 at 5:09 PM, Doc Draper said:

Loving the Megacast on ESPN. Awesome! Wish the old stodgy nfl focused their time of this instead of millionaire anthem protestors

It is kinda entertaining. Like what would actually really be cool is if they could get into the coaches on the sidelines between drives that would be entertaining seeing the players who gets guys hyped and coaches how they teach that would be awesome

14 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I respect the heck out of their team and think they have been great for FCS. Its just that their fans are pretty insufferable with their passive aggressive trolling about how they are the best FCS program ever, and are the "new Alabama", and God's gift to college football .... is grating on old-school 1-AA/FCS fans that have seen better programs in the 70s, 80s and early 90s. 

I get salty with my JMU friends that you all won't go DI-A. 

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I get salty with my JMU friends that you all won't go DI-A. 

Yeah, I've gone back and forth on going to FBS. I don't want to leap and then be irrelevant like a lot of FCS teams moving up have been. I like playing for championships and getting great recruits because of the exposure on national TV. It would take something special for us to jump. We could dream of a P5 invitation, but most likely it would be a new conference of top tier FCS teams like JMU and NDSU and some 2nd tier FBS schools. This could work and allow the conference to eventually get a team or two into the conversation for the FBS playoff if they do it right.

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I've gone back and forth on going to FBS. I don't want to leap and then be irrelevant like a lot of FCS teams moving up have been. I like playing for championships and getting great recruits because of the exposure on national TV. It would take something special for us to jump. We could dream of a P5 invitation, but most likely it would be a new conference of top tier FCS teams like JMU and NDSU and some 2nd tier FBS schools. This could work and allow the conference to eventually get a team or two into the conversation for the FBS playoff if they do it right.

ODU was founded in 2009 at FCS, got to FBS in 2014 and got bowl eligible within 2 years. I think you're closer than you think in Virginia.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

ODU was founded in 2009 at FCS, got to FBS in 2014 and got bowl eligible within 2 years. I think you're closer than you think in Virginia.

Yeah but I'd rather be playing in a national championship on national TV, than playing in a crappy and barely watched bowl game in the Bahamas in the CFB equivalent of wearing a Snoopy costume in the Ice Capades

• Like 2