Things other than C’s Talk

turtle28

Wizards win 3rd in a row against the Raptors 122-119. 

Beal scored 25 of his 27 points in the second half and chipped in 6 assists and 6 rebounds. They had eight players score in double figures in their third straight win without John Wall.

Porter had 16 points, 6 assists and 11 rebounds in his first double-double since early December, and Markieff Morris scored 15 points and 7 rebounds - including five straight in the 4th quarter to end a Raptors run.  Morris gave the wiz the lead for good in a tough battle against the second best team in the Eastern conference.

Satoransky and Gortat each had 10 points with Gortat corralling 7 rebounds. Mike Scott had 14 points off the bench, Jodie Meeks hit 2 threes and had 10 points off the bench, getting into double figures for the first time since December 29th. Mahinmi also had 10 points and Oubre had 7.

Edited by turtle28

Had the privilege to listen to the best sportscaster in history talk about the Super Bowl, the Vegas line if Pink will sing the national anthem in under/over 1.59 seconds lol and his strong advocacy about respecting our country. 

Love this guy and reminiscing when he was in DC. The greatest of all time, I present 

wolf01.jpg

On 2/2/2018 at 6:43 PM, Woz said:

Don't worry, turtle, the Wizards will lose by double digits to the Magic. Because ... reasons ...

The Cavs better get their crap together. If they lose tonight - and the Rockets are killing them - the Wizards will only be a 1/2 game behind the them for 3rd place in the Eastern Conference. They have 30 wins right now and they had 30 wins at this point a year ago too.

Edited by turtle28

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The Cavs better get their crap together. If they lose tonight - and the Rockets are killing them - the Wizards will only be a 1/2 game behind the them for 3rd place in the Eastern Conference. They have 30 wins right now and they had 30 wins at this point a year ago too.

I wonder if someone should ask if this the 2017-18 Wizards should be a nominee for the "Patrick Ewing Theory."

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I wonder if someone should ask if this the 2017-18 Wizards should be a nominee for the "Patrick Ewing Theory."

I’d take that than what the crappy Redskins have given us this decade, or do you like not making the playoffs? At least the wizards compete to get to the Eastern Conference finals.

And What’s wrong with you anyways? I don’t understand why you don’t respect a franchise that’s turned itself into a consistent playoff team and has gone to a few game 7s which if they had won they’d get to the eastern conference finals?

what are you a cavs fan or something? Ugh >:(

Edited by turtle28

25 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d take that than what the crappy Redskins have given us this decade, or do you like not making the playoffs? At least the wizards compete to get to the Eastern Conference finals.

And What’s wrong with you anyways? I don’t understand why you don’t respect a franchise that’s turned itself into a consistent playoff team and has gone to a few game 7s which if they had won they’d get to the eastern conference finals?

what are you a cavs fan or something? Ugh >:(

Because I realize that unlike the NFL where it's do or die in the playoffs, the fact that the NBA is a best of seven series means that talent will triumph in the long run. It's not a lottery ticket, but the best teams that advance.

The Wizards are not a talented franchise. Granted, they are better they were in the pre-Wall era, but they are still not good enough to win titles. They've got a ceiling and it is the second round of the playoffs. Since they have the second worst GM in DC franchises, it's not going to improve. So, I don't waste my time worrying about them.

What amuses me is that you believe differently.

Question: yes, they're 0.5 game behind Cleveland. But does that really matter when they're eight games behind the Celtics, and six games behind the Raptors?

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

Because I realize that unlike the NFL where it's do or die in the playoffs, the fact that the NBA is a best of seven series means that talent will triumph in the long run. It's not a lottery ticket, but the best teams that advance.

The Wizards are not a talented franchise. Granted, they are better they were in the pre-Wall era, but they are still not good enough to win titles. They've got a ceiling and it is the second round of the playoffs. Since they have the second worst GM in DC franchises, it's not going to improve. So, I don't waste my time worrying about them.

What amuses me is that you believe differently.

Question: yes, they're 0.5 game behind Cleveland. But does that really matter when they're eight games behind the Celtics, and six games behind the Raptors?

It amuses me that you waste your time hating them to someone who likes them. It amuses me that it bothers you so much that you’ve argued with me about this for 4 years. You’re wasting your time if you think you’re going to get me to not like the Bullets/Wizards, I’ve loved them since elementary school. So, save your time.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

It amuses me that you waste your time hating them to someone who likes them. It amuses me that it bothers you so much that you’ve argued with me about this for 4 years. You’re wasting your time if you think you’re going to get me to not like the Wizards, I’ve loved them since elementary school. So, save your time.

I'm not trying to change your fandom, but consider me as someone who will attempt to keep you grounded because you are going to be disappointed yet again.